It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Tape Threatens U.S. States : Red States in fear now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I just dont understand why people think that OBL would want Bush out of office! If anything, Bush is(inadvertantly of course) the best thing to happen to Al-Qaeda in a long time.
Obviously, Bush has failed at capturing or killing OBL and his top collaborators. The people responsible for 9/11 are still free and planning attacks against the US.
By invading Iraq....
-he has damaged America's relationships with its allies.
-he has created a huge pool of possible recruits for Al-Qaeda.
-the people of the arab world hate the US more than ever.
-has diverted resources that could be used to crack down on Al-Qaeda in
countries with real terrorist ties(Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Syria, Pakistan, etc)

I'm not saying that John Kerry would do better, it just that Bush has already shown that he is ineffective against terrorism.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by apw100]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
The more I think about this (slept on it) the more I think it makes sense. Bin Ladin couldnt threaten the whole us as it would unite us. But by individual states, he doesnt boost Bush and actually gets a bump to kerry. Folks in the Tight states such as Ohio , Penn and Florida, must be thinking about this one.

Damn instead of uniting us against him , he has found a slick way to divide us.

I know I'll get reamed for this, but he's actually trying to help us to realize that we've been duped. I believe he speaks the truth about the Bush family's power obsession and our last fixed election. The evidence is overwhelming, if we could get people to stop listening to the propaganda machines.

If he is indeed threatening individual states, it definitely makes more sense when he says our security is in our own hands. He's no idiot.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have seen at least four different translations of this, all different. To Me, something is obviously in the video, or else the entire thing would have been made available. Remember, this and the "Adam" video went straight to American Outlets, not Al-Jazeera like the usually do.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
so kick him hard & frequently, like curme is doing!

Originally posted by curme
I think the only thing breaking is this story. Are you telling me that everyone, even Aljazeera
got the translation wrong except for the ultra-rightwing Middle East Media Research Institute?
And the only news organizations brave enough to report this is The World Net Daily and Fox's NY Post?

Somebody definately mistranslated that speech all right. The 'respected' Middle East Media Research Institute.

Ignorance @ ATS, thy name is Freeper!

Moderators: how about putting a link filter that sends everything from Worldnet , Rense et all, to the Mudpit!?
Then we won't have 'deep thoughts' about Freepers 'sleeping on it, and really agreeing with' crapola propaganda sources!

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Ignorance @ ATS, thy name is Freeper!

Moderators: how about putting a link filter that sends everything from Worldnet , Rense et all, to the Mudpit!?
Then we won't have 'deep thoughts' about Freepers 'sleeping on it, and really agreeing with' crapola propaganda sources!

Isn't MEMRI a reliable source, though? I'm not sure, but it appears pretty official, and it is international.

www.memri.org...
www.memri.org...

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
if you really think about OBLs actions so far, then you will see this as a somewhat empty threat...
he has had endless opportunity to cause chaos and mayhem, and hasn't ...
why? IMO because we surprised the hell out of him with our willful attacks on two radical muslim strongholds, and he doesn't like surprises...
he sleeps poorly knowing that 2 muslim countries lie in ruin due to his "holy war against the two towers". He has changed his focus from civilians to military (his forte), so as to not provoke another muslim country biting the dust. He will attack civilians again, if we push him... If we continue to goof up in the middle east, then it might come to that. For now, he was hoping to give Kerry a boost, because he sees a little more hope for a change of policy with Kerry vs Bush... dont you?
it was a smarter move than i would have expected from him...
well , i guess it goes to show.... that the bush family don't hang around with no fools...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My dealings with MEMRI are that they usually have well written Editorials, but when things like this come up, its wait and see if a credible source runs with it, as the NY Post has done. It would be different to me that say Worldnet, Freep and Rense were the only ones that had it, but they do not.

Stepping way out of the box here, considering my last reply, do you think that OBL just may be giving his reasons for attacking, since he finally said he did it? While it may be to influence the election as to talking negative about Bush, he did also mention that it does not matter who is President, but it is a matter of US policy to the Muslim world. It is not usual, for me at least, to see so many different translations of a video that has not been made public. I hate to say it, but this is ALL SPIN from both sides and it is said they would use OBL to strike fear in the Minds and Hearts of Voters.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

Isn't MEMRI a reliable source, though? I'm not sure, but it appears pretty official, and it is international.

www.memri.org...
www.memri.org...

HERE'S an article about them, with more links at the bottom.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A vote for Kerry is a Truce with Al Queda

'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy.

frontpagemag.com...
www.nypost.com...
worldnetdaily.com...
www.registerguard.com...
www.nysun.com...

[edit on 1-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OBL does not have the power to pick and choose the state or states he wants to attack. He will have to take whatever action he can. Our government has to be right all the time to stop obl, he has to be right once. Whom ever you vote for we will still be in the middle east, right or wrong. So the middle east will still hate us. But i use a lot more gasoline than i do ketchup.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
UBL mentions Sweden as the country he wouldn't attack. That makes me think that the "states" in his speech were still nation-states, not individual States of the USofA.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Stepping way out of the box here, considering my last reply, do you think that OBL just may be giving his reasons for attacking, since he finally said he did it? While it may be to influence the election as to talking negative about Bush, he did also mention that it does not matter who is President, but it is a matter of US policy to the Muslim world. It is not usual, for me at least, to see so many different translations of a video that has not been made public. I hate to say it, but this is ALL SPIN from both sides and it is said they would use OBL to strike fear in the Minds and Hearts of Voters.

I think OBL has already given his reasons for attacking us, but it was distorted and replaced with this delusion that "they hate us because we're free", or "they just hate everyone who isn't muslim". These are ridiculous assumptions, and have very little to do with the reasons these people are willing sacrifice their lives to fight us.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
A vote for Kerry is a Truce with Al Queda

- More cretinously stupid propaganda slogans.

(now if anything should, they should be filtered out!)

Thank God it's all drawing to a close.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
MONSTER'S DEADLY WARNING TO 'RED' STATES

November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.
The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.

MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
man this's some bs, i live in the south ppl omg im so surrounded by red... im filling my tank and if ne word of this goes down... well damn im headed to Canada. this america politics/news/contriversies/propoganda/'truth' hurting your head too... aye!

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Franki]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I hope he does attack Bush supporting states, myself. Actually, we could use a government overhaul. It's long overdue. We should've taken the behemoth out of commission before it got this almighty. Luckily, my state hasn't voted for a Rep. since 1972. I doubt there's any worry here...not that I'd be worried anyway. I have a better chance of being struck by lighting, than being a victim of a terror attack, unless they do have nukes.
Wouldn't it be great if the US did divide? I think it should've happened long ago.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This could really be something to watch now, if you think about it, it's actually really clever..... If this all ends up with the elections being cancelled, then it will confirm to me personally that something majors gonna happen as that was the first part of it. Interesting times....

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looks like Fox News is picking it up now. Just saw them talk about it for a second.

Update:

They actually quoted MEMRI and actually are interviewing the President of MEMRI right now. Interesting

[edit on 1-11-2004 by build319]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So what did New York do the get the 9-11 attack? It traditionally is a democrat state.

What this does is prove that Bush it hurting them. How many terror attacks have their been since 9-11?

There can be no more of a ringing endorsement for Bush than to have terrorists who planned and attacked us well before he was in office to say NOT to vote for him. If they could, they would have hit us again before the election. My feeling is that they are on the run. When killing iraqi citizens and kidnapping women is all they can do then you know they are desperate.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
So what did New York do the get the 9-11 attack? It traditionally is a democrat state.

I don't think the 9/11 attack had a specific targeted group of people. They just wanted to get our attention. But the Bush family has had long dealings with the Bin Ladens. He knows their sneaky a$$es well. Sometimes it seems that OBL is more informed about American politics than Americans are, IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join