Massive sunspot that produced far side blast cresting...... and 2 Satellites Collide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A russian Satellite collided with a piece of a Chineese satellite, on Jan 22nd. Has anyone else heard of this collision? Why is it not in the news? I remember when the last Russian sateillite fell it made head lines across the world. They have detected a change in the orbit,. Where is it headed up down? Btw the cause of this was a test of anti satellite technology.

The collision wasn’t reported until February 4, 2013 when engineers at the Institute for Precision Instrument Engineering (IPIE) in Moscow reported to CSSI a significant change in the orbit for their BLITS satellite. BLITS is tracked to high precision by the International Laser Ranging Service (ILRS), and IPIE had detected a sudden decrease of 120 meters in the semi-major axis of its orbit and a change in its spin velocity and attitude

[url.abovetopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret[/url]

What about the Sunspot cresting on the eastern limb of the sun? This is the sunspot responsable for the massive blast on the far side of the sun 4 days ago.

That was a mighty blast. I do not believe there is anyway to measure the size of a blast, on the far side. but it sure appeared to be one of the largest I have ever seen. The speed of the blast was measured, it left the sun at over 1000 km/s and reached the Orbital plane of Earth (where earth could have been if it were a Earth facing blast) at over 900 km/s. Here is a quoted text from a earlier report.

Solar wind - speed, in Yellow, still coming down from the coronal stream, but hopefully not much lower. It's not good to see the solar wind below 300 kilometers per second either. And if I can quickly focus on the opposite side of that spectrum, speedy solar wind (the type that erupted out of yesterday's massive, backside CME), you recognize the "density" ENLIL Spiral. Earth is the yellow dot showing a miss from the CME, so let's see a different one, the "speed" ENLIL Spiral; in my opinion, only valuable for what I'm about to do. The second orbit line is almost perfectly Earth's orbit. So judging the speed at Earth's orbit will tell us what you might expect if it had hit Earth. With the legend below, this left the Sun well over 1000 km/s and appears to be "white" and "pink" at Earth's orbit. The far right panel is best though, because it only shows Earth's orbit. I see definite white, perhaps even a little gray. This CME would have hit at over 900 km/s; we just don't see things like this at our planet but every once in a great while. And while nobody can definitively say what would've happened it hit Earth, it's possible this could've been it.

I just have to wonder if this sunspot's activity is over, or what are the magnetic properties of it are at this time?After seeing the far side blast, I can't help but be apprehensive about what could be in store for the next week.
edit on 9-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

What;s that "report" from? Because it doesn't sound like it was written by someone who knows what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

About Nancy Atkinson Nancy Atkinson is Universe Today's Senior Editor. She also is the host of the NASA Lunar Science Institute podcast and works with the Astronomy Cast and 365 Days of Astronomy podcasts. Nancy is also a NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador.

Sounds pretty credible..

From the link provided.
edit on 9-3-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

its a quote from suspicious0bserver on youtube channel.
he knows what he's talking about...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Which report? I had to pull the link. I am in a disscussion with staff because the link is a daily link. They are trying to find a format that avoid's a possible spaming issue for repeated post.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There have been a few big blowouts of the sun opposite of the earth in the last year. If these blowouts were on the earths side when they happened we would have lost power for a while in more than a few places and the whole sky would be aglow at night. I wonder what is keeping this from happening on this side. I wonder if the energy created by this planet cancels out the blasts this way somehow. Energy seems to flow towards lack of energy and magnetic energy can reflect or attract magnetic energy depending on the polarity. At a certain point it forms sort of a halo as it starts to agglutinate together. I'm mixing the scientific languages here, partially learning all of them plus regular English can be a downfall. Why do they have so many words for basically the same thing anyway

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was talking about this part of the OP.
That's not from the link provided.......She didn't write that.

Solar wind - speed, in Yellow, still coming down from the coronal stream, but hopefully not much lower. It's not good to see the solar wind below 300 kilometers per second either. And if I can quickly focus on the opposite side of that spectrum, speedy solar wind (the type that erupted out of yesterday's massive, backside CME), you recognize the "density" ENLIL Spiral. Earth is the yellow dot showing a miss from the CME, so let's see a different one, the "speed" ENLIL Spiral; in my opinion, only valuable for what I'm about to do. The second orbit line is almost perfectly Earth's orbit. So judging the speed at Earth's orbit will tell us what you might expect if it had hit Earth. With the legend below, this left the Sun well over 1000 km/s and appears to be "white" and "pink" at Earth's orbit. The far right panel is best though, because it only shows Earth's orbit. I see definite white, perhaps even a little gray. This CME would have hit at over 900 km/s; we just don't see things like this at our planet but every once in a great while. And while nobody can definitively say what would've happened it hit Earth, it's possible this could've been it.

There was no source cited for this.

edit on 9-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Here you go, this is a link that has already been posted. I can't post today's. The staff hasn't given any premission yet to post new videos.

Here's the source that was sited.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here's a bit more:

On February 4, 2013, Dr. Vasiliy Yurasov and Dr. Andrey Nazarenko working with the Institute for Precision Instrument Engineering (IPIE) in Moscow, reported a significant change in the orbit of the BLITS Satellite. A sudden 120-meter decrease in mean altitude and a change in spin rate and orientation was observed. The satellite was no longer trackable via laser ranging and Yurasov and Nazarenko began an optical and photometric analysis that determined that the sudden orbit change occurred on January 22 at approximately 7:57 UTC. The spin period of the satellite was 2.1 seconds.

www.spaceflight101.com...

Interesting. Lot's of 'what if's', how come's' here. Almost sounds like it hit an air pocket or void or something.
edit on 9-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Yep, I don't like a bunch of If's I would like to hear some answer's. Nice artical, but this happen Jan 22nd one of my biggest problem's is that this is the first we have heard about it. So my question is WHY afterall isn't this news?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Had to add this from another site as I thought it was a bit comical:

The U.S. Air Force will launch the first-ever satellite dedicated solely to tracking the positions of other satellites and the thousands of pieces of space debris in Earth orbit. The $500 million Space-Based Space Surveillance satellite, scheduled for a July 8 (2010) launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base, in California, will continuously monitor the “traffic” around the Earth, providing an unobstructed view day or night. Currently, the ground-based radar and optical telescopes used to track satellites and space junk can only be used on clear nights, and not all the observatories are powerful enough to detect objects in high or geosynchronous orbits.

*snip*
It is hoped the new SBSS satellite will increase the capabilities to help avoid future collisions.

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

Apparently, it isn't perfected yet.
edit on 9-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I hope the launch it on a clear night, so they don't hit anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

They have detected a change in the orbit,. Where is it headed up down?
A change in orbit does not mean it is "headed up" or down.

the cause of this was a test of anti satellite technology.
The cause was a collision with orbital debris.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A change in orbit does not mean it is "headed up" or down

Oh God here we go again.

I just quoted a source.

On February 4, 2013, Dr. Vasiliy Yurasov and Dr. Andrey Nazarenko working with the Institute for Precision Instrument Engineering (IPIE) in Moscow, reported a significant change in the orbit of the BLITS Satellite. A sudden 120-meter decrease in mean altitude and a change in spin rate and orientation was observed. The satellite was no longer trackable via laser ranging and Yurasov and Nazarenko began an optical and photometric analysis that determined that the sudden orbit change occurred on January 22 at approximately 7:57 UTC. The spin period of the satellite was 2.1 seconds

[url.abovetopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret[/url ]

The cause was a collision with orbital debris

Agreed, the first source said the debris were cause by a anti sateillite missle test.

According to Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI), the Center for Space Standards and Innovation (CSSI) has determined that on January 22, 2013 debris from the Chinese FENGYUN 1C collided with Russia’s BLITS satellite. The FENGYUAN 1C is the satellite that was destroyed by China on January 11, 2007 in a test of an anti-satellite missile. The collision changed the orbit of the Russian satellite, along with its spin velocity and attitude

Ok I will try to head your next one off. The title said 2 satellites, I will grant that one was debris. But anything that orbits the Earth is a sateilite.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What I would really like to know is your view on the sunspot. That would be important.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

What I would really like to know is your view on the sunspot. That would be important.
That's the old region 1678, coming back around. Forecast is for an increase of probabilities of M class flares because of it. Until it's magnetically classified not much else to say about it.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks that's what I heard, I also heard they might have the magnitics by sunday. That about right?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The region has been numbered 1692 and has an alpha configuration.
That magnetic classification may change as we get a better look at it.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 3/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank's for the update,phage

CNN had some news on the satellite.....

BLITS is a small glass sphere that reflected laser beams for research.

[url.abovrtopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret[/url]

So nothing there either, sleep well folks.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey phage just checked your link from spaceweather live this morning. Am I looking at it wrong, or are they showing the same Active regions & Magnetogram pics for sunspots 1692, and 1694?

BTW I have stopped the news, they info you gave me has caused enough doubt in my mind. At this point I believe you.
edit on 11-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join