It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word About Trolls.....Keep Calling Them Out.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Take a look at my points, I think I was actually at a negative once or twice before for posting violations.!

I have called out trolls and I have been attacked, points deducted (not that I care) and I have received notices about my behavior and actions leading to banning,

If it walks like a duck keep calling 'em out boys!
edit on 10-3-2013 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If anyone doesn't believe or think paid trolls exist, than you are not denying ignorance you are accepting it

here are a few examples

www.infowars.com...

www.newstatesman.com...

www.thedailydigest.org...

www.infowars.com...

The strongest form of trolling watch this vid Can Google Change History?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

this is too funny

Do you think it is legal to post it in a thread on ATS, i'm unfortunately having an issue with one?

Btw, do you people remember the 90's, when trolls were intelligent, witty people who just wanted to have a good time surfing and made other people laugh? Not the negative gnomes and shills we see today.... i miss those days.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

I'd like to see someone show me a paycheck from someone who is 'payed' to do this. What is their job title and what they are getting payed. Because there's a lot of talk about this but not much proof to back it up. I mean I agree some posters try to 'derail' a thread but are they really being 'payed'?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

A good point there, yes we need a whistle blower with some solid proof. Documents could be submitted from a public computer if that person needs to remain hidden.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is just ridiculous. Are you trolling me? Am I being trolled right now?

Hello?
How did I get in this box?!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

reply to post by NoJoker13

I'm quoting my own post here from a previous page, but the simple answer is many trolls work for public relations agencies and the in-house marketing departments of both corporate and government offices. Silly really. Get a college degree, go work in public relations or marketing somewhere and do troll work among other job functions.

Originally posted by Jason88
Want to know where paid trolls work? Public relations agencies throughout the globe. If you were to join one of these PR firms as a junior associate, part of your job is to influence opinions about your clients - whether it be governments, corporations or non-profits. And yes, the comments sections are part of a larger strategy to influence society about the opinions of the paying party. They've been doing it since around 2006 when PR bosses decided to attack comments sections and forums.

Another thing to think about, these junior associates at PR firms are college educated and typically pretty bright. They map out comment/response plans for clients, with client input, so before stories or posts are written they already have a plan to deal with the honest public.

An example - say I work for Coke Cola and an ATS thread pops up that's anti-sugar, anti-Coke, anti-obesity. I'll have a Google Alert set (say "coke" + "obesity"), and since ATS threads are indexed by Google, I'll know pretty quick -within a day- about a potentially negative conversation happening about Coke. Now Coke doesn't pay me be a shill or disinfo agent - they pay me to keep them in the conversation and in a positive light while filling the role of "crisis communications." So I get that Google Alert - I join ATS - figure out the requirements fast and jump into the conversation and start blaming lack of exercise, self control, and laziness for the obesity problem while moving the conversation away from Coke. Now Coke has 50 people like me, who do lots of others things for Coke in the media, but using the comment sections/forums does occupy a part of each day for each hired hand.

Ethically, people who do this should identify themselves as representing the company/government (and some do), but overall it's an abused system.

Edit: I just have to share this too. I know first hand of a CEO at a known company who goes crazy in the comments sections, and have heard stories of other senior people who do this. So if you think paid trolls all live in a dark corner of the web or in some dirty Internet cafe - you'd be wrong, some are in corner offices, others in cube farms at "respectable" organizations.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by vkey08

Actually think about what it must take to be a paid shill? If you were a rational intelligent human being wouldn't it eat at your soul? I suspect any agency that operates a paid shill opinion formation center would screen people and pick them based on there personality to reduce turnover and undesirable questions.

That just seems logical to me. And people with emotional and personal issues of various types would more adequately fit the bill.
edit on 9-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: Corrected terminology

Thanks for your post, I agree with you!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyoshi
"Internet trolls, also known as “paid posters” or “paid bloggers,” are increasingly being employed by private corporations as well as by government. In fact, it is a rapidly growing industry.
www.alt-market.com...
Good post, OP.

For the record, there is an earlier thread on this topic here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well this was a first. I never gave thought to it. A troll posted with my quote, only changed my quote to be a slur! Thats scary. Just think how far a psychopath could really go with that, if they wanted.
A cosmic hint for me to be scarce, here.

So much for the 'alert' feature.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Eedjee because: #

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

It would seem that many have an agenda. I would like to ask. Does the Merry band of nutters, those that try force there religiouse doctrine on everybody count as trolls?

Why is it that on almost all posts that were Everything is labled as Satanists, Evil and the Antichrist. These people selling fear are trolls, spreading dark misinformation of fear.

Why don't they find a church forum where they can preach their Dogma !

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49

...spreading dark misinformation of fear. Why don't they find a church forum where they can preach their Dogma !

Rather than telling other people they should not post on the site that you are reading,
Why don't YOU go read a site you like rather than the one with what you call misinformation?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I'm surprised your post hasn't received any stars. here's one from me as you sum it up very well

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Do you finally see what I'm trying to get at, or do you need it spelled out?

I think I do, lack of attention to their profile makes one a troll or should be suspected as one.

Is that what your saying.

If so someone needs to pay me

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Thank you everyone....quite amused that people thought I might be 'one of them.'
The points regarding 'point out wrong then you must be wrong yourself.' This doesn't make much sense to me.

If point out a dangerous driver this does not make a dangerous driver too!

edit on 28-11-2013 by cyoshi because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join