It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What separates us from the animals?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I imagine our Soul matrix does indeed decide whither to become male or female before incarnation into this dimension. But there is no sex to our Soul in the same way that the God head wont look like Morgan Freeman. Gender is a product of the 3rd dimension, essentially it serves the purpose of reproduction.
edit on 12-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
A soul and spirit are two different concepts. Think of a soul as the glue in which the the spiritual world and the material world come together. A soul animates a body. All living things have souls. A spirit on the other hand, resembles a mind. More specifically , intellect and will. Intellect not meaning intelligence but ability to reason, and will, the ability to act on that reason. Animals do not have the ability to REASON let alone ACT on reason.

Theo

Poor theology in all of the above - the soul IS the manifestation of intellect and will.

By virtue of his soul: his spiritual powers of intellect and will, man is endowed with freedom, an "outstanding manifestation of the divine image."

edit on 12-3-2013 by POXUSA because: txt

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Animals also do all those things they just do not have the moral or social definitions that state those as bad things for the actor and the victim... I would go as far as to declare that most of those things that are not acceptable or right under our society but prevail have an evolutionary and even benefit to the species even if we define most as atavisms to our basic animal instinct, society in part is to blame in most cases as it exponentiates not only the circumstances (societies create large groups of people in very close quarters) but due to mental repression, dissatisfaction and forcing compliance to unnatural processes and rituals creates exacerbates aberrant behaviors in the human animal (this also occurs with other animals in captivity),

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

All mammals have the capacity for emotion and empathy, fish and Octopodidae (octopus or squids) also seem to posses the capacity even if much diminished. I think the more an animal lifespan and social capacity increases the more this faculty becomes important...

The right answer to your question is nothing separates us from the other animals as soon as we think about other animals with the same respect you grant members of our own species. The fact is what makes the distinction even an issue is that we think and aspire to be superior, step back from the human view of reality and put yourself in the place of any other animal and you will see how life is simple and basic without the layers of complexity we constructed over it.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
After browsing all the posts here, i can definitely say there's only 1 thing i have observed that truly separates humans from animals.

Animals don't cook what they wanted to eat.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My profound answer: We have the ability to realize our spirituality.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Insanity.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We must become more animallike. And animals must become less human.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

"We must become more animallike. And animals must become less human."

Then who would eat who??? LoL

You never know, there are feeding Mice Human DNA that apparently increases there intelligence.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What separates us from animals?

Two-ply toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I imagine our Soul matrix does indeed decide whither to become male or female before incarnation into this dimension. But there is no sex to our Soul in the same way that the God head wont look like Morgan Freeman. Gender is a product of the 3rd dimension, essentially it serves the purpose of reproduction.

You are absolutely right. Our soul has no gender, but can be either as a 3D construct for reproduction, or karma dissolution; a back and forth, male this one female the next and never to reward generally because of some misbalance of the understanding of what it means to be either one. God head looking like George Burns would take care of any aspect of Sex, but would answer a part of the humor quotient.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
with rare exception, they don't kill for fun or pleasure or some dumb idea

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What separates humans from animals is our creative ability. Almost everything we used today was at one point just a creative thought process in someones mind, so we use this creativity to create things therefor we are creators.

Many animals show signs of emotions and empathy. I read somewhere that there were experiments with rats when one rat was out of its cage the rat would go and help the other rats to escape out of the cage. Then they took the experiment further by placing fake rats and food in other locked cages and the rat still would help the real rats escape first, leave the cages containing the fake rats untouched and then the rats would go and open the cage with food and share the food. For me this is an amazing display that animals also have empathy for one another.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Humans will probably be the last species to go extinct. At the rate extinctions are going, we may not have to wait too long.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well they can crap, piss and have sex out in public....but we cant.

And wow....think what would happen if I jumped the fence and took down a cow and ate it raw.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
with rare exception, they don't kill for fun or pleasure or some dumb idea

Male lions do kill wild dogs out of hate and leave them rotting as a warning to the others. The will also kill the young of a rival male. Males of all sorts of wildlife will kill other males over breeding rights.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by watchitburn

Animals use biological instincts and humans use selfish reasons. Plain and simple.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter
Reply to post by watchitburn

Animals use biological instincts and humans use selfish reasons. Plain and simple.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I dont know.....the same could be said for the both. have you ever seen that bird that waits untill another type of bird makes its nest and then moves in?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

What separates us from the animals?

Hubris.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Exactly, people are trying to make it seem like one is better than the other. The only thing "better" is the human intellect. Humans will not be able to adapt well living under-water or even in the wild. They need to use intellect to make safe surroundings.

Also, there will be more similarities than differences as all humans and animals are just biological creatures, meaning that they all having primal desires such as feeling "better" rather than "worse" (pain, suffering).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join