It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What separates us from the animals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Man I dont know about that. I have worked around dogs for a good while and would say that they certianly display about every human quality one could think of.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is what i think what separate us from animals:

We kill our own kind more than animals kill their own kind.
edit on 14-3-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What separates us from the animals?

Humans endlessly destroy nature. Animals live in perfect harmony with it.
Humans pay for what nature gives us for free. Animals don't.

edit on 14-3-2013 by D1ss1dent because: ...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I think one thing that separates us from animals is simply our anatomy. We're upright walking, which means that two of our limbs are always free to do some job, and we have opposable thumbs, which allows us to create and use tools. I think the last two components of being human are imagination, and awareness. Awareness meaning the ability to contemplate ones' self and surroundings. Being able to ask questions like "Who am I?" and "Why am I?". Those questions spark the imagination, and so we write stories, we create art and music, we build culture.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Well, we should note that not ALL human beings play a direct part in destroying nature. There are lots of people all around the world living with nature as opposed to off of it. Also, the destruction of nature has allowed our species to advance as far as we have. In a certain light, it has been necessary, and it may continue to be necessary for some time, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Humans ask ,why?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by Logarock

Yep, its called survival of fittest and can't be related to selfish acts of human who has all the necessaries available like food, water, shelter and security.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter

Yep, its called survival of fittest and can't be related to selfish acts of human who has all the necessaries available like food, water, shelter and security.

So man is held to a higher standard than say the big alligator that eats all the smaller gators so they dont eat all his food. So man is really not an animal.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Simple facts; humans tend to think and feel. When you say man is not animal, what do you mean by 'Animal'?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join