It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian President : No taxes for Staple Food.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Food on the table is not insignificant.

100% in agreement with you here.

This might be the mother in me talking, but, I want to feed that child. I find it incredibly and horrifically sad that so many are going hungry while the rest of the world tosses nearly half of their food in the trash, often because, it doesn't 'look' good enough to eat or sell.

To call something as basic and essential to life as food insignificant is incredibly insensitive.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Trueman

Really? You wish? I lived in Brazil for 4 months a year and I have family there.

Next time you go there, tell the brazilian government what to do,.....hey, maybe you are smarter than them.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Let me guess, you are crying over Hugo Chavez death too?

By the way, you did not answer my posts about the corruption and overtaxation in electric cars.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Trueman

Let me guess, you are crying over Hugo Chavez death too?

By the way, you did not answer my posts about the corruption and overtaxation in electric cars.

About Chavez : Nope, I don't. & off topic.

About the corruption on E. Cars : If you are so well informed, do a thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

No need to do a thread. I was just telling that the things on your article are not exactly
like that.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

You are both right about it being a great step in Brazil. I am very happy to hear this, and was actually surprised they were being taxed previously. I am typically not verbose and sometimes come across rude by merely making a statement which I don't believe needs to be expounded upon. Sorry if I came across cross. Would never wish to disrespect a beautiful buckeye.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Yes. I think the main initiative with the taxis is for show during the upcoming Olympics, along with worldwide advertising and acclaim for Nissan by the "green" loving media.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

A weaker currency, record low borrowing costs and $23 billion in tax cuts failed to kick-start the economy last year. Instead, the measures helped fuel inflation that is running faster than in Mexico, Colombia or Chile and approaching the 6.5 percent upper limit of the central bank’s target range.

www.businessweek.com...

This is some of the most confused, cause-and-effect horsecrap I've ever read from a reputable news site.

Strip away record-low borrowing and the tax cuts and it may be equivalently stated, "inflation has fueled inflation." Really? Is that some sort of new and isolated phenomenon? Beam me up!

Add "record-low borrowing" and your explanation for a "weaker currency" is staring you straight in the face. Moreover, tax cuts or tax increases contribute nothing to monetary inflation nor price inflation. Unless tax payers are creating their own reals and adding to the existing stock of money, tax increases or tax decreases do not "help fuel price inflation."

Innumerable apologies for my ranting. The story has activated my nuclear button.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Thanks, for the compliment.

Apologies to the OP for the off topic post. I didn't want to be rude and not say thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join