It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Tape Threatens U.S. States : Red States in fear now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hmmm, it's funny how all this is going down... the video was made public, what, on Friday? My feeling is that whoever is behind this meant it to shock people into falling behind Bush, just to spite "Osama". When focus groups held this weeked showed the video wasn't accomplishing that, they added a little tidbit... "just in case you didn't understand the message" type of thing. It's a brilliant communications stunt, meant to manufacture public opinion.

Do you really think that Osama cares whether Bush or Kerry is in the White House? Strategically, he knows that whoever is President can't back down. If Kerry were to appear to make "peace" with Al-Qaeda (and he would have to be a pretty bad politician to do that), he'd be in for the ride of his life. There would be a helluva lot of demonstrations, probably even some riots, and you can bet that Congress would go red, red, and more red in 2006, making Kerry merely a figurehead.

Kerry knows all this, that however he plans to fight the war on terror, it has to be fought. And Osama - if he's even still alive - knows that too.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Osama Bin Laden still exists = Bush failed! enough said.

If OBL is hiding in Pakistan, hello! they're allies with us so i'm sure our military/special forces can flood that country and flush out OBL/Al Qaeda in a matter of months. But folks, it's been 3 years!

Sadly, things dont work out that way.

The politician will always do whats best to keep his/her job and a free OBL will further continue the ongoing war on terrorism.

Otherwise funding would stop if OBL was dead/caught & al qaeda defeated.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Edsinger as usual, your post always bring the funny side on me, your sources are always something to laugh about.

Don't you get it is all a joke, and you just keep playing into it.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
if you really think about OBLs actions so far, then you will see this as a somewhat empty threat...
he has had endless opportunity to cause chaos and mayhem, and hasn't ...
why? IMO because we surprised the hell out of him with our willful attacks on two radical muslim strongholds, and he doesn't like surprises...
he sleeps poorly knowing that 2 muslim countries lie in ruin due to his "holy war against the two towers". He has changed his focus from civilians to military (his forte), so as to not provoke another muslim country biting the dust. He will attack civilians again, if we push him... If we continue to goof up in the middle east, then it might come to that. For now, he was hoping to give Kerry a boost, because he sees a little more hope for a change of policy with Kerry vs Bush... dont you?
it was a smarter move than i would have expected from him...
well , i guess it goes to show.... that the bush family don't hang around with no fools...

Do you really think OBL was surprised when we attacked Afghanistan? I think not. And I'm sure he was overjoyed when we invaded Iraq, especially since it was without international approval. Our invasion of Iraq was a "win-win" situation for him. First, it toppled the only secular government in the middle east(which he hated). Second, by occupying Iraq, the US has created legions of potential recruits for Al-Qaeda, and further lowered the US's image in the middle east.
Invading Iraq was just what OBL was hoping for. The terrorists can now fight us on their own turf, with their own rules, and their own tactics.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Edsinger as usual, your post always bring the funny side on me, your sources are always something to laugh about.

Are you really that naive?

Well as a Kerry backer I can understand......nevermind glad you get a laugh, personally I do not think it funny that Americans willingly vote for someone who is weak, had an undesirable discharge from military service, extreme left liberal. But hey its the US and vote for who you want to. That way you can gripe the next 4 years as Bush tightens the clamps on this fundementalist islamic threat.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well as a Kerry backer I can understand......nevermind glad you get a laugh, personally I do not think it funny that Americans willingly vote for someone who is weak, had an undesirable discharge from military service, extreme left liberal. But hey its the US and vote for who you want to. That way you can gripe the next 4 years as Bush tightens the clamps on this fundementalist islamic threat.

Edsinger you have never been able to prove any of that, so is just speculation, any way he is going to do a good job and if he does not then he will be out of the door, just like bush will.

Hey I still like your post, I hope you have some nice ones after the elections.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My sentiments, exactly.

However, you're the one who's naive, if you think Bush will get us anything but attacked more. He's failed to do anything, except take out the leader of another country that literally had nothing to do with this "fundementalist" islamic threat.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Osama Bin Laden still exists = Bush failed! enough said.

If OBL is hiding in Pakistan, hello! they're allies with us so i'm sure our military/special forces can flood that country and flush out OBL/Al Qaeda in a matter of months. But folks, it's been 3 years!

Sadly, things dont work out that way.

The politician will always do whats best to keep his/her job and a free OBL will further continue the ongoing war on terrorism.

Otherwise funding would stop if OBL was dead/caught & al qaeda defeated.

US forces are NOT allowed in Pakistan (last I heard)

the tape doesn't add up...nothing like previous tapes from UBL...I think someone DOES have UBL already...but someone not real friendly with the US...and UBL is being forced to read this script to change the US elections

(my .02)

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
However, you're the one who's naive, if you think Bush will get us anything but attacked more. He's failed to do anything, except take out the leader of another country that literally had nothing to do with this "fundementalist" islamic threat.

And again you fail to understand the threat, Saddam was part of that threat. Arabs understand strength, they do not respect weakness. Why do you think they hate Bush so? He has chosen to fight, not cower.

Naiveity is in the eye of the beholder m8.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Damn instead of uniting us against him , he has found a slick way to divide us.

He..."he" is like bin Laden that is just a real BIG JOkE..this guy is a puppet!!!!! Must get paid to act in his suspicious video! If he says do not vote for Bush, people will vote for Bush! It's a big Sci-Fi movie...it's like marketing TOOL to make you american scared and control votes just "before" elections!
Any way, votes is a big nothing! As well as this whole campaing that is bunch of comedians who all work together to entertain you and make you beleive that Ur vote is important hehehehe

Sorry but that is the truth!!!!!
Live for yourself, not for that crazy controlling big brother governments!!! And most of all UNITED YOU SHOULD STAND but not with politics

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You should be asking yourself the same question. You think the war in Iraq has to do with patriotism and liberating the Iraqi people where in reality the administration lied with over whelming evidence on the matter their goal has all along been to liberate Iraqi oil and setup a military playground where we can annhilate muslims.

You are completely blinded by your ridiculous faith in president Bush who is anything but a moral leader with integrity. You say we need to vote for someone who is not weak? What is your definition of weak? You believe the strong are liars, murderers, power hungry feins who justify murder by saying they are christians?

At least Kerry fought in vietnam rather than getting a position in the guard based off his daddy's name and not HIS OWN merit. Hell Kerry was in Iraq being shot at while Bush couldn't even protect the soil of Amercia and was AWOL for a year! Ahh but we have no proof of that right? Whatever the swift boat vets say about Kerry and his vietnam record about speaking out after the war is BS. Kerry was there in war and is entitled to his opinion having served in war. If you haven't served in war keep your hole shut about defacing a man who has.

Your blind faith is absolutely ridiculous. Many years from now while Bush is rolling in his money and looking back at the bloodshed he is responsible forand being used and abused by those in his admninistration I doubt he will think of himself as the strong man you portray him to be.

All those who have a shred of decency, integrity and a moral ground will vote to get Bush and his administration out of office.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by vincere7]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And again you fail to understand the threat, Saddam was part of that threat. Arabs understand strength, they do not respect weakness. Why do you think they hate Bush so? He has chosen to fight, not cower.

Edsinger, in your ignorance or self-deception, it is you that has failed to comprehend the real threat. Our enemy, the one that executed the 9/11 attacks, are militant muslim fundamentalists.
Saddam is not a muslim fundamentalist, nor did he have anything resembling a good relationship with Al-Qaeda. Sure, he is a bad guy, but there are alot of bad guys in the world. It doesnt mean that he was a clear and immediate danger to the US.

What Bush fails to realize is that these terrorists get their power not from state sponsors, but from the symathy to their cause(if not their tactics) by muslims who feel that the US is a bully and an occupier of their lands. Until we change our foreign policy and stop supporting corrupt dictatorships in the middle east, then we will never eradicate this threat.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'd like to add to what apw100 said as you are right on. Not only will we not eradicate the threat but that threat has been dramatically increased. Bush has not curbed terrorism he has increased it. There have been more al-quaida bombings around the world since Bush has been in office than previous to 911. Recruits are pouring in to the Islamic cause according to the state department and Osama is worshipped as a hero.

The new and improved Al-quaida which Bushs says 75% has been destroyed is stronger and bigger than ever and actively seeking our destruction. The top Counter Terrorist experts in the military and those who have served in the white house conclude that any operations take 3-4 years to carry out and that groupls are actively pursuing their goals of carrying out another terrorist attack on a greater scale than 911.

The only way America will be safer is if we kill all muslims or stop invadng and bombing their countries.

Let me make it clear I do not condone killing muslims but the neo-con think tank as moved by bill kristol wish to exterminate Islam and are in the infancy stages of doing so.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by vincere7]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's you who fails to understand. You've been duped, and will continue to be duped, time and time again, until America is destroyed by idiots like Bush.

It's time America does divide, IMO. If not, then it's time to abandon America to the idiots you've become.

Lemme see here....you say they don't respect weakness and Bush is strong, so that's why they hate him?
My god, you are delusional.
Wake up! How can you be so damn ignorant? We've been switching sides and favoring Israel for 40+ years! You don't think that made us a few enemies? While you may deserve to be attacked for supporting such a policy, many here don't.

If all he wants is the US to stop messing with the Middle East, I do share the same wish. In that, I believe he has a legitimate reason to be mad, and to kill people who claim to be so free and have so much power over their own government. We've been bragging about our system and "democracy" for ages now, so not one person in the entire world is unclear on our supposed stance, and what we believe to be freedom.
The problem is, it's 100% BS! We don't control them. They control us through making us think that we're the ones in control. That's "Mind Control 101"....there's nothing new about that.
OBL's following may be a religious one, but they're probably just as voluntary as we've been fooled into believing we are. It's a ridiculously complex problem, and what makes me mad is that most Americans are content to say that none of it is our doing. Of course, they have no idea. They've been told so many lies, they have no idea what the truth is anymore, or what we've done to deserve the reaction we're now seeing.
In the end, it's the civilians that take the blows.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You all are nuts if you think saddam was not involved in islamic Fundementalism, as long as it was not against him and was against the west, he even funded it!

Yea yea I know DNC chant time! Bush Lied!

It is you that are deceived...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You all are nuts if you think saddam was not involved in islamic Fundementalism, as long as it was not against him and was against the west, he even funded it!

Every official is saying that there was/is no connection between them, but you have it burrowed so deep in your brain, you won't even believe the same people that told you he was involved in the first place.
Even if he was, there was absolutely no reason to distract us from the people we really believed to be responsible....OBL and Al Qaida. There is no link, period. Even your president said so. So, when will you concede?
Actually, even Cheney has said that "Saddam had no hand in 9/11". No one is claiming he did. Why are you, still? Sure, they implied a connection, WMD, and even a hand in 9/11 many, many times, but there isn't one. There's a difference between implied accusation, and reality. When will you get that through your head? Even your leaders are trying to unbrainwash you now. They're currently in the process of trying to convince America they never said that in the first place, but rather that Saddam was evil and we're liberating Iraq, instead.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

He never funded fundamentalist islamic terrorists. He funded anti-israeli groups and offered $50,000 to the family of suicide bombers, but these are not fundamentalist groups per say. Their goal isnt to turn the middle east into a united muslim state, it is to fight the Israeli occupation of what they consider to be the Palestinian homeland.
Despite what you would like your avatar's macho posturing to convey, it is obvious that you are neither a patriot, an intellectual, or a Christian. You are a fanatic, just like our enemies. To you its an abomination when terrorists kill 3000 US citizens, yet somehow believe America is justified in killing 50,000+ innocent Iraqis who had nothing to do with 9/11. Just like the terrorists, to you the end justifies the means.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
So what did New York do the get the 9-11 attack? It traditionally is a democrat state.

What this does is prove that Bush it hurting them. How many terror attacks have their been since 9-11?

There can be no more of a ringing endorsement for Bush than to have terrorists who planned and attacked us well before he was in office to say NOT to vote for him. If they could, they would have hit us again before the election. My feeling is that they are on the run. When killing iraqi citizens and kidnapping women is all they can do then you know they are desperate.

NY Post = Rupert Murdouch of Fox News Propaganda fame , owned "newspaper" . The respect the Post gets? "Bum (vagrant) Toilet paper".
9/11 happened on Bush's watch, yet not a single person has been fired in his administration or in their respective departments. The Bush not only allowed the most terrible attack on US soil , they have failed to prevent succesive bio-terror.... or have you forgotten that no one has ever been caught in the Anthrax attacks on major corporations, individuals AND THE US SENATE??
As for the death count of Iraqi civilians, the US is 10's of thousands ahead of whatever terrorist can do there.
A regime in the US that fails to put a diverse enough international face on the military clean up is inviting more Jihad. Iraq is not better off and the US is far from secure. To the contrary, global terrorism has increased to an all time high since Bush illegally invaded Iraq.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The biggest blunder was, of course, to switch the focus of America's military effort from Osama bin Laden to Saddam Hussein - from Al-Qaeda to Iraq - although there was no connection between the two and no credible evidence that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction or posed any sort of immediate threat to anyone. The result was the catastrophic war in Iraq which has drained America's resources, destroyed its reputation and brought untold miseries to the Iraqis. There is, as yet, no clear outcome in sight.

To convince American opinion - and indeed President Bush himself - that war against Iraq was necessary for American security, prominent neocons like Douglas Feith, assistant secretary for policy at the Pentagon, and his boss Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, did not hesitate to fabricate and manipulate intelligence to show that Saddam Hussein was linked to Al-Qaeda and had rebuilt his WMD arsenal. This deception lies at the root of many of America's current problems.

Less Israel-centered right-wingers, like Vice-President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, were no doubt won over by the argument that turning Iraq into a regional American strongpoint would guarantee control of the incomparable oil riches of the Gulf for the foreseeable future.

The Iraq war was, therefore, waged by an alliance in the upper reaches of the American government between those who wanted to make Israel supreme in the Middle East and those who wanted to make America supreme in the world.

The switch from Al-Qaeda to Iraq is by no means the whole sad story. The Bush administration has consistently refused to recognize that terrorist attacks on America were a direct response to America's own policies - such as its wanton abandonment of Afghanistan after the Soviet withdrawal, its overbearing military presence in Arabia, its pitiless punishment of Iraq after the 1991 Gulf war; and, above all, its blind support for Israel in its conflict with the Arabs.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Be in denial all you want, Saddam did support Isamic terror, look at abu nidal. Now you can claim that that is Israeli/PLO stuff and I could very well argue that that IS part of the Islamic terrors agenda so they are related..

So it is the right wind that talks of the mistranslation huh? Well the press is obviously Left wing so I would not expect them to note it in the mainstream media.

Why because:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join