It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of Government Dependence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Rise of Government Dependence

www.businessinsider.com

Mitt Romney's comment about 47 percent of Americans living on government handouts may not have been tactful, but he certainly has a point.

Americans are more dependent on the government than ever.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I pulled this information into another thread to highlight a point I was making, but I think it really deserves a thread of its own.

The statistics are alarming and staggering.... 1 in 5 Americans completely dependent on government? Government spending on dependence now tops disposable income of Americans?

And the graph showing the increases in each area as compared to policy changes is the one which scares me the most.

Note - don't read this article from a political (republican/democrat) viewpoint. In my opinion, both parties have contributed to the state of union and this isn't about finger pointing but about acknowledging the problem and, more importantly, DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Until the public becomes disturbed enough by this information, it will not change, improve, or stop. And allowing it to continue unfettered will lead to certain collapse (or complete totalitarianism)

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

And allowing it to continue unfettered will lead to certain collapse (or complete totalitarianism)

The freedoms we have is those which we grow up to accept as the normal. The NWO plan if there is one is to gradually inject institutionalised ideas into peoples heads. Its quite possible to see one day people entering their own cages and locking the doors. The idea of collapse is a scare pyscological ploy to get people to accept stuff they wouldnt normally accept. There is no real intention to collapse anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I agree that education plays into this downward spiral.... I don't buy it as something driven by "NWO" but certainly by government intention....

Of course, that is my premise under the other thread where I brought up this topic -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But education is just one facet who purpose is to change public psychology on what is "acceptable" on the erosion of our rights. There are far more ways "they" (proponents of government) are breaking down our will to be free people and move us toward dependence (i.e. control)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have seen that thread before

Now....there are many who will say "hey, looks like we are in the middle of the pack....not the bottom!" And to that I would say "And were you satisfied that President George W. Bush was also a 'C' level student?" This is the US...we are supposed to be a leader, a super-power.... And yet, our future generations struggle to maintain AVERAGE...

My opinion of a US President being a 'C' level student is this. Its perfectly ok for a person of average intelligence to hold the chair of president as they will be best place to identify with the thoughts of the average person. The person however needs to be honest, reputatable and not deviating from the oath he took when taking on the presidency.

Actuallly this would make a good thread debate topic is it ok for presidents to be C graders.

edit on 9-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
When I read the title I thought of it the other way around...

People aren't dependant on their government, their government is dependant on them!!

If they aren't there to give them handouts then they are essentially useless.

That's why I think they are keeping people dependant on them, or else they aren't needed anymore..

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
When I read the title I thought of it the other way around...

People aren't dependant on their government, their government is dependant on them!!

If they aren't there to give them handouts then they are essentially useless.

That's why I think they are keeping people dependant on them, or else they aren't needed anymore..

We aren't not giving the government handouts....they take it. And we just keep on electing them and not holding them accountable FOR taking it. How and why do you think this happens? If you don't know, read Atlas Shrugged.

They use the tactic that we MUST be our brother's keeper and play upon our morality. That's the big secret and psychological warfare. If you say you disagree with the premise, they say you don't care about your neighbor, children starving, or any of the other government programs that are meant to "save us." The real problem is that it is a self-perpetuating cycle of welfare that is unsustainable.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

And it always comes down to this. When are people going to stand up and take out this ever increasingly corrupt Govt.? The entire World sees it for what it is and yet so many Americans are still blind to it or terrified of losing their Kraft Dinner and Spam allowances.

Nations all over the World are standing, taking down their leaders and kicking out the banksters. Why isn't the (sarcasm) greatest Nation on Earth doing anything?

So quick to invade another Nation when told that the people are being treated unfairly and yet at home? McDonald's, Wal-Mart...still ruling and dictating what is in the food and what Chinese made products are bought and sold.

This is laughable at best because nothing will happen. Zilch, Nada. People are too afraid to fight their own masters at home and yet strap on a gun to kill innocents all over the Globe? WTF?

I just don't see the US as having any balls unless they are told it's ok to have them these days. When it's time and people actually see what the hell just happened behind their backs...too late.

And just to make it clear, I know there are many great Americans and that many are awake but I will also implore "Get Out Now" while you still can because the real Americans are far outnumbered by the idiots and sheep.

Peace

edit on 9-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

we do to give the government handouts:

We pay $100.00 in taxes.
The government has to pocket $50.00
in their pocket (wages, insurance, offices, phones, paperwork)
in order to send $50.00 left to your neighbor.

Your neighbor wont get up off his ass
and mow your yard for $50.00.
If your neighbor got off his ass and
mowed your yard for $50.00
you would still have $50.00.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

We pay $100.00 in taxes.

Seems to me that if Govt. took only $25, you would now have an extra $25 to either mow it yourself with a six pack at the ready or find someone that would.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

We pay $100.00 in taxes.

A handout is something that is given or distributed freely to those in need.

The government gives out handouts....we, the citizens, do not give them anything. They TAKE it in the form of taxes...which, if you do not pay....you are imprisoned and they take by force. Do you "freely" give your money to the government? Would you continue to give them 30% or more of your income without the threat of jail over your head? I doubt you would.... That is not freedom.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Let's put this into perspective. Any money the government spends on things that aren't really needed means that the jobs created by this funding falls into this class.

Think of all the salaries of all the employees and the income of defense contractors whereas the money spent isn't justifiable as a need of the American people. Many products also cost the government much more than they sell it to the people, no sale price, no discounts for quantity buying.

What about all the wages and bennies of all the road and bridge workers where federal funding is used. It is only important to count the thousands of projects that aren't really needed except for the fact they bring money into the area to stimulate economic growth and stability.

Look at the jobs created and saved by the government bailing out the banks from falling on their face and just from the money loaned below cost to the banks to lend. Most of the banking jobs are only there at the expense of the taxpayer.

I can go on and on with this unnecessary government spending, look at the waste rebuilding Iraq.

If you include this in the dependence than Mitt Romney was being conservative.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

ricky,

that's just it...they use fear that everything will collapse to drive more spending which leads to more dependence. It is all a myth. Yes, there would be a correction in the markets. Things will shift, without a doubt. But once the correction has happened, it will rebuild again in proper form. Just like the cycle with...say, a forest fire. The fire burns down everything, but in turn, creates new growth that is necessary for sustainable life. The markets are no different.....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I like your example. I do that a lot also.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

what im seeing.. is that we are made to be dependant on the government,

and when the time is right, they will drag that help from under our feet.

if your lucky enough to work full time, theres no gaurantee you can pay your bills.

energy costs have gone up, while thy use our army to secure oil fields

telling students to join the job market, while giving their funding to private banks

it goes on and on....

people are dependant on the government DUE TO CHARACTERS LIKE ROMNEY

the public sector needs a hero!!!!

peace
edit on 10-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I guess we all seen this coming "Dependence", an yes there is a but, is it all the goverments fault, I dont think it is, maybe 75%, and here is the but, But what about the big Corporations that except the handouts like SNAP? do you think they lobbied someplace in Washington to make it easier to get that money (SNAP) from the receipeants?

I guess those that collected the old foodstamps back in the day did not like useing the old paper bills from the Welfare office, becuase everyone knew when they went shopping what they looked like I know, How, back in the 60"S my parents got divorced and my mother ended up on Welfare until she got back on her feet, (took a few years but she did) but I remember going to the store and to me at the age of 5 it was embarrising.

So why did they go to the card, to elimate the embarrisment?

Should we give drug test to all those that recieve Welfare? Yes I have to pee in a cup to keep my job so I can support those that don't want to work.

The article mentione Medicare, correct me if I am wrong but don't all the senaet and congressman and other goverment workers use it for free, maybe we need to kick them to the curb and make them pay for there own medical coverage like I have to.

These programs are abused and it makes me sick, In the past 30+ years I have never been late on bills, paid for everything myself, never filled for bankruptcie, but the one year when my wife lost her job because of the economy, we found ourselfs with only 1 income, did not go on welfare or anything but tried to get reduced rates for the kids meals at school and i was told I made to much. I look at my income and said "REALLY" but then you see those people on Welfare pull up to the Dollar Tree in a Escalad SUV, get out talking on the latest cell phone and dressed like a million dollars go into the dollar tree and use a SNAP CARD. "REALLY"

Just goes to show that people will use the system to get the handouts.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The question is WHY have so many americans become dependant on government handouts?

WHY does failing business get bailouts from liberals and conservatives alike? I thought in capitalism if you can't make it on your own THEN YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO FAIL! There is no "too big to fail". This keynesian stimulus is pure nonsense as all it does is give money away with no promise of a better tomorrow. The companies take the money and run for asia. It is cheaper to do business there than in america and with no protectionist measures the trend will get much worse.

In turn the debt skyrockets continously as a)people need welfare assistance to survive and b)the failing stimulus programs have reached 5-6 trillion.

The trade deficit with china alone is in the trillions per year. We import OUR OWN STUFF *made in china*. Chineese can't export jack because the american firms are exploiting the workforce for themselves and leaving chineese firms with scrapfood.

www.census.gov...

Read the official government link. It is all there. I have no reason to lie like some conservative and liberal think tanks with twisted personal gain agendas. People either accept the truth or they keep chasing their own tail hopelessly till we DO DEFAULT!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Abolishing the FED would be a great start. These idiots with no congressional ovesight to mention are handing out money left and right and giving people the finger. As long as the FED remains our central bank the conspiracy holds strong, but the 100 year charter ends this year. Lets see if either democrats or republicans have the balls to do SOMETHING right for a change. I am not holding my breath at all though. Born losers are always losers. People who would sellout their own mother for a dollar. Pathetic little humanoids!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
the 100 year charter ends this year.

i did not know this!!!!

be prepared for some "business" "pressure" for it to be renewed

i wondered what all this fiscal cliff BS, and chinese shadow investment is about
who knows, maybe the vaticans pope resigning had something to do with this

i read somewhere that only the catholic church could bail out america.... not anymore me thinks

it all stinks

but the force is strong jedis lol

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The FED guilty?

And Donald Rumsfeld announcing $2.3 trillion missing from DOD just one day prior to the staged terrorist attacks. I wonder why they happened to just crash a missile/ghost plane into the same wing where all the rellevant documents where stored?

The people are being played as absolute imbeciles!

How much "proof" does one need???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join