It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opera House Investigation. EVP's and possible Shadow Person photo.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Very true on us not being able to say that what we caught are "ghost" or "spirits". But we can say what evidence we captured during this investigation does confirm the claims of what the owner and others have experienced in this building.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Ask any question you wish. We have nothing to hide.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Piano, I don't think you missed any questions. You answered all of the questions that were asked & posted.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I am the only team member that seen a shadow person that night and I only saw 1 in a totally diferent area and is was before we even started our investigation. The room has no outside light source so being a possible "contamination" was rulled out. It was not another team member since the 3 of us was standing together in another room on the 2nd floor and across from the area that I saw the shadow person. The shadow person was on the 1st floor.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Here are the answere to your questionf as I experienced them.
1. Did it get cold or anything of the sort at all when y'all were filming or when y'all took the pictures?
I did experience cold spots thougthout the entire investigation and so did the other 2 team mambers.

2. Did y'all get goosebumps anytime during this or do you remember getting them at any point?
I did experience cold chills throughtout the entier investiagtion. If you listen to the raw EVP data you will
notice evey thime that I said I was experienceing chills or sold spots there was an EVP to follow or talking
at the same time I was.

3. Lastly, were y'all just taking random pictures at random locations or was there a reason for taking the picture where the shadow was found?
The pictures were taken at random times and areas of this building. The "shadow people" that we
accidently caught with the digitial camera was in a different area from the one "shadow person" that I saw
prior to the start of the investigation.

I hope that I answered all of your question completely. If you have any more squestions please feel free to ask. I enjoy sharing the experiences that we have during our investigations. This is only of the many ways that we are able to educate others of our finding.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Originally posted by pianopraze

Thank you.

I thought I answered all the previous questions, which did I miss?

Sorry, I was digesting the answers.

These Shadow People did they seem 3 dimensional, or 2 dimensional? In other words were they wall shadows, or were shadow forms? (by wall shadows, I'm not implying that it wasn't paranormal. I'm just trying to get a picture of how it appeared to the viewer. It's hard to tell from the picture which is 2D )

You stated that some people in your group saw these Shadow People moving, did they state what the Shadow People were doing, or were they moving into any rooms?

I'll have a few more questions about the Shadow People that were seen. In case anyones wondering, yes I have a special interrest in Shadow People.

ATS: Shadow people; What do they do?

I never saw any shadow person on the investigation, all I can say is we have one photo that has an anomaly where the shadow blocks the doorway. That would suggest 3d. If some one can come up with a better suggestion I am open.

When we were sitting in a different room sitting doing an EVP session Curt said he kept seeing shadows moving to his right. I put the FLIR on the area and never saw anything. He indicated they were in the upper right hand corner of the room.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
Wow pretty intense.

A few random questions:

1. Did it get cold or anything of the sort at all when y'all were filming or when y'all took the pictures?
2. Did y'all get goosebumps anytime during this or do you remember getting them at any point?
3. Lastly, were y'all just taking random pictures at random locations or was there a reason for taking the picture where the shadow was found?

Very interesting post.

I do not get any cold/goosebumps.

We all felt the area to be different from any we were in before in that it was very... dense. Hard to enter. Very hard to explain the experience but there was a palpable sensation in this place.

Jan was taking pictures because she felt intimidated to go into that area.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jannell03

I had forgotten you said you saw a shadow person. That was right at the beginning of the investigation before we had the equipment up and running and was on the first floor. I stand corrected.

I do not remember cold spots, but we did have some wandering EMF.

We were standing in one kitchen like room, Jan was holding several EMF meters and they started all going off. WE each took a meter and swept the room and could not find a reason for them. The fields kept coming and going in the center of the room. Still no theories as to how that happened. Radio station close? There was nothing in the room that could cast such fields.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I watched the video and listened several times. I am the WORST at hearing EVPs, but I do think you guys were accurate in your interpretations. Thank you for putting it together in a way that allows us to listen to everything first, before we see what you all heard. Many of them, I couldn't hear what they were saying but they were clearly voices. Once I saw your suggestions, they were quickly clear. For those with better EVP-ears than me, I'm very curious to hear what you think after watching the first part of the video - before we see what the team came up with.

Now, for that shadow person picture. I have no doubt that the shadow in the foreground is 3D because of how it blocks the doorway. The one that is in the hallway is harder to tell, but assuming there are no objects in the hallway (a lamp, for example) than that looks like a pretty intriguing, possibly 3D, shadow too.

As for trying to possibly debunk it... The angle of the picture looks like the camera was being held down low and shooting upwards. While I think the picture may very likely be the real deal, I wonder if it is an illusion. Maybe the corner of a camera bag? Maybe if the photographer was sitting on the floor, it could be a foot? Maybe even a fold of material from a jacket? So it could be something that is right in front of the lens - if shots were being taken quickly from a bunch of different angles, maybe the photographer didn't realize that something got in the frame. It also looks like it could possibly be a finger with a longer fingernail. Did the photographer have long fingernails?

This explanation doesn't account for the shadow in hallway... but I just wanted to throw this idea out there for discussion as a possible explanation.

OK - this is a crummy picture... I don't have very long fingernails, but i wanted to show that from the right angle the back/side of a finger and fingernail could make the same shape produced in the picture.

Of course, even if you think this looks dead on, just because something can be re-created doesn't mean it's debunked. It's just some food for thought...

edit on 11-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jannell03
I am the only team member that seen a shadow person that night and I only saw 1 in a totally diferent area and is was before we even started our investigation. The room has no outside light source so being a possible "contamination" was rulled out. It was not another team member since the 3 of us was standing together in another room on the 2nd floor and across from the area that I saw the shadow person. The shadow person was on the 1st floor.

Oh great. This Shadow that you spotted, was it doing anything that you can remember?

Originally posted by pianopraze
I never saw any shadow person on the investigation, all I can say is we have one photo that has an anomaly where the shadow blocks the doorway. That would suggest 3d. If some one can come up with a better suggestion I am open.

When we were sitting in a different room sitting doing an EVP session Curt said he kept seeing shadows moving to his right. I put the FLIR on the area and never saw anything. He indicated they were in the upper right hand corner of the room.
Was there anything special about the room? (or rather I should say what was the room it was going into?)

Thank you both for answering these questions, as well as posting this information.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

The camera lens was clear. There was nothing blocking the shot. This shadow person was caught on a random shot. I don't always use the same angle all of the time so yes this shot was angled upward. I shoot different areas which hopefully will increase the capture of anyting abnormal. No one seen this shadow person during ther investigation. I also don't have long fingernails either. I havn't had long fingernails since highschool which was a few decades ago. In my job as a nurse I always keep my nails short due to the possibility of accidently scratching someone with long nails.

Thanks for the questions and follow up responses.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The shadow person was moving across the room and down the side wall of the room. There is nothing specialz about the room. I was just at the right place at the right time to see this happen. We were not even set up yet for the investigation so there is no evidence to support what I was. It is listed just as a my own personal experience.

The shadow people that was captured on digitial camera was not seen at the time of the investigation but caught on the photo analysis of our investigation.

Thank you for your question. I hope that i answered it completely.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jannell03

Thank you for this additional information.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
I watched the video and listened several times. I am the WORST at hearing EVPs, but I do think you guys were accurate in your interpretations. Thank you for putting it together in a way that allows us to listen to everything first, before we see what you all heard. Many of them, I couldn't hear what they were saying but they were clearly voices. Once I saw your suggestions, they were quickly clear. For those with better EVP-ears than me, I'm very curious to hear what you think after watching the first part of the video - before we see what the team came up with.

Now, for that shadow person picture. I have no doubt that the shadow in the foreground is 3D because of how it blocks the doorway. The one that is in the hallway is harder to tell, but assuming there are no objects in the hallway (a lamp, for example) than that looks like a pretty intriguing, possibly 3D, shadow too.

As for trying to possibly debunk it... The angle of the picture looks like the camera was being held down low and shooting upwards. While I think the picture may very likely be the real deal, I wonder if it is an illusion. Maybe the corner of a camera bag? Maybe if the photographer was sitting on the floor, it could be a foot? Maybe even a fold of material from a jacket? So it could be something that is right in front of the lens - if shots were being taken quickly from a bunch of different angles, maybe the photographer didn't realize that something got in the frame. It also looks like it could possibly be a finger with a longer fingernail. Did the photographer have long fingernails?

This explanation doesn't account for the shadow in hallway... but I just wanted to throw this idea out there for discussion as a possible explanation.

Of course, even if you think this looks dead on, just because something can be re-created doesn't mean it's debunked. It's just some food for thought...

edit on 11-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

Your welcome, I put the EVP's up without any suggestions first because i have had people saying we should and we should not put them in... so i split the difference and did it both ways

Could it be a lamp or something behind the doorway? Possibly, wish we still had access so we could go check. This was a one shot deal, and they don't want any more investigators back. They just wanted their experiences verified... and we seem to have done that very well.

Thumb or thumb and camera strap making image? Guess that's a possibility.

Jan can you take some pictures of your thumb in a dark room, try to recreate this that way?

edit on 11-3-2013 by pianopraze because: deleted photo to shorten quote

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead

Jan tried to recreate it with her finger. I must admit it's a possibility.

I'll leave it up to each individual to decide what the photo is. Is it possible there was something in front of the camera? Yes. But looks to me more like there was something at a distance in front of the camera. I'm going to leave this one as unexplained in my book.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I spoke with the owner of this property yesterday. He does not want any further investigations into this building enev if it is to verify or debunk any evidence that we captuer throughout our investigation. Maybe when he come back from vacation in a month he will have a better outlook on things. One can only hope.

I did take recreation pics at home but was not able to replicate the shadow person image.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I recreated this pic the best I could with my finger & a camera strap both placed infrom of the camera and taken at almost the right angle that is in the original photo. I could not replicate the original photo.

So I am going to agree with Piano, and let you decide if it is a shadow person or not. I cannot explain it or replicate it either.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jannell03

I spoke with the owner of this property yesterday. He does not want any further investigations into this building enev if it is to verify or debunk any evidence that we captuer throughout our investigation. Maybe when he come back from vacation in a month he will have a better outlook on things. One can only hope.

I did take recreation pics at home but was not able to replicate the shadow person image.

We didn't realize it was the owner who had the run in with the shadow that attacked him.

It's easy to be skeptical when you've never had an experience. The more time I put into researching and investigating the more I see we don't really understand what is going on in the world. There are more things than fit in our philosophies... and I say that to ghost believers too, because I'm not sure any of the current answers are the right ones.

For instance, Sony1, which has an hour of nothing before we go up to the hall. While we are sitting on the other side of the room (all three of us) Sony1 picks up almost constant very low grade EVPs. I would think it matrixing on most except this was not there for the hour before when we were not there asking questions.

There is no way that there was any body near that recorder. You can see it on the FLIR feed as a tiny white spot below the IR camera and to the right. You can see we are sitting and no one is near it. Yet it has constant very low grade EVPs.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Jan - Thank you so much for taking a picture of your finger and camera strap and trying to re-create the shadow figure. Since you don't have long fingernails, it seems unlikely that image is your finger or thumb - unless it is maybe a combo of finger and camera strap.

And, as I said before... just because a picture CAN be re-created doesn't mean the picture is debunked. It just adds a possibility. And, also as I said before, there is still that second shadow in the hallway that clearly cannot be something in front of the lens. It could be something else - like a lamp - but it isn't a finger. I'm not sure what the picture is. I'm not confident that it is a shadow person, but I'm not confident that it isn't paranormal either. So, yeah, simply "unknown" is pretty much where I'm at with it.

It is terrifying that the owner was attacked by a shadow person. It does makes these photos all the more chilling.

But, the picture aside, the EVPs you all obtained from this investigation are astonishing. Especially the fact that you were given NEW information (a name) that was later verified (on ancestry.com). What are these voices? Ghosts? Demons? Another dimension? Some sort of psychic energy? I don't know. They were giving intelligent responses, though, so whatever they are... they can clearly hear and maybe see us!

I totally agree that it is easy to sit back and try to pick apart the evidence as an outsider. But if I had a paranormal experience like the owner of the opera house, it would be a totally different story.

Excellent work... terrifying, intriguing, and excellent. Thanks again for all your work, guys.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Yestersday when I got off from work i met with the owner to review all of the evidence that we collected form the 4 properties that he owns. We met, yes you guessed it at the Opera House. We (the owner, his property manager & I) took a stroll throught the building to discuss our findings. The door that had the 2nd dark figure behind it had nothing behind it at all. Since I met with them on a prompt to meeting I had did not have "the" camera with me that I took the picture with. There has been no one in the area since the investigation because the owner doesn't allow that area to be occupied by anyone. What was or wasn't behind the door at the time the pic was taken, I don't know. What the other image that was in front of the door that started this topic, I agree it's something that I cannot explain.
All I do know is what was and wasn't there when I took the shot, what I have seen after taking the shot and that for now it is unexplainable and remains a mystery that can be brought up on other discussions.

Please continue to follow this paranormal investigational team as we continue to expolre the unexplainable and the unknown. Who knows, someone in another dimension might be setting at thier writing table saying the same thing about us as they may be trying to do what we are doing. Seek out answers to questions of unexplainable events and exploing the unknown. Because we can't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't exsits or does it?

We are now processing our next case. Piano will have it posted as soon as he is completed his work.
We have a new investigation lined up for March 19th. Stay tune for that one to.

Really I (we) do appreciate your input & feedback. Keep it coming for it keeps us on our toes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join