It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Gross - Sudden bout of Pan Dermatitis - HELP? Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So's I suddenly became afflicted with something called pan dermatitis, aka insanely dry cracking peeling skin - it is on my palm and looks hideous. Been to the quack dermo doc who gave me some steroids but they do nothing. It is more just gross looking than anything else but people see your hands daily and I'm sick of the looks.
Anyone have any suggestions for this crazy dry skin?

CJ

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My only short term suggestion would be something I saw some drivers do in trucking for this. Gloves.

I don't mean make a spectacle of yourself with mittens or latex surgical gloves like a criminal about to strike... Naww... I was surprised to see on other drivers, how subtle and understated the finger less 'driving gloves' can be. Almost unnoticeable and especially in the colder months.

If anyone asks? You have a skin sensitivity issue, which is also one I've heard used in relation. It's not a bad excuse ...and doesn't invite tons of questions to something I'm sure you'd prefer remain forgotten in daily life.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
make sure you dont use products containing sodium laurel sulphates as its a De-greaser and will dry out your skin by stripping it of oils, stress is another thing that can make it worse and spend some time to see if certain products cause the effects by not using them for a day and see if things get better

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi, I'm not sure if it would help in your case, but I have found Pond’s Dry Skin Cream does wonders for my daughter's eczema.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I have extremely dry, cracked skin on my hands and my dematologist told me to try a moisturizer called cutemol (accent on the e). You massage it into your hands for a few minutes. You can find it on the net. I get mine from Amazon. I use it at bedtime. Works like a champ for me.

Also, dry your hands throughly when they are wet. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would suggest you do some research and stop using chemically based cleaning products.

Dry skin, chronic irritation, eczema and psoriasis are possible causes of neurodermatitis.[7]

Studies have shown that long term use of topical steroid cream, often used to treat atopic dermatitis, can make the condition much worse. Total cessation of the use of topical steroid cream can lead to cure, although there is a period of severe 'rebound' between the cessation of the use of topical steroid cream and the cure.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Thanks everyone! I really need to get this baloney under control and I appreciate the suggestions!

CJ

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hi ColoradoJens,

I have eczema and the best thing I have found over the counter is Eucerin Intensive Care. They carry it at my Safeway and Walgreens and I buy the big bottle like this one. I slather it on every morning right after I shower and I keep a smaller tube at work to use after I wash my hands in the restroom. I have learned to stay away from any scented lotions as they smell nice but just dry my skin out. I stay far away from Bath and Body Works - I'm afraid their lovely scented lotions are just terrible for my skin.

Another good lotion is Aveeno but the Eucerin Intensive Care is the best when symptoms are bad.

As far as the steroid cremes, I use Topicort when it gets very itchy. Over the counter Cortizone 10 works just about as well and doesn't need a prescription.

Hope this helps!
Gwynnhwyfar

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
there is one answer that always works...no matter who you are:

ALOE-VERA

you can get 100% aloe vera from any health store...
its so pure and natural, soothing and effective.

honestly try it now

get the skin gel
it looks like this
www.discount-supplements.co.uk...

i dont know why people dont use it...its the only type to actually heal and work...everything else, all those chemical ones posted above,,, are just temporary.
edit on 9-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Thanks everyone! I really need to get this baloney under control and I appreciate the suggestions!

CJ

do you have them anywhere else, or just on your palms?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Just one palm. Came out of nowhere. I'll have to give the aloe a try. Thanks!

CJ

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There is a cream, Lucas Papaw. Ointment, From Australia. It comes in a red tube and is made from papaya I believe. I had a doctor friend with chronic severe dermatitis on her hands, made worse by constant washing, and she tried everything over the years to stop her bleeding and cracked skin...the paw paw cream cleared her skin when nothing else did. It's hard to find in the US, but I recall drugstore dot com , amazon, or similar online pharmacies having it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I used to get contact dermatitis off and on ...and eczema in the winter.

I have upped my intake of good oils, like flax and coconut oil.
Moisturizing the skin from the inside out....this year? No problems with the eczema.
And the contact dermatitis is much less severe....and crops up much less frequently.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ColoradoJens
My Uncle gets pan dermatitis also but he cleared it..He went to the pharmacy and bought those thin white cotton gloves them stooped at the grocery store and bought a can of Crisco the white lard looking stuff he put the Crisco on his hands at night lots of it rubbed it in put the gloves on and 3 days its gone it also stopped the itch its a old farm cure that works give it a try you will be surprised and its cheap
peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

join