All people really want to be is Slaves or be the Enslavers.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The system sucks. I look at most work environments as extentions of grade school behavior.

I was thinking thinking this the other day. Explains the real reason for school. To teach the system of subjugation.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Dude, it's not even close to that. I wish it was, then I can do my dang job. Try, being yelled at every day!

I'm not in the military.

But, so it seems.

They have no care in the world that I have no electric as there lives passes on.

I have more pressing things to worry about.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Dude, it's not even close to that. I wish it was, then I can do my dang job. Try, being yelled at every day!

I'm not in the military.

But so it it seems.

I have been yelled at and demeaned before. Fortunately, I kept looking and found a job where it doesn't occur as much. Still, in many other ways, it does. I am with you Manhater, most work environments are horrible and I'm sorry to hear you are in a bad one right now. Tune it out as much as you can but know it won't stop.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I'm, dreading work. And I don't want call, after they called tonight. I'm afraid to ask... What time...or What for...That, in itself is sad.

Last time I made a formal a complaint, I was written up in that same Week. Imagine if I say something again.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

God forib mif I* am right

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My electric is still off, If anyone cares.

Glad you have it rough.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If you're unhappy with your job. Jack it in. It's always possible to earn a crust.
I've worked on the railway for 20 years now. The last 3 have been awful.
I'm 44 and just this week handed in my notice to go and work as a courier.
Sure it's scary. Sure it'll be tough for a while, but nothing is as good as being in charge of your own life.

The world is chock full of people who'll let you down. Good friends are so rare. Until you have some just be wolfish and look after no 1. Keep moving on when things suck. It might not always be comfortable, but it'll mean living life on your terms, no one else's.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Thought-provoking thread, AthlonS'.
I don't think there's any escaping the Enslaver & Enslaved game... Even choosing to isolate oneself on an otherwise deserted island...the elements can dictate your "freedom".
Wishing for an entirely fair and equitable government, society, world...universe...is such a pipe-dream, though, that I don't think we could find two people to even agree on what it should look like.
Any time someone-else is making any decision...that affects you...you are subjugated to them (outside forces).
Conversely - as you've stated - contextual freedom is all we really have.
The bird in the golden cage has great freedom...within the bounds of that cage.
To a bird, or the wind, or clouds...humans are (for the most part) bound to the earth (land).
Why does the male lion challenge (and/or kill) any would-be interlopers to "his pride"?
What does "he" know about propogation & bloodlines? How much time did "he" spend in university, or martial arts training...to increase the odds of his genes living on...past "his" relatively short life?
You have alluded to the same point (I think)... Is it simply about "survival"?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don not agree. your statement/ headline "All people really want to be is Slaves or be the Enslavers." Is obnoxious imo. I want everyone to be free. Although your statement may represent the general brainwashed/indoctrinated masses, it doesn't apply to me and manny others..
edit on 10-3-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: typos

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Some good replies from ChaoticOrder and Bluesma.

The thing about all of this is that from the moment we as humans came into existence on this Earth we have been uncontrollably bound to the effects of genetic mutation with offspring and so from the very start destined to have differences in physical and mental capabilities. The bigger and stronger man probably realised most the smaller men were scared of him and in our primal state this would lead to a classic alpha male hierarchy and then its not hard to extrapolate from that how through progress in size of a tribal community and intelligence of a few you'd get a ruler/follower system. The thing is this 'intelligence' wouldn't necessarily be wise or some sort of 'awakening' but instead those in these early primal positions of power would learn how to control and manipulate their people more efficiently, where as the people as you say would either accept servitude or attempt to climb up the ladder by emulating those higher up (which is just another by-product of variances in mental capabilities/preferences).

And so we are driven by what we call Darwinism or Survival of the Fittest - but the problem with this on a social and subconscious level is that people then think it's acceptable to take advantage or feel no remorse for those they perceive genetically 'weaker' than them in some sense physical, mental or otherwise. I see this all the time and especially in University where the mentality can be like "well if someone's stupid it's their fault and they deserve any consequence", but it's really just a genetic dice roll, POT LUCK, that you are 'superior' in this perceived sense.

That's where it really breaks away into two apparent sides. You have people who view it from a more primal state where it's all about competition and taking advantage of who you can regardless of the consequence to work your way up because that's all that matters and ever will. Then you have people who'd say no wait, of course we were bound by those shallow survival instincts in our early history but we have now advanced to a far greater understanding and should work together to eliminate this massive rat race and provide a better experience for everyone. Intelligent people exist in both those groups but since the primal state has been active for so long those bloodlines and monarchies that took advantage of it are now in complete control of the world and therefore its extremely hard for intelligent people in the second group of thinking to make an impact on society.

The only way I could see such a change would require a ruling government consisting of all extremely intelligent members of the second school of thinking from the current generation and with a fresh platform to work on with no dodgy private funding, corporate contacts, third party interests e.t.c e.t.c. But this just seems unrealistic right now. We also live in a society where we are constantly bombarded by primal subconscious messages from the TV and mainstream music. The easiest way to divide and conquer people really is to have them caught up in their own internal conflicts and power games.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What i find in general is people will listen to arguments which they feel works for them and disagree with arguments which dont.

Thats what happens. Even you will do it. You argue from your perspective. And many people think that the way they see the world is the way it is and that the morals they have are correct.. And in truth they are correct. Everybody is. Each unique individual observes their environment from their own perspective.. Each individual will have slightly different ideas as to how high or low the moral ground can be.. It depends on the person.

What is your opinions do you agree all people really want to be is Slaves or be the Enslavers?

Every single person on this planet is already in servitude.. Whether you are a mother that cares for her family, a pet owner who cares greatly for their rescued dogs, a gardener who cares for his garden tirelessly, a worker who takes over time to feed their family etc etc.

We all have been born into servitude.. One way or another.

But then again that is all in my perspective..

s/f

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think there is some truth to this. Some people are more inclined towards servitude for various different reasons it seems. Some people don't want the truth, they don't want this or that, some just want to be given a 'script' and live that 'normal life', they are happy with the illusion of freedom and the security it offers. It seems the minority is the one who cannot be content, it is they are are the movers and shakers, who push the majority towards a progressive or regressive direction.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

What is your opinions do you agree all people really want to be is Slaves or be the Enslavers?
edit on 9-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

The only difference between the jailed and the jailer is which side of the bars one is sitting behind. Both have to be there, and both are being fed and sheltered by the same warden. One has to commute each day to sit next to that set of bars and the other is freed of that hassle, but beyond that, there's very little difference.

I hate the responsibility of wiping a slave's ass everyday, and God help anyone who tries to control me. I do establish alliances from time to time, and I honor those alliances. My devotion to my alliances comes from my own desire to be an honorable person, so I can't accept the tag of being enslaved in that regard. I value my ability to view myself as an honorable person, so I'm gaining something important by committing to my commitments.

I don't think I'm exceptional in any of this. There are many people who can honestly make these claims as well.

new topics
top topics
active topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join