It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Councilman Proposes Email Tax To Save Post Office

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

Why doesn't the post office just use tax payer money to subsidize their operation costs and start offering services comparable to UPS or FedEX at a much lower cost? Once they drive them out of business, they can buy up their assets and jack up the cost. Then they can propose a third party operations tax on e-mail while offering free email themselves to force people to use them exclusively for email. Then they can start charging for all their email services.

Are you serious ?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

I can say only that I am getting no post, that from the post office, only emails (some of, I guess). Since 2006.
Surely that has no connection with USA politics (Yes m. d.), because I live in Serbia

edit on 3/10/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Surely this cannot and will not come to pass.... no way. there will be uproar!!

Anyway, I cant see it working as all one needs to do instead of sending email, is to join a networking site and send messages that way.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We already pay for connection to our isp and that's bloody taxed so now they might tax per e-mail. I don't see this happening here as this will cause the whole country to riot as people have been pushed too far and its always the governments who gets their bonus. They don't care about the people who feed them its all greed and more money and power against the people. I really do believe that they want civil war against the people.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

All this money among government officials, all the taxes they collect and now they want to tax email. They say the economy is so bad, if they would quit stealing money to fund their rich friends it might be better. It's so tiring hearing about how honest people have to fork over more money to feed the already rich because they have the control to make the poor spend more.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have a great idea (not being serious, or am i?), whenever our politicians spend over what's given to them they lose all their pay..... and we put them to death..... I bet you they would get our economy back on track fast... Destroying our countries future for years, decades, possibly centuries to come should be one of the worst crimes to man here...

Stop spending, stop taxing, work with what we're giving you.... It's a budget, we ALL deal with them today, why should you be any different?

Yes, extreme, but I'd get behind it, and I'm sure many other fed up americans would too...

and ill be put to death in 3...2...1... Nice knowing you all!
edit on 10-3-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

Originally posted by Mayson

Why doesn't the post office just use tax payer money to subsidize their operation costs and start offering services comparable to UPS or FedEX at a much lower cost? Once they drive them out of business, they can buy up their assets and jack up the cost. Then they can propose a third party operations tax on e-mail while offering free email themselves to force people to use them exclusively for email. Then they can start charging for all their email services.

Are you serious ?

Only the tiniest bit... I'm not sure that there's really a way to ethically "save" the post office. I mean, they can trim back the services that they offer, but all that does is hurt the people who work there.

There are all these calls to "trim the fat" so to speak to save the government money, but all that really means is more people out of work. It's a bit of a catch 22, I'm afraid. Fire people to save money at the cost of jobs which only costs the government more in "social" programs and hurts the country in the long run or accept that the money we spend needs to keep being spent for the good of the people, but I don't know that bleeding everyone dry is a solution.

Maybe getting a little creative (read evil) is the only way out of the catch 22.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That is a crazy idea that would turn out badly for sure. I think he spoke before the thought actually had time to fully mature in his head.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join