It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A zombie apocalypse can NOT happen, and here's why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Western Hollywood and MSM has been trying to keep western people in panic.

What they should panic ?

Muslims

Islam is the virus that spreads and lets you kill your own brother even though he is still alive.

It is a real thread to Materialism and western imperialism.

IMO , Zombies are the numb people who are tired of the soulless and same way of living everyday and they decide to change their lives.

No kinds of change can bring a solution for Materialism.

IMO , the brains of materialism have thought of a way to keep people afraid of outside of materialism. It should be grave yard outside materialism. So , no one would think of a way to scape it.

If you look at the movies like resident evil , you can see that zombies live in developed countries like US and Japan.

When a place for religion is not filled , superstition will take over.

And one day , you come and you say Zombies are not real.

But government wants you to suppose they are real for they produce new versions of Zombie movies.

Western govts keep their people in fear to get them to accept and do whatever they want.

Want to know Zombies are real or not ? Ask Obama.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There are parasites(I think they're parasites) that turn a snail into a zombie. Also known as Zombie Snail.

World's Deadliest: Zombie Snails
edit on 10-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by HomerinNC

It depends on what your definition of "zombie" is.

From my perspective, it's anyone with an apparent IQ less than 130. 130+ qualifies as 'competent', such they don't seem to shuffle about aimlessly to little or no real purpose as much.

130 is a pretty high bar for society, no?
Considering the average for humanity is around the 100 mark overall (pyramid).

In saying that, I am above that mark, however I have many days doing the drone shuffle without much purpose...so, I am a part time zombie by choice

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

What they should panic ?

Muslims
Islam is the virus
western imperialism.
the soulless
materialism.
When a place for religion is not filled , superstition will take over.
Obama.

Religion and politics.
Shesh man, follow the topic already. You must be no fun at a party.

And since when is materialism a bad thing? You got a computer, don't you? Guess your particular materialism is good, but your neighbors is bad.

and religion == superstition.

Now...Zombies...shamblers...runners, or like fast walkers..your thoughts? (lets see if you can make a post without bringing up islam, Obama, or the jooz)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

And since when is materialism a bad thing? You got a computer, don't you? Guess your particular materialism is good, but your neighbors is bad.

Materialism is bad , not for materials and science are bad. Denying spirit and playing the role of god is bad .

religion == superstition

You know it is conditional instruction. It says if religion is equal to superstition.

that was my fun side.

edit on 10-3-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Walk under water?

Maybe they are reptilian, amphibian, zombies?

Probably related to

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well you just ruined The Walking Dead for me. Thanks...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

some
Go

some
Stay

some go vessels reused by...

those who stay encounter reused
by those who wanted/needed .. vessels

this is just hypothetical to the
OP

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
some go
new vessels

or back to original vessels/self
edit on 3/10/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The worst would be a virus/bacteria that makes people insane to bite/eat others while spreading the disease. Think that is impossible...how about rabies... We also seen cases where a host is manipulated by a parasite as part of the parasite's evolutionary survival tactics.

To have a true dead zombie we would need to look in a direction of a parasite that could manipulate and sustain dead tissue as a evolutionary survival tactic to propagate. A much more difficult situation.

But the first one would most likely see the earth's population dwindle to very small groups that remain isolated from the disease until it dies out. It would be a walking dead scenario for the first month or so, then nothing but small groups that kill each other off for control and fear. Just a very accelerated rate to what the show portrays.

So to the OP you do not see any chances of the human race decimated by a live zombie scenario?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What about a 28 days later type of movie?

Where the zombies aren't dead, but just humans with a virus that sends them berserk and spreads easily.

It would be a stretch, but to say it is impossible is false.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

It depends on what your definition of "zombie" is.

From my perspective, it's anyone with an apparent IQ less than 130. 130+ qualifies as 'competent', such they don't seem to shuffle about aimlessly to little or no real purpose as much.

130 is a pretty high bar for society, no?
Considering the average for humanity is around the 100 mark overall (pyramid).

In saying that, I am above that mark, however I have many days doing the drone shuffle without much purpose...so, I am a part time zombie by choice

Not just zombies but genius zombies...and I thought it could not get any worst.
BTW, movies that portray zombies as extra fast are wrong too.. we can't have genius or fast zombies.

Grade Range Percent
Genius 144 0.13%
Gifted 130-144 2.14%
Above average 115-129 13.59%
Higher average 100-114 34.13%
Lower average 85-99 34.13%
Below average 70-84 13.59%
Borderline low 55-69 2.14%
Low

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Only idiots believe in living dead. Apparently they need to understand the cardio vascular system and without blood and oxegen pumping to muscles it aint happening.
God I don't even know why I reply to these dumb threads?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Only idiots believe in living dead. Apparently they need to understand the cardio vascular system and without blood and oxegen pumping to muscles it aint happening.
God I don't even know why I reply to these dumb threads?

Of course, some people say they're not really "alive." I'm not sure how popular that idea is, but I've heard it before.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There are plenty examples in the Zombie canon mythos describing zombies that are not just simply animated meat.

The 28 Days Later franchise illustrates an infection that transforms living people into raging psychopaths with all the attribution of the classic zombie. They do, of course, eventually die through violence or just starvation.

The Resident Evil franchise illustrates a virus with mutagen properties where the dead are functionally living from a reengineered standpoint.

The classic Romero zombie has taken several forms over the course of its description from space worms causing zombiedom, to government secret projects, allusions to Christo-mythology and then simply unknown.

Something to take note of is that Zombie behavior exists in nature.
Toxoplasmosis is a parasite that gestates in cats and rodents. Rodents exposed to cat excrement containing the little buggers get reprogrammed, like zombies, to basically present themselves to cats as easy prey.
People infected with toxoplasmosis show an affinity for cats (though this could already be the case beforehand).

There are a number of worms and fungus that also reprogram target host brains for differing purpose with target hosts ranging from ants, spiders, snails and other mainly insects being effected.

Rabies, in a sense, could be considered a zombie-making candidate.

From a 28 Days Later perspective, the possibility for a bioweapon that turns people into mindless infectious psychopaths could very well pose a real possibility.

Will we ever see something like that?
Doubtful.

edit on 9-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Curious, why do you say doubtful. With all of the laboratories around the world, and new bacterias, and viruses we find, not to mention all of the scary bugs that humans create on top of it. I would say the chances are better than doubtful, just wondering your reasons

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I've been thinking about this, and a zombie apocalypse couldn't happen, zombies are considered undead, right?
Bodies that are dead that have rerisen in search of live prey, but there is a problem to this.
Once the heart stops pumping, the body starts decompose, tendons contract and after a few days the body will stat to rot.
In a few weeks, most will have advanced decomposition and be unable to move, so all you gotta do is hole up a week or two and you'd survive

The walking dead will arise!! Well, not exactly. They won't arise... To be more accurate, they will never truly die... at least for 5 months. To borrow an old 60s phrase: "keep on truck'n"!

See post at this thread: 5 Real Diseases That Could Make You Act Just Like A Real Zombie, page 1 for details.
edit on 10/3/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sice the idea of the Zombies being dead is only in the movies, it is still possible. In fact since most of the food is being gen modifided and what they do to the live food is unreal; just to fatted them up makes it even possible in todays world!
Now we are messing with the DNA, this could be interesting later. Or some new virus which by our own making wants to live so blend with the host and has it's shot at life!
Man has been on top of the food chain for so long and now messes with that for some reason! Life as we know of it works on a different plan, call it what you want. Playing God will Have a price someday and then what shall we do?
We heared about the rasing of the dead, past and now movies. Hell some books who go so far back said it is possible so why do you not even concider this?
To say it is not possible is wrong!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by SaturnFX

Materialism is bad , not for materials and science are bad. Denying spirit and playing the role of god is bad .

See, that whole "playing the role of god" stuff always bugs me
What is a deitys role anyhow? I am of the opinion that if we can do it, then it is our role.
Materialism is just an extension of our hunter/gatherer nature. same stuff every lifeform has on earth. You think a squirrel would refuse a extra nut in its hole during winter when it realized it wouldn't need it?
We are simply really damn good at hunter/gatherer stuff...because we evolved (or were created..there..have a bone) this way.

Now, the persuit of materialistic endeavors over and above every other consideration of humanity can be "bad"..more like disasterous, antisocial, and repressive in varying quantities. That however is not the fault of materialism, that is lack of principles and self control. (they go hand in hand).

Materialism is a symptom.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
BTW, movies that portray zombies as extra fast are wrong too.. we can't have genius or fast zombies.

Nonsense!
Since when do zombies have rules? I imagine there is some Haitian somewhere that is shaking his fist at Romero

But I somewhat agree simply from a traditionalist standpoint. shamblers are zombies, runners are infected, and runners that are dead are erm..demons or something..but meh, they are all zombies so long as they are about as clever as a potato and wanting to nom you.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You have been thinking about zombies lately ? why ? lol

you still dont get it !

This whole zombie thing is a arrogant joke from the elites
the zombies they are referring to are the 99% .. MEANING US

but if you refer to real zombies .. then the face eating man is the closest thing that we will get
maybe it was just a MK ultra victim being ordered to go do that so people think that zombies are real
edit on 3/10/2013 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join