It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What of Peter "The Stone"? (Prophetic words of Jesus?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If that were true, then you just washed away your own chance at an afterlife. I'd be careful about taking sides with Satan over Jesus on that issue.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If what I say is true then I have not washed away an afterlife because if what I say is true then that means you have been deceived, not me.

Seems to me like you're the one who is unknowingly taking Satan's side. He's known as the deceiver and you have been deceived by him. Satan isn't some red guy who carries a pitch fork around, he is man and the bible is a man made book.

I have no fears of the afterlife because I know we all already have eternal life, no need for a place of torture within my beliefs.

edit on 10-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'll take Jesus' side along with all of his disciples. I guess you think you know more than all of them put together.

What exactly is your belief in Jesus?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You do realize that only one of the gospels was written by an apostle of Jesus right?

I believe Jesus was a great guy with a lot of knowledge in a particular area. Some people are good with math, others science, but Jesus was good with words and explaining life as it is. He was not a miracle worker or zombie, he was a regular guy with a gospel to preach.

Guess where I have gotten my theology? From Jesus' teachings, so I have no less faith in him than you, except your faith is misguided in my opinion. You focus on his death more than his life and teachings, I'm the polar opposite, I focus more on his teachings and parables than his death on the cross.

Since Christianity focuses more on his death than his life, I consider it a death cult. It leads people away from life and into death, a spiritual death.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It's only through death that we even get the chance to experience real life (afterlife with God). Meaning the way life was always intended to be before it was corrupted. If you want to stay grounded in corrupted human life, have at it! If you think you're ever going to change corrupted human life as we know it, I think you're going to be disappointed. That's what leads to permanent death, both physical and spiritual.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you choose to hold onto Satan's teachings, have at it! But know that what you think is going to happen after death isn't true.

On a world like Earth where everyone is constantly lied to, what makes you think they would let the real truth out there like they have with the bible? If it really were the truth and the thing that saves everyone, wouldn't those in power have silenced it long ago? Why let "truth" spread like it has with the bible when they lie about everything else?

We're already in hell and the way the world is today proves that in my opinion. Why? Because we don't worship the true God, the one that's within all of us.

This is getting a bit off-topic though, so I think I'll end this discussion here.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Akragon

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the significance is between three disciples being with Jesus in the garden, Peter falling asleep three times and Peter denying God three times?

How does the number three in this scenario correlate with Jesus being dead for three days, Jonah being in the belly of the whale for three days, a third temple possibly being raised, etc.?

Any thoughts?

ETA: Upon more research, these verses in Luke 22 stuck out for me. Luke 22:31-32. While researching these verses it led me to John 21 where once again we see significance in the number three. It says that the THIRD time that Jesus visited his disciples after his resurrection, he asked Simon Peter THREE times, "lovest thou me"?

The correlation between Jonas (Jonah) and his son, Simon Peter...

www.goodnewsinc.net...

edit on 10-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately numbers don't really work well with me... I don't focus on numbers or numerology... or correlations between the numbers given and his teaching.

Good question... but i'm not the right person to give you that answer

edit on 10-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Peter was definitely not appointed the "head" of a "church".Yahshua was not crowning Peter the Pope .He asked the disciples who do the people say I am(the religious)..all with wrong answers then asked THEM who do YOU think I am.Peter answered.He said Peters answer was the Key to the Kingdom...You are The CHRIST..the anointed..the Son of God....flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but MY FATHER......there is no "head of a church or any church with religion in the first place it is ALL doctrines of men God caused to blind them and be in Babylon (confusion..the worship/religion of words)

Revelation (unveiling) from God is the keys to the kingdom of God (that is IN your midst/spirit) The gates of HADES not hell..hades is the grave ... the realm of inperception..he is talking metaphorically of gates .
The fact is God knew man would twist those scriptures.Peter didn't try to start a Catholic Church it took centuries for that ideology of man to form.It is steeped in paganism from the altar to the bell tower.
The disciples/apostles were men .... very ordinary men..very flawed men.That was why they were chose not because they were perfect and wise.To venerate any of them is foolishness.Peter knew nothing until he heard from the Father and a couple verses later proved it by shooting off his unwise mouth.

The Rock is Christ ... the anointing..the power of God...the unveiling from the Father to HEAR what he says then do it.The gates of hades/death will not prevail against that..not some religious church organization and man...vanity of vanity.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

On a world like Earth where everyone is constantly lied to, what makes you think they would let the real truth out there like they have with the bible? If it really were the truth and the thing that saves everyone, wouldn't those in power have silenced it long ago? Why let "truth" spread like it has with the bible when they lie about everything else?

What makes you think that "they" have more power and control than God?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Look at the world today and tell me who you think has control over it. Do you really believe that a god of love could rule a world filled with so much hate and destruction? I don't think so.

If Satan has control over politics and everything in-between, what makes you think he wouldn't have control of religion as well? Especially the most popular one of all? You're dreaming if you think your religion is the only religion on this planet that has not and cannot be touched by Satan (man).

Satan has control of this planet and religion is how he took control in the first place, Christianity included. Peter founded the church along with Paul, Jesus called Peter Satan at one point, and Peter lied to and denied Jesus after his crucifixion.

It's as clear as day, yet you still deny it. Why?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Vatican City, the papal see, the Catholic Church derive from Peter The Stone. The story the OP tells are the bases on why the pope claims the right to universal religion and faith.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Look at the world today and tell me who you think has control over it. Do you really believe that a god of love could rule a world filled with so much hate and destruction? I don't think so.

What I see today is everything that the Bible said would happen. It's all a part of God's plan in which he still has control and authority over, even if you don't like how he does it.

If Satan has control over politics and everything in-between, what makes you think he wouldn't have control of religion as well? Especially the most popular one of all? You're dreaming if you think your religion is the only religion on this planet that has not and cannot be touched by Satan (man).

Satan has corrupted man, politics and religion, but you don't see all of them totally done away with yet do you? Why? Because they all still serve a purpose. That purpose is still playing out. You think that because Satan has corrupted religion that people don't still come to God through it? Satan's corruption attempts aren't going to take all of it's power away. Especially the scriptures.

Satan has control of this planet and religion is how he took control in the first place, Christianity included. Peter founded the church along with Paul, Jesus called Peter Satan at one point, and Peter lied to and denied Jesus after his crucifixion.

Jesus already told Peter that Satan was going to work on him when he told him...

Luke 22:31

31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

Had Satan gained control over Peter's entire life, Jesus wouldn't have come to him after his resurrection to instruct him to "feed my lambs" and "feed my sheep".

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So the world is the way it is because of your god? I agree! Your god is one of destruction and deception, he's the god of this world and his name is Satan.

I don't see any reason for a god of love to implement so much pain and destruction into his plan, unless of course he's not a god of love but a god of fear masquerading as love.

If Satan was Peter, he would have made up the resurrection along with his reinstatement. Jesus never rose from the dead, meaning Peter was never reinstated in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You act like Peter was the only disciple that preached the resurrection story. You think Satan possessed them all? Come on! These were Jesus' disciples, not Satan's, even though you want them to be.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I do believe Jesus resurrected, just not in the same way you do. I believe he resurrected through reincarnation, only Peter and Paul changed that to him resurrecting here on Earth. Maybe his other disciples mentioning his resurrection was really them mentioning his reincarnation? I think that's a possibility myself.

Anything after the crucifixion involving Jesus is false in my opinion. I don't think Jesus waiting until after the resurrection to reinstate Peter is a coincidence either.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

What AN idiot is the proper usage, even an "idiot" like myself knows that.

Thanks for your non-contribution though.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Maybe if you understood what Jesus taught about his own resurrection, you'd understand what all of the disciples taught too.

Matthew 17:22-23

22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:

23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

Mark 8:31

31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Luke 9:22

22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why exactly were the apostles "exceeding sorry" in the Mark verses when they knew Jesus would not really die at all? It's not like his death would be the last time they would ever see him, they all knew that when he said he would rise from the dead, right?

The only reason why they would be sorry was if they actually wouldn't see him again, meaning he meant reincarnation when he was talking about his resurrection. He was going to resurrect onto another planet via reincarnation, and the apostles were sorry because they would not see him again after he died.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

What part did you miss about the "suffer many things"? They didn't want to see him suffer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join