It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
alright, well mayans have for centuries been predicting (through precise calculations) the end of the world to be December 21, 2012. strangely, computer calculations dealing the the I Ching, also bring up a date very close to December 21, 2012, as our extinction, and "Novelty Theory suggests that on December 21 of 2012 AD, at the coincidence of the moment of the solstice and the heliacal rising of the galactic center, levels of planetary novelty will exponentially increase". i'm sure there are others besides these 3, but what are your thoughts. do you think the world will end in 2012?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think that if the world does end on 2012, it will surprise everyone.

The fact is, there have been millions of 'end-of-times' dates. It seems as if every year there is no evidence backing up a certain upcoming date. And what happens? It comes and it goes. Simple as that.

Imagine for a minute that you were alive on 665 a.d. and EVERYONE absolutely knew the world was coming to an end next year, besides, it's the mark of the beast, how could it NOT come to an end.

Now remember the chaos that occured on 1999? Y2K bug, people were spending thousands on canned goods, waters, and underground bunkers to store their family in until the chaos ended. What happened? Nothing.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
We will only know when the earth is going to end when we look up and see a nice big asteriod screaming directly towards us, or marvin the martin pops out of a spaceship and starts blasting us with his death ray etc
I highly doubt when it does expire, assuming we are still liiving here, we won't have enough notice or the technology to ensure our own survival.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hopi Indians do predict the end times in this year - 2012
I hope not as they have been pretty accurate on other issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
A lot of different sources, the same date, strange.

Well, we can only really wait and see.

- Nazgarn

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It could be the end of the 1000 years of Christs reign when all demons come from hell to Earth. I have a thread on that.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
It could be the end of the 1000 years of Christs reign when all demons come from hell to Earth. I have a thread on that.

Where is your thread at? And how are these demons getting to earth?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Heres a link to my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The people who ran the experiments of time travel at Montauk also said that anything they visited after 2012-2013 was a dream-like state.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Hopi Indians do predict the end times in this year - 2012
I hope not as they have been pretty accurate on other issues.

like what??

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Please use the search feature before starting a new thread.

2012, One more time
2012 = Mayan Y2k?
2012 prediction
2012 will erupt in chaos

This is just a few of the existing 2012 threads. Use the search feature and you'll find lots more.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join