It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Influence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I often read posts where the op's try to theorize that if intelligent aliens exist, that they will not interfere with our evolution. Well, I for one, think that isn't the case. Why? Because whether we achieve some level of intelligence or technoglogical advancement all by ourselves, or get it from an alien race, it's still a part of natural-, or should I say UNIVERSAL, evolution. There is nothing unnatural about us humans meeting aliens, or rather the other way around, and getting smarter or more advanced as the result of it. It would be the same as learning a new skill from a random foreigner from our own planet. The fact that aliens should come from outerspace, is only a matter of distance, but I am willing to bet it's the same curiosoty we have, that drives them. Remember, we are all made out of the same fundamental buildingblocks as everything else in the universe. If aliens find us, and help us to become better, to me, thats is all part of what and who we are, perhaps even meant to be.

One could argue that we earthlings have to evolve on our own and pass thru all the phases by ourselves, but then why do parents try to educate their children not to do, drink/eat or touch certain things? To prevent them from getting harmed or doing silly things that already happend many times before, to many others, and have proven to be a path not to take. Arent't these the moments that are so pivotal in our evolution?

peace

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2FacedOne could argue that we earthlings have to evolve on our own and pass thru all the phases by ourselves, but then why do parents try to educate their children not to do, drink/eat or touch certain things? To prevent them from getting harmed or doing silly things that already happend many times before, to many others, and have proven to be a path not to take.

It's subjective, and I'm not sure whether I'm being obvious here or what, but:

Parents protect their children (most do at least), throughout the animal kingdom. Humans mature much slower then other species, and therefore parental influence adheres for a longer time (or period) throughout the beginning of ones life.

Whether it's a dietary reason, religious, or for health (either allergies or physical condition), parents try to educate to prepare one for adulthood and keep their children safe (again most, not all lol). In my opinion it's human nature.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by llBll

What I meant to say with that is, like a parent who tries to tell his/her child not to do certain things, in stead of letting him/her find out the "hard" way, does not make the child grow up with an unfair advantage, or with knowledge he/she isn't supposed to have at that particular moment,

When it comes to " Human Nature" , I think an alien would do exactly the same to see to it that it's offspring reaches adulthood in safety. Does that make him/it human?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

So why didn't our dear overlord alien watchers give dinosaurs I.Q.s to match their size and voracity? Why let a perfect species of reptilians perish and then let/wait several millions of years of evolution for small furry creatures to become Homo Sapiens Sapiens? Just does not make sense.

Your thoughts are flawed in this case.

Cheers...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
reply to post by 2Faced

So why didn't our dear overlord alien watchers give dinosaurs I.Q.s to match their size and voracity? Why let a perfect species of reptilians perish and then let/wait several millions of years of evolution for small furry creatures to become Homo Sapiens Sapiens? Just does not make sense.

Your thoughts are flawed in this case.

Cheers...

Maybe because " they" did not discover us yet? And maybe even aliens know that a perfect killing machine, not unlike the shark, does not need much improvement. Also, things like dexterity and other physical aspects, or rather the lack thereof, would make an intelligent T-rex a clumsy car/spaceship builder. We humans are still evolving, on many levels because, imo, we need to and because we are capable of evolving on many levels. Doesnt that set us humans/humanoids apart from other species?

I never meant to state that aliens were responsible for our creation, I was only talking about us humans being taught skills by aliens.

edit on 10-3-2013 by 2Faced because: cause i suck at grammar

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If I'm reading your post right, I agree with you. There's nothing unusual about somebody with more skills or maturity passing on some helpful knowledge to those without it.

It's that flow and backwash of information that saw one group of early people showing another how to chip a cutting edge into flint. Or one guy telling another not to drink standing water. Damn near every country on Earth runs a schools system that also proves your point.

The fact that aliens should come from outerspace, is only a matter of distance, but I am willing to bet it's the same curiosoty we have, that drives them. Remember, we are all made out of the same fundamental buildingblocks as everything else in the universe.

This is a way more difficult point to be sure of. Although we've gone from bi-planes to Mars in little over a century, us now would still understand the behaviours of those folk a century ago. It isn't as clear that we'll understand the actions of us several hundred years in the future. Our technology will appear as magic to us now.

Say we got a visit from someone from somewhere else? We'd be just fine if they were just a few decades or centuries ahead of us. Let's say they still traded and had an information economy? We'd be down with that and see sort of eye to eye with them. It wouldn't really upset our concept of ourselves.

However, if we got a visit from something that was 1000s of years removed from material trading, we might suffer. All our thoughts are contained in our skulls right? We share them over the net and the airwaves. What if what visits us was no longer a physical intelligence and now had developed into being a technological intelligence? Could we relate to that? Would something 1000s of years ahead know so much more than us that it wouldn't necessarily see us as people with Free Will? It's a crap analogy (sorry!), but if we saw a bunch of 5-year-olds fighting or wrecking their play-area, we'd over-rule their Free Will in a flash. We'd be 100% right too!

Those examples are for benevolent, harmless visitors. Unfortunately, it could go the other way as well couldn't it? Marauders from Elsewhere! Did 18th Century Africa 'evolve' when Europeans shattered their cultures and took everything they wanted? We could also hope the fate of Native Americans never happens to us...it's not for me to speak for them, but 'evolve' might not be a word they'd say with a smile.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by 2Faced

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If I'm reading your post right, I agree with you. There's nothing unusual about somebody with more skills or maturity passing on some helpful knowledge to those without it.

It's that flow and backwash of information that saw one group of early people showing another how to chip a cutting edge into flint. Or one guy telling another not to drink standing water. Damn near every country on Earth runs a schools system that also proves your point.

The fact that aliens should come from outerspace, is only a matter of distance, but I am willing to bet it's the same curiosoty we have, that drives them. Remember, we are all made out of the same fundamental buildingblocks as everything else in the universe.

This is a way more difficult point to be sure of. Although we've gone from bi-planes to Mars in little over a century, us now would still understand the behaviours of those folk a century ago. It isn't as clear that we'll understand the actions of us several hundred years in the future. Our technology will appear as magic to us now.

Say we got a visit from someone from somewhere else? We'd be just fine if they were just a few decades or centuries ahead of us. Let's say they still traded and had an information economy? We'd be down with that and see sort of eye to eye with them. It wouldn't really upset our concept of ourselves.

However, if we got a visit from something that was 1000s of years removed from material trading, we might suffer. All our thoughts are contained in our skulls right? We share them over the net and the airwaves. What if what visits us was no longer a physical intelligence and now had developed into being a technological intelligence? Could we relate to that? Would something 1000s of years ahead know so much more than us that it wouldn't necessarily see us as people with Free Will? It's a crap analogy (sorry!), but if we saw a bunch of 5-year-olds fighting or wrecking their play-area, we'd over-rule their Free Will in a flash. We'd be 100% right too!

Those examples are for benevolent, harmless visitors. Unfortunately, it could go the other way as well couldn't it? Marauders from Elsewhere! Did 18th Century Africa 'evolve' when Europeans shattered their cultures and took everything they wanted? We could also hope the fate of Native Americans never happens to us...it's not for me to speak for them, but 'evolve' might not be a word they'd say with a smile.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Offcourse you are entirely right, and I think it would be up to the alien's discretion and experience, whether he will choose educate us, or that we are even up to the task. Same as why perhaps our overlords chose not to further evolve dinosaurs. And (even though I failed to mention that) I was also reasoning from the assumption, that the intentions of said aliens are peacefull in nature.

Thanks!

top topics

join