It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Tape Threatens U.S. States : Red States in fear now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
UPDATED!

November 1, 2004 No.14

Osama Bin Laden Tape Threatens U.S. States Not to Vote for Bush
By: Yigal Carmon*

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired on Al-Jazeera(1) on Friday, October 29th included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of the upcoming election against George W. Bush. The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state")(2) to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: "Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."
The Islamist website Al-Qal'a explained what this sentence meant: "This message was a warning to every U.S. state separately. When he [Osama Bin Laden] said, 'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy. By this characterization, Sheikh Osama wants to drive a wedge in the American body, to weaken it, and he wants to divide the American people itself between enemies of Islam and the Muslims, and those who fight for us, so that he doesn't treat all American people as if they're the same. This letter will have great implications inside the American society, part of which are connected to the American elections, and part of which are connected to what will come after the elections."(3)

www.memri.org...

Oh no this is not good.

I Have had a chance to look through this and I am not sure if the translations ar right or not, but the question I have is "Why would he threaten states individually?"

GLOBAL JIHAD
Bin Laden to states:
Don't vote for Bush
Speech mistranslated by most media as threat against foreign countries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 31, 2004
9:06 p.m. Eastern

2004 WorldNetDaily.com

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired Friday on Al-Jazeera included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of Tuesday's election, according to the Arabic translators at the prestigious Middle East Media Research Center.

The U.S. media have mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state") to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., says MEMRI, while in reality bin Laden's threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. MEMRI specializes in translating Middle Eastern documents, speeches and the like for Western consumption.

Translated correctly, bin Laden's speech suggests some knowledge of the U.S. electoral college system. In fact, notes MEMRI, in one section of his speech where he harshly criticizes President Bush, bin Laden states: "Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

The Islamist website Al-Qal'a explained what this sentence meant: "This message was a warning to every U.S. state separately. When he [bin Laden] said, 'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy. By this characterization, Sheikh Osama wants to drive a wedge in the American body, to weaken it, and he wants to divide the American people itself between enemies of Islam and the Muslims, and those who fight for us, so that he doesn't treat all American people as if they're the same. This letter will have great implications inside the American society, part of which are connected to the American elections, and part of which are connected to what will come after the elections."

Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or Al-Qa'ida. Your security is in your own hands, and any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security.

worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 31-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 4-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Kerry / Bush / Bin Laden
[size=12]See Video:
www.nycsky.com...

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Chris G]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
All of this seemd two have possible thoughts in mind.

1 OBL hopes to start a desention that is to the create a civil unrest or political civil war out of fear of retaliation.

2 OBL has contacts here that will try to cause enough destruction so as to cause the US to get rid of Bush.

Edited long quote so the response would not be lost. TC.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow Ed as much as I disagree with you on some other things, that is a good find man. That pretty much explains the Bin Laden/election thing for me if it's accurate. Interesting indeed. Watch out Ohio/Florida, BinLaden is commin to blow you up if you don't skew those polls!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Oh no this is not good.

I Have had a chance to look through this and I am not sure if the translations ar right or not, but the question I have is "Why would he threaten states individually?"

At least two of us pointed this out as soon as the video aired. No one took it seriously. I guess those who were going to vote for Bush before the video will now say "No terrorist is going to tell me what to do!" And they will vote for him anyway. And those who were going to vote for Kerry will still do so with even more justification in their minds. The only ones who would really be affected by this are those who are undecided and they may just choose not to vote at all. I don't think the video will seriously change the vote. Truly has anyone changed their minds about who to vote for because of the video? I expect not many. If anything it just made their resolve stronger to do exactly what they were going to do in the first place.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Why is it we first missed the exact meaning of what was being said(media)
Now outcomes the true translation... Humm, it would appear the correction will not be aired over the networks until after the elections for the majority to see/hear. My guess will be if this tranlsation is what it implies, Once the votes come in on each state as to whom has won the electoral vote, will in fact mean to them/OBL, which States are in favor of there cause and will be secured. So once the votes start to come in and aired, We may also begin to realize the results of a Bush favored state with a terror attact for each state...

We were told by the media there was no hidden message his his Video, ya-right.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Does everyone remember the "troubling translation" of Osama's 9/11 broadcast, indicating that he had made the video BEFORE the attack? What do I think? I think we need our own arabic translator to grab the movie, and give us a better translation.

Edit: Ow. Just re-read the post. Even though it is translated by an alternate source, I still say we should get our own translator.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by waternorth]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WorlnetDaily and MEMRI could have gotten his intentions wrong.

When he talks about individual states being a threat to them, he could be talking about states who are the biggest contributers to the war against Al-Qaeda and the Arab world.

I don't know how many troops each state has in Iraq but the heaviest casualties are from:

California 128
Texas 99
Pennsylvania 60
Florida 49
Illinois 48

www.icasualties.org...

He could also be talking about States like Washington DC, where the President and the Pentagon are located.

I wish they would release the entire 18 minute video.
He may have included more information in that tape.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Watch out Ohio/Florida, BinLaden is commin to blow you up if you don't skew those polls!

I'm in Ohio and I would hate to think that my families security is in the hands of my neighbors election day choice. I'd like to point to this threat as a clear indication that the college electoral system is complete bs. In this day and age when every computer has an IP address and we all have SS numbers we still can't say 1 person 1vote? The fact that any president has ever taken office without getting more votes than his opponent is garbage.
The whole "election" concept centers on getting the most votes, but still we are lumped together because of geographic location and district lines.
I'm glad there are more Kerry/Edwards signs on my street than Bush/Cheney. Ohio has lost 232,000 jobs since Bush took office. More than any state in the country and my estute fellow ohioans will almost surely vote him back in.

doctorduh

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm also in Ohio, Dayton!!!!

I think we're first on the list!!!

Like my friend who was PR for Monsanto told me when I asked where we were on the list of first strikes?
He said," You may see the flash, but you won't hear the BOOM"!!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If UBL's ultimatum is to be interpreted to mean that he will exempt Democratic states from any future attacks, well then that means that staunch Democratic states like New York, California, Illinois, most of the states with the large metropolis's and population centres will be off his radar. This can't surely be??? Where would he be targeting then...Salt Lake City...come on?!?
Osama just wants his two cents, it's all propaganda with no truth behind it. How can he make an about face from all his former rhetoric threatening to annihilate the United States to offering an olive branch all of a sudden, especially when the US hasn't really followed a conciliatory path in the last few years??

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or Al-Qa'ida. Your security is in your own hands, and any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security. "

Maybe its just me, but as far as I can tell, it says nothing about voting against Bush. Not even FOX news has made that connection. Everything in the original post was opinion, not fact.
It would also be more convincing if this "news" came from somewhere other than a right-wing propoganda web site.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by apw100]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
I'm also in Ohio, Dayton!!!!

I think we're first on the list!!!

Like my friend who was PR for Monsanto told me when I asked where we were on the list of first strikes?
He said," You may see the flash, but you won't hear the BOOM"!!

Are you talking about a nuke??

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i think waternorth is right, we should....we should get our own translator.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So am I right in assuming that the tape implies a Kerry/Edwards/Bin Laden ticket? Thats scary I am sure its not either Kerry or Edwards intention for this to happen but in the end if you vote with your fear it becomes the first step to having Bin Laden ( and other terror groups) tell you how to run your country. Now I know at this point he is speaking about American action in Iraq etc, but we all know how he feels about the lifestyles of the infidel. Not sure what the answer is though... I think everybody should vote with their conscience not their fears or resentment.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The more I think about this (slept on it) the more I think it makes sense. Bin Ladin couldnt threaten the whole us as it would unite us. But by individual states, he doesnt boost Bush and actually gets a bump to kerry. Folks in the Tight states such as Ohio , Penn and Florida, must be thinking about this one.

Damn instead of uniting us against him , he has found a slick way to divide us.

Have to go to work so I ahve not checked if any other media has picked this up yet...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
wont obl be surprised if kerry wins and continues the 'war on terror'....'cause of course he will. troops totals in iraq are up to 142,000. (2nd cav was suppose to leave in nov but their vacation has been extended 2 months.....) this is said to provide security for upcoming elections.

like its a big surprise that there was a 'mis-translation'....was it really obl??? was it really his voice?? ...we will never know...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Here's how I see this.

1. I wouldn't trust anything he says.
2. if this translation is accurate, New York State, which will got to Kerry, should be safe from terror.

ok, first off, this is a mass murderer who hates Israel, Jews, Westerners, the US, any muslims that don't follow his brand of fundamentalism, small kittens and baseball. Did I miss anyone or anything?

On Wednesday, when the elections are over and NY has gone for Kerry, does anyone really think a terror strike in the heart of the global economy will be ruled out because the locals voted against bush?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think the only thing breaking is this story. Are you telling me that everyone, even Aljazeera
got the translation wrong except for the ultra-rightwing Middle East Media Research Institute?
And the only news organizations brave enough to report this is The World Net Daily and Fox's NY Post?

Somebody definately mistranslated that speech all right. The 'respected' Middle East Media Research Institute.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
wont obl be surprised if kerry wins and continues the 'war on terror'....'cause of course he will.

i'm not sure OBL would be 'surprized' of a Kerry led military strike...
(as Sen Kerry, pledged to continue the war...albiet a 'smarter war'...)

the Quizzical Paradox of the OBL message (threat)
is that OBL threatens a campaign on 'any and all, that threaten our security'
* you may parse his sentences with different meanings
* you may infer many intents

but, in the final analysis, OBLs message means- YOU (usa, israel, uk, & coalition of the willing) are my enemy & foe & infidels....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join