It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat comes from vegetation, so is meat a form of vegetation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Cows, hogs, chickens, rabbits, etc., eat plants and grasses and turn that vegetation into that dreaded word, meat.

Animals eat tons of vegetation and convert and store the byproduct of the vegetation into highly concentrated food known as protein. Meat is nature's protein bars but tastes a whole lot better.

Meat is a form of vegetation that is packed with protein, and remains fresh in its container until needed. In many parts of the world where climate is cold and growing seasons short meat keeps people alive and living in those cold places, otherwise they would all head south and increase the surplus population and cause real estate prices to skyrocket.

Vegetarianism is mostly a political stance more than a practical and natural way of living. Humans were created to eat meat and vegetables, a somewhat unique spot in the ecological food chain.

At the molecular/quantum level there is no real difference between meat, vegetation, wood, metals, and gases. Well, vegetarians tend to produce more of the latter...a natural byproduct of too much vegetation.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

It doesn't matter. Most of our food has been contaminated by GMO's even the so called 'organic foods'. It's basically now just a 'pick your poison" type of deal. If you're gonna go out, at least go out full and satisfied.

BTW There is a way to be vegan and get foods that have more protein than meat. Chia seeds . Hemp seeds. Put those babies in a blender and you are good to go. So, you can survive off veganism, I just don't see the point unless you are doing it in protest to the way we treat animals.

Everything in moderation.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
no..............just............no..............

Thats like saying im a chicken because I eat chicken.......just because you eat something and take in its nutrients doesnt make you that thing......

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Everything is a mushroom IMO. Its all bacteria.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by sleeper

Everything is a mushroom IMO. Its all bacteria.

Wrong word there, mushrooms are fungus.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Cows, hogs, chickens, rabbits, etc., eat plants and grasses and turn that vegetation into that dreaded word, meat.

Animals eat tons of vegetation and convert and store the byproduct of the vegetation into highly concentrated food known as protein. Meat is nature's protein bars but tastes a whole lot better.

Meat is a form of vegetation that is packed with protein, and remains fresh in its container until needed. In many parts of the world where climate is cold and growing seasons short meat keeps people alive and living in those cold places, otherwise they would all head south and increase the surplus population and cause real estate prices to skyrocket.

Vegetarianism is mostly a political stance more than a practical and natural way of living. Humans were created to eat meat and vegetables, a somewhat unique spot in the ecological food chain.

At the molecular/quantum level there is no real difference between meat, vegetation, wood, metals, and gases. Well, vegetarians tend to produce more of the latter...a natural byproduct of too much vegetation.

Amen brother!
Vegetarianism is just a stupid hipster thing

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

An animal is a system. Vegetation is an input to the system. Inputs to systems are not systems themselves.
edit on 9/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia
reply to post by sleeper

An animal is a system. Vegetation is an input to the system. Inputs to systems are not systems themselves.
edit on 9/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Similarly, venus fly-traps are not frogs.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia

Similarly, venus fly-traps are not frogs.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Uhhhh.... what? Political? Unnatural? No. Yes, Humans are capable of an omnivorous and vegetarian diet. I will agree the easiest path to a healthy life involves both meat and vegetables, but it's not necessary for human survival. We evolved omnivorous habits in our early lives as the low man on the pole. It gave us the potential to consume pretty much any and all sources of nutrients. Many groups around the world live of a diet of mostly if not all vegetation as meat is not as easy to come by, as well there are groups in the world that do the exact opposite.

There are religious groups in the world that choose not to eat meat as part of their faith, but I do not understand how being vegetarian is political. You can raise both animals and grow crops that take varying amounts of money and work. It takes by far much more land to grow wheat as a food source than it does to raise 100 chickens. So even the argument of cost is a little skewed. They both have their ups and downs, and flaws, and an early frost doesn't destroy your chicken for the year. I do not see this political point you've made. I figured it was some sort of conspiracy you thought up to save money or space. Have you seen commercial wheat fields? Some of them you can not see end to end. They take up an ENORMOUS amount of land.

As far as gas goes, not all vegetarians are gassy, and some meat eaters are extremely gassy. Every human is different.

Okay, I sort of get what you are trying to say but at a molecular level meat and vegetation are entirely different. Even at an atomic level. They are made up of completely different things, arranged in completely different ways. IF they weren't you should be able to feed a lion lettuce, and your cow pork chops. Just doesn't work that way. They would both end up dieing.

(muscle tissue, meat, at a cellular level.)

(plant tissue at a cellular level[leaf])

We can find amino acids(proteins) in plants as well as in meat, but these are just building blocks for protein. Our body breaks meat down to these basic acids before using them to produce the tissues in our body. Our bodies also break down the plant tissues to access their nutrients, how ever each requires different processes and enzymes.Vegetables have by far more sources of good fats, vitamins and minerals in plant material than there are in meat. Most meat contains protein, some good fat, some bad fat, and some minerals but that's about it, and it is not necessary for your diet if you know which plants to eat. How ever as I said it's often easier for people to eat a proper diet containing both.

I'm not trying to bash meat, I do eat it. How ever, I do not see what you are trying to say here. Meat is not a form of vegetation it's a component (product) in respiratory life forms.

Oh and were only as unique as the rest of the omnivores out there. Pigs come to mind, some fish other marine life. All those other monkeys and apes.

Interesting thread

edit on 9-3-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The answer to your question is NO.

Meat is meat (which is why it is called meat, and not vegetation).
Vegetation is vegetation (which is why it is called vegetation, and not meat).

Next question.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Human beings are not the only things in his diet.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Meat comes from plants and plants come from the sun...

We're all aliens.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Theres hundreds of species of primates... eat any of them?

Does vegetation have neurons & CNS?

Sorry for answering Q with Qs

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I hope you're trolling and this isn't a serious question.
People eat plants and animals, so should we consume people too? On a molecular level it's the same thing right?

Ethical issues surrounding the practice of consuming living things isn't important after all. How can you judge other people's beliefs and mock them as you do. Very sad.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Cocasinpry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Personally I think you might have better luck and more of a point arguing that plants are just as alive as animals so that perhaps the moral argument for vegetarianism is mute. The thing is that moral beliefs are so subjective that it's usually better to live and let live, for instance to a look at the horse meat hoopla

To me the real problem for humans is the omnivore dilemma in that we have no real basis to preserve and protect any one food source and tend to suck them dry and move on.
edit on 3/10/2013 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
no..............just............no..............

Thats like saying im a chicken because I eat chicken.......just because you eat something and take in its nutrients doesnt make you that thing......

Au contraire, "you are what you eat".

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

My thought exactly. Plants seem to have emotions. They respond to the way they are treated, song/music they "hear" . This makes me wonder if they have soul too. Just because they don't run, moral-based vegetarians can't say plants' lives do not deserve to be spared too. The only last option is to eat dirt? But then again, as Pocahontas says in her song, every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name..

I heard a woman (a guru) in India claimed she only needed sunlight to stay alive for the past 70 years. No food. (Warning: Don't try this at home. A Swiss woman did. She died ...starved but probably nicely tanned).

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Not true - it comes from a place deep inside.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join