It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What make's a person expert on ufo and alien's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
reply to post by Kentucky75

Apparently this member.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have been researching for 16 years. Ask him/her anything.

that link doesn't work

2nd line

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kentucky75

Cause it's the same as claiming you speak to god and he speak back to you.
The proof is only for you.

That is foolish. The reason why it is foolish is because you are thinking of a small category of people and you are talking to a wide audience of people, and thinking that the wide audience of people who are actually 20% of your mind's perception of the small audience that you perceive you are talking to are all the people who you are speaking out to, but in fact of your ignorance 80% of the people who have read your post are not even in your perception of audience.

So to a certain degree has ufo's and alien became a religion?

No, this is from watching to many fantasies, they tell people to 'think outside of the box' but it is really not good for this subject or the media in general.

But honestly my point to this is simple.
i see it every day on post's and video's this guy is a expert he knows what he is talking about..100% real.
If that was so no matter how much we want to believe it just isn't. humans always have alternate motive's.

No, you have alternative motive's and you are just admitting that you are 90% of the world, but I already know 90% of the whole world is lying to me, thanks for being one of them...

Anyone who studies a subject for a certain amount of work and effort becomes and expert eventually if they focus and keep their memories together.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kentucky75

So tell me what you define as a expert if they said hey there are ufo's and to you it would be 100% real no question asked.
thank you.

I think this is an excellent question...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I'm an expert of my own personal experiences unless the same experience is shared by someone else who happens to be next to me and such.

Really?

So someone who has any experience is then an expert on the subject? You get in a car accient are you now an expert on accidents?

I think the OP's point is people say they are experts reading what others have wrote as an expert and it all has just perpetuated from nothing.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Debunkers have the easy road in
UFO dealings. Any answer under the Sun
is fodder for "You don't know what you saw"
But of course the UFO witness was the one
who actually saw it , not the skeptic.

The "you saw a planet explanation"
when the report states things like "Giant triangular
shape moving quick "etc. is not even trying.
How is that a planet? Wouldn't this dimwitted observer
also drown when looking up to see where all this water
is coming from when it's raining?

And in the end the debunker cannot
prove the witness didn't see what they reported

Actually demanding proof of a negative is the "easy road". Requires absolutely nothing in the way of an explanation or evidence.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
'Expert' is too strong word that I would give to astronomers who are into science and know what it means, are able to identify objects such as stars or airplanes and won't call them 'Aliens' or 'UFOs' and with all that in mind, still are aware of UFO phenomena existing and do not make ridiculous denying on their existence.

I am following the same path, while not an expert. Furthermore, the ability to not exclude that among all the cases and docs about UFOs and alien coverup, there may be something true, will make you a good expert, as much as not falling for every information you read, especially on the internet. Lots here are either denying even the possibility based on the clues, when the clues are so many that it is normal to suspect existence of such things, while not being certain about it. Or, they believe every bogus story posted somewhere.

If you're able to stay away from both sides of bias, and are able to identify objects, you will become an excellent researcher.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Being a body builder and doctor,

Being a nuclear physicist,

Having a web site where whistle blowers can contradict each other and back up each other all at the same time.

Having a YouTube account, that's no 1 in my books

Clicking your heals and doing the Macarena is another way to become an expert,

Finally, ingestion of certain substances will certainly make one an expert, however the expertize will vary from knowledge of aliens to how one lights farts with such proficiency that they can become a stage act.

On a serious note, how does one become an expert on the unknown?

Knowledge is the answer, once the field is acknowledged by mainstream science then hypothesizing can begin with varying theories being formulated and experimented until we get some facts and then from those facts the expertize of the subject will follow by anyone who wishes to learn.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join