Giant Hole In Dormont Reveals 3 Huge Mystery Containers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Speculation is the 8-foot –thick concrete structures were part of an underground storm drainage system.

“It appears that they were there for storm drainage purposes probably for the road,” Naftal said. “We’re not sure of that exactly, because we haven’t fully excavated, so we don’t know that for sure.”

Its seems it might just turn out to be something pretty boring.

Water doesn't need 8 FOOT THICK CONCRETE. I used to design formwork for cast in place concrete construction and do rebar detailing for drainage improvements. Concrete in that application is less than two feet thick.

Eight foot thick concrete is used in military pill boxes and ammo dumps and other applications that need to withstand explosive force.
edit on 3-10-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for more words.
edit on 3-10-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for even more words.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

They found Cthulhu's lair? Uh-Oh!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
This must be a conspiracy. It must be aliens, or republicans or North Korea or comets or Bigfoot. It just must be, it could not just simply be an old structure that collapsed. That would be too boring.

It's Bush's fault.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Obviously we are never going to know what they are because no one can even make up their mind if they're looking at containers or drainage. They'll end up om the bottom of the Atlantic and yes I'm suffering from extreme bouts of cynicism lately.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Water doesn't need 8 FOOT THICK CONCRETE

I concur. No matter what anyone says this is one screwed up story.

" No one was around when they were made " WTF is that ? Giant sinkhole ? Doesn't look like it's big enough to be called giant to me. Giant septic tank ? They've only given information that begs for more information. Like are there any markings anywhere to indicate a company or even modern man ?

SnF for bringing this forward OP ! I smell cover up.yuc yuc.

I found more here.
edit on 11-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Box Culvert
Retention Basins

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe its a fallout shelter from the cold war, there might be people that have been down there since the Cuban missle crisis..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey there OP I'm still following your thread from the sidelines with interest and pleased to see you managed to get the title changed without any fuss.

I was just wondering if there are any plans to open up these containers in order to confirm the contents/purpose or if the local PTB just plan to re-bury them and pretend they never existed again ... as appears to have been the case originally/previously.

It isn't even a case of looking for some far-fetched drama or conspiratorial explanation ... even if it's something mundane I think the people of Dormont have a right to know what's buried below them ... and if there are likely to be any more holes opening up underfoot because of buried containers ... if it's happened once it could happen again surely ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They are Box Culvert Retention/Detention Basins

www.google.com...,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dmQ&biw=1241&bih= 584&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=HhU-Uc_GGYiW0QH28YD4Cg#um=1&hl=en&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS465US466&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=box+culvert&oq=box+culv ert&gs_l=img.12..0l8j0i5l2.28455.28796.7.30506.2.2.0.0.0.0.96.171.2.2.0...0.0...1c.1.5.img.XRUxk5Efe_I&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dmQ&fp =64aba18ea0b35515&biw=1241&bih=584

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I can't believe no one has said it yet. I'm calling it, Hoffa. any number of buried victims from the mob could be down there.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Hey paratus, and any others who have construction experience, I have a question I wonder if you would answer for me.

I googled the above search term which you posted and had a look at the google images page, and I definitely see the resemblance between box culvert detention basins and the description of the "boxes" from the OP/video. But I didn't see any images of such box culverts with 8-foot thick walls. When and why would such a box culvert require such thick walls?

Like I said before, the only application I've ever heard of which *specifically requires 8-foot-thick concrete* is gamma ray shielding, and my source on that is just a high school physics teacher so it could be inaccurate or an exaggeration. I'm just curious why they put such thick walls.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thesamelight

Lol, I won't go back and double-check, but I could swear I've already heard that name mentioned three times in this thread... but that could just be my imagination.

I am leaning toward them being wastewater retention, and the black sludge being a sort of boglike substance formed by sixty-something autumns worth of fallen leaves (and other wastes/pollutants) washing down in there and decomposing.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Maybe its a fallout shelter from the cold war, there might be people that have been down there since the Cuban missle crisis..

Oh my god, maybe they will find Brendan Fraser. I always wondered where he disappeared to...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here is the most recent update. I really don't think this is a big deal story, no offense to the OP. Really glad this happened now and not during the summer when the lot is packed. Dormont Concrete Boxes

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesamelight
I can't believe no one has said it yet. I'm calling it, Hoffa. any number of buried victims from the mob could be down there.

When I drew steel form work for concrete construction, we would schematically show the concrete in place from previous pours. Often I would draw a stick skeleton in the concrete and label it Jimmy Hoffa by contractor. Dead men are common on concrete construction projects. They are heavy weights used to hold guy wires and various kinds of braces to secure the forms. It's a slow night.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is a recent box culvert under construction using wood form work. A road will eventually run perpendicularly over it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is a recent box culvert under construction using wood form work. A road will eventually run perpendicularly over it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

thanks for the help! unfortunately this story seems to have died, i haven't been able to dig up any new info on it, there don't seem to be any follow-up stories.

it would be great if someone who lives in that area could check it out

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If this is some simple mundane drainage system etc then surely it will be easy enough to check-out with city/council officials or plans and other city documentation ... let's face it whoever placed these three containers underground in that spot for whatever purpose they must have had permission from someone in authority at the time.

Your faith in the efficiency of government permit tracking is very cute....
Speaking from experience, these records (when they exist at all) are often the equivalent of Indiana Jones' search for the Ark....(and you'd be amazed how much is done without official permits, especially over a decade ago....

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If this is some simple mundane drainage system etc then surely it will be easy enough to check-out with city/council officials or plans and other city documentation ... let's face it whoever placed these three containers underground in that spot for whatever purpose they must have had permission from someone in authority at the time.

Your faith in the efficiency of government permit tracking is very cute....
Speaking from experience, these records (when they exist at all) are often the equivalent of Indiana Jones' search for the Ark....(and you'd be amazed how much is done without official permits, especially over a decade ago....

Hey there Gazrok

Even as a 'wise-woman' I like to maintain a little naivety (just to keep my faith cute you understand
).

Joking aside I know you're right ... official paperwork get's 'lost' and things get passed unnoticed all the time ... it's just that when something like this turns up unexpectedly the mystery whet's my appetite and my intrigue is peaked ... besides all that I'm basically just a nosey witch who likes to know what's buried underfoot.

What's your personal take on the containers ... how long do you think they may have been down there ... do you think there may be others elsewhere in Dormont that could also cave-in as has happened in the car park near the pool ?

Woody

<< 1    3 >>

join