It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Lab Chimps See The Sky For The First Time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
They are probably still better off than most North Koreans.

please stop with the propoganda, this has nothing to do with NK

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Wow.....that was beautiful......made me cry again....as much as humans can "suck", it's so nice to see that some care about our furry friends......♥

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wonder if the chimps were thinking, "Gee, all the colors seemed brighter when I ate those special bananas, but I don't miss the 8-foot butterflies with fangs."

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The sanctuary is nestled on 200 acres of Louisiana forest, and provides research and education opportunities as wel

Released from one human made and controlled enclosure to another to a larger human made and controlled enclosure. All they have done is granted them the right to see the sky and have some more room to move and interact.

Not so much retired as just moved to a different location. Sure they are better off but i still dont call that free, even an open prison is still a prison. Humans are so full of it.

edit on 10-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How about a video of the chimps being experimented on in the labs? Thats the reality of what we are not seeing here.

As long as we can have nice shampoo and paracetamol tablets its easier to look the other way.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

How cold can you be? Seriously!! You bet they don't have dander...thanks for you service. I wonder if you are some kind of computer program, you seem to lack what defines our humanity, which is empathy.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This video brought rare tears to my eyes...

These creatures deserve more than retirement, we should pay them restitution for the torture they have endured.
What they have now is far better than where they were before, however, if I had the magic wand I would set them all up on an exotic jungle island all for themselves where they never have to deal with humans again. And then I would release all the other lab animals -rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, pigs, etc., as well.

I don't have a magic wand, but I'm still glad that there are small triumphs like these sometimes...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

The sanctuary is nestled on 200 acres of Louisiana forest, and provides research and education opportunities as wel

Released from one human made and controlled enclosure to another to a larger human made and controlled enclosure. All they have done is granted them the right to see the sky and have some more room to move and interact.

Not so much retired as just moved to a different location. Sure they are better off but i still dont call that free, even an open prison is still a prison. Humans are so full of it.

I think it would be the best solution, considering they would be with others like them, you know.. domesticated in a sense. If they put them back in their natural habitat without some form of human assistance, they would most likely all die, or become prey. So I'm sure they are happier in a bigger place with a controlled environment, instead of dying from disease or becoming food for another.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I wonder what the chimps would choose if they had the choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Nice OP and everything but dont forget about the lady who got her face ripped off , eye ripped out by a chimpanzee and had to have a face transplant..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Sad and bittersweet, my heart aches deeply for all of them

Humans are cruel and it really does amaze me the sheer amount of people who participate in animal experimentation...seriously? WTF is wrong with so many people?

Thank you for posting this...even though it brought tears to my eyes it was well worth it.

S&F

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Aww this makes my heart hurt! Seeing the sky for the first time, it makes me sad. They should always be free and it's about time they saw sense and let them all out. Glad to see they adapt ok and will enjoy there new found freedom

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think any and all animal testing in the US should be abolished. Such behavior should be below a species as advanced as ours. Surely there are alternatives to animal cruelty in research. Animals cannot communicate with us, and perhaps this makes it easier on those who are torturing these animals. And that is what all animal testing is, torture. If not physically, mentally. They are confined their entire lives usually, which is a heavy form of mental torture.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimsie

Nice OP and everything but dont forget about the lady who got her face ripped off , eye ripped out by a chimpanzee and had to have a face transplant..

A chimpanzee is a wild animal, it has no business whatsoever being around people in their homes or research centers. All related (tragic) incidents, involving any wild animal (lions, monkeys, alligators, whales etc) are people's responsibility and fault.

"You don't touch nature, you just look at it." Jean-Michel Cousteau

I would dare to add - just look at it an awe.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Exitt

Yes we are evil at times but remember, we are mere animals ourselves and part of the ecosystem.

Many species are very violent.

maybe but we have the choice to be violent or not to be Violent

lets face it we are bad "but not all of us"

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Top video mate, it's good to see them being released and seems to have caught a little dust in my eyes.

Same here mate - damn that dust!

It reminds me of this one with the beagles being released under similar conditions. Tugs hard at the emotions when the little fella steps on the grass.

That's a pretty moving one as well (as I truly love dogs) - I wonder how many Malboros they were made to smoke.

I see chimps as being like the very core of humanity...us without the clothes and superficial layers. Out in the wild, they can be very loving and family-orientated; they love a laugh too. Then they also have little criminal SoBs going out stealing, raping and murdering. If roles were reversed, no doubt they'd have our asses in testing labs too lol.

Great words mate and I do remember this thread you made about chimps actively planning -let's hope the roles never get reversed! When it comes to short term memory it also looks like Ayumu the chimp is quite a clever chap and actually beats humans in tests.

Originally posted by kimsie

Yes, I suppose they can be rather nasty at times (just like humans) and you certainly wouldn't want to piss them off as they'd probably rip both your arms from your sockets and beat you to death with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join