It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama and TSA Just Conspire With Enemies for Next 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
As for the trial in NY? It does not matter where you are holding somebody. If somebody wants to try and do something about it they would no matter if he is being held in NY, Gitmo or anywhere else. Of course so far they have unable or unwilling to try and rescue anybody outside of Iraq and Afganistan. The fact is the few resources they have are not worth risking on something they would have almost no chance of pulling off. Not that we will not watching for a such a thing.

Your points here are fair, but I think Wrabbit's point is somewhat valid as well. I agree that it's unlikely to happen, even in NY. However, logistically speaking, it would be 10000x easier to set up a mission to "extract" someone from the NY legal system, than to do so from a place like Gitmo. Under normal circumstances and "Standard Operating Procedure," that is. That said, I can imagine they would make some attempts at tightening up security for someone high-profile like this.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know what the heck they are thinking with bringing that guy into Civilian courts in New York City of all places. What total idiots! I'm sure New York CAN secure him but why SHOULD they have to?! Gitmo wasn't just about a central place for questioning but putting these guys somewhere safe from escape OR RESCUE attempt.

He is not a combatant or even in combatant status. He is an alleged criminal charged with a crime in a civilian court. His charge is "Conspiracy To Kill Americans." That is only a crime in the US from what I've come to understand. Also, he can spout off all he wants. Its rhetoric. Have you ever said you were going to kill someone? Were you charged? It would not be a crime until you started to plot. That is what he did. Criminal. Not a soldier. NY is the court that charged him and it could have been any US Federal court. It is appropriate.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join