It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first GM babies born

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I thought this was old news? I remember hearing about this a few months ago.

Eventually, knowing someone that hasn't had their genes messed with will be a rarity. They'll probably be called "naturals" or something, and only seen in under-developed countries.

It's going to happen --like it or not -- and unfortunatley the rich will be the ones to first take advantage of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I do know one thing.

A lot of people here are proving that they still have good hearts. I like that.

I am a Christian. It comes with bad connotations these days, but what else can I call myself?

Point being, it is proven every day to me that there are a lot of non-Christians that have the wisdom and the love within them, and soon they will see. It's awesome to see.

And then it's awesome to see those that don't have that heart... that don't have that good spirit in them.

This stuff is ugly, but was always going to come to pass. And it has to, the transgression must be fulfilled.

And we are recognizing our own opposed to those that are not our own more easily. The grey is finally splitting into the black and the White.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Please..

Allow me to interject my intellect for a sec...(©YoungFLaMEz 2013)

I can only speak on my behalf on this one

(Left shoe)
I am against man creating genetically modified babies, mostly because it comes off as immoral & unethical, & definitely. unnatural($)

ALLThings, not some things... ALLThings.. through and Of God is Love..and Love conquers All. (Key)
GM babies are labeled experiments to these scientist and used for "medical purposes". these "experiments " are our human brothers and sisters...modified or not.. Who are we to judge thy neigboor??? To look down our nose at someones misfortunes or misguidance ..doesn't mean that they're a bad person.. It just means u have an opportunity to rid negative energy... embrace it (face your demon, acknowledge the issue and ask for a solution...)
If we showed love and respect for one another we'd truly see that we are LIMITLESS Beings. Our World on a Global Consciousness level desperately needs to learn to love and respect . It's a very challenging yet huge rewarding lesson to learn.

(Right Shoe)
Anything of Man will Fall
For he is of Hatred and Jelousy...
Not to contradict myself but as far as The GM Babies.. I also believe that no matter what... We all have our respective crosses to bear... No one chooses who,what,when, & where you were born or what living
environment you will grow up in...u have to take the cards you've been dealt and play them as best u can
In my studies ive concluded: The story is the same.. It never changes & it'll never be changed (Key)
RESPECT the CYCLES in life and once again u will find a peace that passes all
Understanding (key) ... To Understand is to be taught...
To gain Wisdom is to Experience ..

We Rise... (We rule with power we build and grow)
We Maintain and Multiply ... (We hustle to get out the struggle and sustain a productive life)
We Fall ...(Old KINgdom ends after war or period of peace and experiences new birth as ThE New KINGdom Emerges... We rule wit Wisdom & Knowledge through our Experiences.)
Ill "testify or cipher wit my fellow gods sometimes... Just sit down and politic wit a total stranger... Try this.. tell someone U dont know... that you love them... I do it all the time... And dont say it just to say it and get weird response... say it because deep down inside... thats how u should feel... spread love... not BS.

Hallelujah

Again these are my thoughts...

-TYG

Don't mean to offend BUT if it happens... It happens

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungElohim704

Um, all things of Man are unnatural.
A haircut is unnatural.
Pants are unnatural.
Airplanes, coffee shops, worldwide communications networks, digital watches, and cupcakes are unnatural.

If it doesn't occur in nature naturally, it is then unnatural.

Even God is unnatural because God is an invention of man, made up by man to serve man's needs as explanation for things he didn't understand at one time among many other roles later adopted throughout history.

It's not nature that abhors a vacuum, but mankind. Where there is an unknown, man conspires or designs to put a name or face to it.

These breakthroughs and advancements help people.
These breakthroughs and advancements make people happy.

Who are you, or anyone to claim any authority or presumption over someone else's well being and happiness?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

A haircut is unnatural.
Pants are unnatural.
Airplanes, coffee shops, worldwide communications networks, digital watches, and cupcakes are unnatural.

Even God is unnatural because God is an invention of man, made up by man to serve man's needs as explanation for things he didn't understand at one time among many other roles later adopted throughout history.

It's not nature that abhors a vacuum, but mankind. Where there is an unknown, man conspires or designs to put a name or face to it.

These breakthroughs and advancements help people.
These breakthroughs and advancements make people happy.

Who are you, or anyone to claim any authority or presumption over someone else's well being and happiness?

Wow. I feel sorry for you. Do you talk about your mum like that? I bet she doesn't like it one bit.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I just had to comment, that yes your correct, almost nothing is natural. It only struck a cord with me because someone that I was in conversation with about the term natural, was claiming that man mad electricty was natural as we got the idea from lightning.

Such a crock.

nat·u·raladjective /ˈnaCHərəl/ 

1.Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind
- carrots contain a natural antiseptic that fights bacteria
- natural disasters such as earthquakes

natural

This was cherry picked from google, but as you can see, you can extrapolate that not even humans are natural to earth.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think some people are missing my point regarding "unnatural".

The statement made previous:

A haircut is unnatural.
Pants are unnatural.

This statement is in opposition to all those positions running around with their hands up in the air making noises about Genetic Modification of humans being "unnatural".

Of course it's unnatural. So what? Unless you're running around completely naked, living totally in the wild with zero cultivation or manipulation of your environment, pretty much everything about YOU (meaning everyone) is unnatural.

The "unnatural" argument is thus toothless and carries zero weight.

Further, as also stated, the genetic modification illustrated in the OP allowed for women previously incapable of conception to successfully conceive and carry to term their own children.

Who are you (anyone arguing against this Genetic Modification) to presume upon the happiness of others?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I completely understand those who feel outraged by this, but I think if you look at this new technology like any other you will find that it is not inherently evil. All technology always has and always will have the ability to help and the ability to hinder. The first man to carve a stick into a sharp point could have killed another man just as easily as he could have killed a fish or protected his family from an animal. The sharp stick is not evil, it won't make people do evil things. Conversely, it is also not good and cannot make people do good things.

The problem I have with genetic modification is not whether or not the technology itself is inherently bad or good. And as far as I am concerned we've been "playing god" (what a terrible phrase) since the first domesticated animals and crops. What troubles me is the human side. I believe this has enormous power for good. Imagine a world without an genetic disorders, no cystic fibrosis, no Alzheimer's, etc. It also has enormous power for evil, and that is why I wouldn't fully support this kind of technology until we as a human race are truly able to work toward the greater good in other aspects of our lives. Until then, the ability to misuse this technology outweighs the benefits too greatly for myself.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Lol I'm glad you found my post grueling! I was practicing some kind of literal visualization. As far as your reply goes though.. I don't mind about the advancement of technology at all. I mean, if someone has a tumor and they are told they are going to die and they want to live and the doctors says - "We can try." I don't have a problem with that. Saving someone's life is a total different story than cloning a human. I don't even have a real problem with that, I want to see it tried.

However, it could be a problem if....... a soulless being is walking this earth. That to me is scary. Let me paint a little picture of my fear.

Play this.

And study this pic until the music ends.

But then again.. Your post could've been generalized to everyone

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Super X men Soldiers is a good way to use this. Clone armies to fight our wars. Create a slave race for all of mankind. I can see great wonders in the future.

Maybe we can make hybrids that can live underwater. Then we can start building underwater cities.

Sign me up.

Wait are these GMH going to have rights?
edit on 14-3-2013 by skorpius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I didn't find anything grueling. Where does anyone get that idea?

If someone doesn't believe in some magical mystery kooky spooky imaginative fantasy like Souls, then, the whole argument about souls has zero relevance, impact, credibility, or worth.

Souls and spirits are pretend things of mythology; security blanket remnants from the childhood of mankind's formative years.

Even if we were to pretend the argument about these make-believe things called souls was an actual reality, there's plenty naturally born and raised people all through History that turned out to be complete and total monsters without any Science or Scientific advancements around to lay blame or cause upon for their monstrous behaviors.

As to who I'm addressing: Most all my posts in most every thread I'm addressing the general readership, even when replying to a specific person. When I use the term "you", "your", and other variations, it's typically meant in the majestic plural or "royal you" as opposed to personal singular.
No one single person is reading this. This isn't email.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I like the idea and I believe that one day this will be mainstream. Theoretically we could eradicate disease by making us immune to all its forms, raise IQs and as far as cloning goes why not. Imagine if we could clone Einstein. I could even see us bringing back great world leaders imagine if there were multitudes of cloned variations of George Washington or Ben Franklin once they grew up they would have a bright future as possible candidates for president. Their experiences would be different and so would their views they would be different people because of it but I would still vote for them over a George Bush or Obama any day.

I was borne with horrible eyesight where I have had multitudes of surgeries throughout my life to correct it,most at a very young age maybe one day in the future those traits can be genetically modified to where no one has to go through the same. That can apply to multitudes of things once the DNA is mapped and identifies these traits. Imagine being able to guarantee someone’s height, IQ, disposition to depression or cancer. This is definitely the future of mankind.

This is humanity’s future although the hurdles to overcome will be not only scientific but cultural attitude to it as much as anything. There have been a few movies set in the future where such things are the norm for society. This is very exciting news indeed in my humble opinion.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Mizzijr

I didn't find anything grueling. Where does anyone get that idea?

If someone doesn't believe in some magical mystery kooky spooky imaginative fantasy like Souls, then, the whole argument about souls has zero relevance, impact, credibility, or worth.

Souls and spirits are pretend things of mythology; security blanket remnants from the childhood of mankind's formative years.

Even if we were to pretend the argument about these make-believe things called souls was an actual reality, there's plenty naturally born and raised people all through History that turned out to be complete and total monsters without any Science or Scientific advancements around to lay blame or cause upon for their monstrous behaviors.

As to who I'm addressing: Most all my posts in most every thread I'm addressing the general readership, even when replying to a specific person. When I use the term "you", "your", and other variations, it's typically meant in the majestic plural or "royal you" as opposed to personal singular.
No one single person is reading this. This isn't email.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

'Explicit' would have been a better choice of words on my part. Anyways, addressing the way you address the spirit/soul is just an opinion. One would have to experience the subject firsthand before claiming anything more. You can read about anything you'd like, but it's nothing like an experience. It's like riding a HUGE roller coaster. You can see as many pics of the roller coaster, read and listen to reviews about the roller coaster, but it's nothing like actually riding the roller coaster. I respect your opinion and your experience on the matter though.

As to who you're addressing, noted.

Also, don't take my posts so serious. I'm feeling the tension of an argument brewing, not trying to go there lol. I jest lightly on the subject of souls and spirits, I'm not as scared as I exaggerate. People will believe what they want, no use in arguing over beliefs. To each their own. Yes?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Tension? Brewing?
None here with me.
All my arguments, regardless the tone of delivery are utterly devoid of any personal emotional attachment.
Unlike some folk that visit this site and post, I don't get offended over little words on a screen.
Why would anyone? It's not like any one here is going to win some shiny sparkly prize for punching points on topic or off.
Sad that so many seem to lack the maturity of objective detachment where they thus embroil themselves into investing emotional bank into these silly little words.

Back on topic though; We've discussed how the terms "playing god" and/or "unnatural" are entirely impotent since man is the epitome of unnatural in all things and works done as well as being well schooled in playing god also since the dawn of mankind.

It's also been exampled that even IF souls were a valid point of argument, the existence of human Monsters throughout history, who all were born, raised, educated, and grown to adulthood not very differently from their peers, all became Monsters of their own free will without the interference of, or requirement for Science as explanation for their "souless" actions.
Thus, with or without soul has no meaning as it applies to GeneMods. Monsters are going to happen with or without souls, and with or without Genetic Manipulation.

We thus then come back to the argument of ego: People protest the idea simply because the idea personally repulses them for whatever, or even no reason at all.
Barring any additional vectors of protest against Genetic modification, it's seen that all current protests are the stuff of selfish ego and irrational paranoid fear while arguments supporting Genetic Modification tout benefit for any and all the development of the technology could serve.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You stated that a normal woman wouldn't have to do this since they would be able to reproduce properly. I agree with that but I should have clarified my use of normal as it did not define her physiological state but, rather, was referring to her mental capacity to process what society, at large, has defined as a taboo scientific area and make a rational decision that her need for a child could be answered by adopting one of the millions of unwanted, existing human babies rather than help create a franken-baby that could alter the entire world gene pool with unknown side effects. The way I see a "normal" person approach this subject, and I will obviously be projecting here a bit, is total shock that sombody would even consider doing such a thing as genetically manipulating a person.

I think that, just like Monsanto and others, this woman's facilities weren't kept in check by their conscience and they let greed into the equation. Not just I want a child but, I want my own, at any cost. That is simply called reckless and is certainly to be our (global collective) biggest downfall. Genetic engineering released into the public realm is just now showing unintended side effects such as superbugs and I would hate to see what new traits these GM babies will yield as time marches onward.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They are sick and twisted. This shouldnt be allowed, Its abuse of children and babies and abuse of others. Its ridiculous so what will happened one day one child will have 10 parents? or 3? I dunno lol...

Wait till they start mixing animal genes with human genes.

Its only just begun the freakery...

As soon as they start mixing robots/animals and humans togeather. I will leave the planet lol... Im waiting for my ride to the moon. Im sure Id be happier...

Then it will be cloning. You will find people like Obama and Bush mixing lol.. And being perfectly happy doing so. Weird....
edit on 15-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

reply to post by FreedomEntered

No.

You're being egocentric in projecting your personal subjective values onto someone else, or a group of people that doesn't subscribe to your personal beliefs. In doing so you label them mentally deficient, twisted, unbalanced, or similar descriptions for not naturally seeing the superior perfection of your oh so lofty ideals and mores.

Unfortunately for you, in making this error, you only demonstrate your own lack of facility for rational thought.
Further, you presume upon someone else's biological imperative to produce offspring their own where given opportunity to do so.
In reverse this is equivalent to forced sterilization.
In comparison to other diseases, according your reasoning, we may as well do away with medicine altogether and let nature take course, allowing new generations to take the places of those worn out, diseased, mutated, defective, weak, and unfit for building a Master Race of tomorrow.
Isn't that what you're saying? Defective people should just suck up their lot in life and deal with it?

edit on 15-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Im not saying anything, dont read into what Im saying if you dont understand.

Im not projecting.

Im merely stating for your information that the beggining of Genetically modified babies will start " new trends" that is the nuclear family will change.

I mean 3 parents makes for a different psychological development for that child. He/she has alot more to take in about his environment, backround, rules and so forth.

Imagine having two mums plus a dad. Dont tell me thats " normal".

Then the mixing of animals and humans WILL happen. People already do beastiliaty. Just a matter of time before one of those animal lurvers decide to volunteer to have their genes mixed with their pet doggy whos actually their husband.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Its not playing " God" its the opposite. Its science and humanity mixing .. it isnt bombing the planet. Its not huge.

The ethnics comes in where these kids/babies are being basically experiments/experimented on, and as such it questions the ethics of the scientists involved and their intentions.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
on a happy note lol it might be the case one day that men dont have to choose one woman for a baby, but they can choose two women or three or more lol and make some mix of a baby!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join