It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Website Find, from cave-paintings to the internet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Deja Vu all over again: Just doing a bump to the thread. Figure if one more person clicks on it and finds the amazing website then this bump is worth it.

Jeremy Norman never answered my email. I haven't phoned him yet, and hope he's still among the living. He's provided a great website with so much information that it does need a few hours to explore the caverns and caves he has electronically carved out.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wow! amazing site, lots and lots of information to absorb, I will be there for some time.

Did you manage to get hold of this person to join here ? It would be great to speak to this person.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaart
Wow! amazing site, lots and lots of information to absorb, I will be there for some time.

Did you manage to get hold of this person to join here ? It would be great to speak to this person.

Thanks! I like the site alot, although I have yet to spend the time needed to even get into the hallway and hang up your hat. He may have looked at the thread, but I take it he is kind of private about his hobby (the website). I did promise to link him up to threads here which may be useful to his work. The long histories, the massive threads in ancient civilizations, and some of the newer stuff and threads (graphene may be a good one, as that may be "the next big thing" for a week or until the next big thing comes along - although multi-verses confirmed by science seems to be the big thing right now, at least imnho). So if you would like to absorb his site a bit more and then suggest threads which may be beneficial to the genius working silently behind it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
WOW!
What an awesome site!! Thank you for posting this, I'm forwarding it to my dad, he'll love it!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

samara11278
WOW!
What an awesome site!! Thank you for posting this, I'm forwarding it to my dad, he'll love it!

I'm a little late back to the party, but you are welcome. I hope your dad finds it as interesting as some people here have. The website owner may like Slayer's well-presented nine-part history lesson, which I would also recommend if someone hasn't dove into it.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
going to bump this because I mentioned it in a thread, and some people who haven't looked at it might enjoy the site as much as I and some others do. I still haven't spent the quality time needed to wrap my head around the whole site. And if you look at it and start to explore, remember, this is all one guy who did this and as far as I know is still working on it - as a hobby! He'd be great to have as one of ATS's one-on-one threads, to ask questions of, but yeah, if you haven't checked it out, you won't regret it.

Go to the OP, the first post, for several links to his various site areas. I'll link the first OP of this thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com... (several links within the first OP written as I was exploring his site, just scratching the top of the varnish on the surface actually)
edit on 6-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Jeremy Norman has a whole new Home page on the site since I last looked, and it's chock-full of links to interesting stories.

www.historyofinformation.com...

And it seems he's on Facebook now. Good, his site should have so much publicity that 60 Minutes should do a story on it. People could spend days in there and not come out for food or drink (well, maybe drink).

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
One single EMP Blast and we loose all of our electronically stored information and will wish we would have carved some into caves.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Skyfloating
One single EMP Blast and we loose all of our electronically stored information and will wish we would have carved some into caves.

True. A publisher should bring out an entire series of books (I've heard of ancient myths about things called encyclopedias) with page copies of Norman's site. Scary to think about losing such a large cache of knowledge - multiplied by millions when the entire web is considered. I hope he has his site on several servers.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
great site, thanks... bumping so more people find it too

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

ladyteeny
great site, thanks... bumping so more people find it too

Thanks. I have yet to spend the proper time in it to get the entire feel of the place. It probably has nooks and crannies that even the single creator and author has forgotten about.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

awesome, ty.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thank you!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Wow, Aleister, what a brilliant site!
I know what I'm going to be reading for the next wee while

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ty people of ATS, I have learned so many intriguing things while snooping around and have formed a great deal of respect for the members who contribute all this wonderful content. I always wonder how much of the puzzle we are missing but am optimistic that inquisitive minds will find a great many pieces in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

beansidhe

I know what I'm going to be reading for the next wee while

Thanks everyone, my pleasure, but don't praise the messenger. I was lucky to come across the site on another site. beansidhe, if you do spend some time in it can you tell us about your site-seeing? And send out for sandwiches every once in awhile, but yes, stay in therey for weeks. Then let us know what you find. Long ago I did talk to Jeremy Norman and told him about this thread, and he said he was doing it mainly for himself and wasn't used to anyone thanking him. Looks like he went on facebook and got himself some more assistance on the website presentation, and I would hope his accomplishment is well honored and seen by many more thousands. He deserves accolades, what an amazing accomplishment (and he seems to add to it daily).
edit on 16-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If you hear the hoot of an owl, you'll know I'm wandering aimlessly somewhere between the Neolithic and the Bronze Age, but I'm sure I'll find my way home! Yes, I'll definitely let you know what I find in there, no problems.
I'm so glad you linked this, it's really great.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Hi Aleister, I had to post for a couple of reasons....
1) I haven't even looked at the link yet, but it sounds like an amazing site. I can't wait to dive in and explore.

2) and equally, or even more importantly....(insert drum roll here)... your enthusiasm is wonderfully refreshing and contagious!

Thank you for the link, which will lead to many more links, and a great deal of time spent by myself reading and learning new "stuff". For this I Thank You.

I wish you all the best my friend,
Live large and smile often.
Aft

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Aleister, thanks again for the links to Norman's sites. I've had a couple of days to start going through the history site and one thing jumped out at me right away, Norman has done an exceptional job keeping conjecture out the site. I think some people who have enough of an interest in this subject matter to put in the time that he's obviously put in not only on the site itself but also on the research and analysis might be tempted to inject their own opinion into the site especially regarding timelines but Norman has not done that, at least not in the parts I've read so far.

The map function is incredible, I could spend days on that part of the site alone.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

My pleasure. Your analysis of Norman working on his chosen hobby and task, but somehow keeping his own views and guesses away from the flow of information, is commendable (both on his part and yours). I wonder if he consciously knows that about his work. And yes, the maps, from what I've looked at them, are an encyclopedia in themselves. Jeremy Norman is reachable, you can give him a call anytime, and maybe I'm due to do so again (I talked to him once, and he is humble about his hobby but when he warmed up he can enthusiastically share his knowledge in-person as well as on his pages). Slayer and he would probably have a great talk (Slayer is one of, if not the, ancient civilization enthusiast on ATS).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join