It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panspermia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Dont get me wrong here...
I belive its either Panspermia OR abiogenisis.
But abiogenisis is imho MORE plausible than
panspermia..

Panspermia just moves the abiogenesis part to some other location. Now, if that location is outside our solar system.. just how long would it take for it to get here? I'm with you, abiogenesis right here is much more plausible..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have a thought about BOTH being possible.

The material HAS to form somewere.
Yes i belive AbG is the dominate one
but, panspermia has its potential to
seed worlds aswell...

Is there a problem with having both?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

But abiogenisis is imho MORE plausible than panspermia.

Absolutely, since the physical and chemical resources at hand seem more abundant on our rocky, wet planet than among the dust-clouds. But Druscilla is right; we can't say for sure yet. We may never be able to.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Soo, a threeway then..
A rock
A planet
And Life

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Frozen water in space had to originate from liquid water.
If our planet were to be smashed by another object our oceans, full of life, would be spewed into space and frozen into countless pieces that would then be comets. The lava and crust debis field would be similar to an asteroid belt.
That "contaminated" with life material can then be transferred to any environment friendly to life that is either pristine or already has life.
I would assume this has happened countless times the seeds of life are floating everywhere "contaminating" everything everywhere.
Panspermia

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey OP,
The questions you ask transcend the limits of logic and reason. We can't even fathom the size of out galaxy, let alone the Universe, let alone the bigger Universe that our Universe sits in next to all the other possible countless mult-verses.

I do think humans were genetically engineered by a more advanced race of beings, however trying to find the origins of life itself amongst multi-verses is something science will be looking for, for the next 10,000 plus years. You won't find out in your lifetime. After-life will show you when and how

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
For the believers in this theory.

Note, yes it IS possible but:

From WHERE, and HOW did it come to be THERE?

If you can answer that then i think we can establish
a theory of abiogenisis too.

Because, if it could START there, then why couldnt it
have started HERE aswell?

One of the Dr.s (I forget his name but I think it's his theory) thats pushing this theory says that these viruses come from space and in particular, are "scraped" out of the sky by the Himalayas Mountains. The theory goes that the bacteria migrates through space driven by solar winds. Not just particles being blown around by our local sun, but particles blown from deep interstellar space (like Super Nova) that just happen to come our way. Once our gravity starts pulling the particles toward our planet, it's trapped in the upper atmospheric layers eventually sinking down to lower levels. At the lowest levels they can be slowed down by the reach of the tallest mountains, the Himalayas, and finally drop down into our atmosphere. This is why most all the more virulent viruses, or so called "Bird Flues" start in Asia near this particular mountain range. We have no natural defenses to these "alien" viruses because they do not originate from this planet and have no local DNA in them. The 1918 strain of flu virus had to run its course and kill it's self off or we probably won't be here right now. Sure seems to fit.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
This is why most all the more virulent viruses, or so called "Bird Flues" start in Asia near this particular mountain range. We have no natural defenses to these "alien" viruses because they do not originate from this planet and have no local DNA in them. The 1918 strain of flu virus had to run its course and kill it's self off or we probably won't be here right now. Sure seems to fit.

So much misinfo. All flu pandemics are caused by Influenza A viruses. You can read about them for example here. Wikipedia has a good list of relatively recent outbreaks (most of them didn't start anywhere near the Himalayas). The first link of course contradicts everything else you wrote.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Panspermia seems very unlikely in my opinion. One example was brought up in this thread. A comet collecting chemicals through space gets zip-zapped by high levels of radiation....and wah lah we have the building blocks of life. Concluding from that; These building blocks get blasted on a certain planet (Earth) when the comet hit's that planet (Earth)? These building blocks find just the right conditions... and wah lah you have life on Earth.

This theory doesn't seem to be Panspermia at all, because the only difference between Panspermia and Abiogenesis is where did the emergence of life happen. Was it on Earth or not on Earth? The emergence of life in this scenario happens on Earth.

The real version of Panspermia is life travels to Earth in some form or fashion, fully formed.
This, in my opinion, seems much more unlikely. Life would have to travel very long distances, survive extreme conditions, survive some sort of collision, and be tailor made for our planet.

There is another version. This planet was intentionally seeded with life. In that case the whole process is controlled by some form of intelligence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join