It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you stumbled upon on a murder in progress ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Anyone though of that before ? or any other life threatening situations
because if you didnt .. you will obviously dont know what to do at first or just freeze on the spot
always prepare yourself for any situations so you can be quick to take action

So .. What would be your reaction ?

What would you do if you stumbled upon on a murder in progress? American filmmakers rigged an elevator with a camera and staged a murder to find out.

An elevator was fitted with cameras to record people's reactions as the doors opened to reveal what appeared to be a murder taking place.

Unbeknownst to the unwitting members of the public, who are variously seen to walk away, intervene and even take pictures, the attempted murder was staged.

Creatives at viral video agency Thinkmodo came up with the disturbing stunt in order to promote new Colin Farrell movie "Dead Man Down".

Footage courtesy: Thinkmodo

Has for myself .. yes i would kick back the other guy even if he have a gun !
thinking for eternity that i could have done something at this moment
and did nothing would be worst then dead itself

the guy filming at the end .. really ?

probably though that it would be a nice action video to put on YT

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would like to think that I would help but I might run for my life. Also this was posted yesterday and will probably be locked.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
phone the police, inform the operator of situation and location only to save time, intervene, whether with head and fists or nearby heavy object until suspect restrained......sit on suspects head until police arrive....possibly fart for good measure. (oh, and check victim if possible, might need to make suspect unconscious first, fart would probably see to that.)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Ben81

I would like to think that I would help but I might run for my life. Also this was posted yesterday and will probably be locked.

Like most in the video reactions .. they all go away

such real heroes only thinking about themself

i did a search with the title in samurai before posting it .. nothing was found
but if it was posted under another title .. someone post a link and then a mod can lock this thread

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
but how are you to know if the one being killed is a good guy or bad guy.

maybe the guy doing the killing turned the tables on the one that tried to kill him and it' was a kill or be killed situation.

now if you saw it start from the get go, you would know. but to just stumble into it, you just don't know.
edit on 8-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This was it but it was locked:
What Would You Do If You Stumbled Upon A Murder? Elevator Stunt ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread931235/pg1

I guess you're good to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
but how are you to know if the one being killed is a good guy or bad guy.

maybe the guy doing the killing turned the tables on the one that tried to kill him and it' was a kill or be kill situation.

now if you saw it start from the get go, you would know. but to just stumble into it, you just don't know.

There is a murderer and a victim in self defense mode
usualy its pretty obvious to know who is who

You will be the Judge, Jury and Executioner

reply to post by Bleeeeep

Good to go ? .. you mean good to RUN

edit on 3/8/2013 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

how is it obvious? a elevator door opens and you see someone trying to kill someone.

you have no way of knowing if the one trying to kill the other is the one who had the bad intent in mind, or if the intended victim fought and overpowered the attacker and the attacker keeps on fighting trying to accomplish what he started. leaving the victim no other choice, but to kill the attacker.

now on the other hand if you saw the attacker come up from the start of the altercation. it would then be obvious.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That is a real bonehead stunt. What do you think would happen if you had a coffeed up rookie cop out of uniform but carrying arrive on this scene? If this officer was spooked it could spell disaster for an actor staging such a dangerous situation. I carry legally and would freeze the situation with 1 command before taking action, but sometimes you can read a scene and be too agressive. Not a good move by the producer IMHO.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That is an asinine stunt.

Better hope they don’t try that in a right to carry state. The actor may end up with a chronic case of blood lose via ballistic perforation.

Even if the onlookers are not armed with a gun, they may be carrying something that they can use as a swift, effective, and deadly weapon.

If a couple maintenance workers happened to be passing by with some long claw framing hammers in their belts, he may have ended up with one imbedded in his head.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I agree. This is a stupid stunt and there have been other such stunts that are just plain stupid and the actors are fortunate that they were not harmed by an onlooker.

Meanwhile, if I stumbled upon a murder in progress I believe I would probably haul a$$ away from there.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Too many variables to consider. You are suddenly thrown in what appears to be a life or death struggle between two people. You know nothing else about it. One could be an undercover cop, and my best guess is the one winning is the cop. If no cop, maybe the attacker is the father of a little girl that the bad guy raped or molested. Maybe the bad guy sold some poisoned drugs to the father's kid.

Then we have to consider our own limitations. My health is such that any burst of physical activity lasting longer than ten seconds and I'm on the floor holding onto my chest from the excruciating pain. I would have to make sure my very first strike puts the attacker down. This would mean a forceful kick to his head, probably killing him. Am I ready to kill someone without knowing anything of the situation? No.

edit on 3/9/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Lucky no one had a conceal carry permit, and didn't blow the agressor away, that would've been a bummer..

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What would you do if you stumbled upon on a murder in progress ?

Interesting situation and one that requires a cool head and a witty one liner,..

edit on 9-3-2013 by 12voltz because: because someone may see what i wrote

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

How very strange, the video says call 911 but the water mark for the video is telegraph.co.uk where the emergency number is 999.

Its hard to say anyone would do when presented with a sudden violent shock. Ive seen big men crumble while the most unlikely people can jump in. ill put a £1000 bet on that if they had staged a stabbing that over 99% of the people would have run screaming.

Wouldn't have seemed such a clever experiment if one of the actors had ended up injured or maybe even shot.

edit on 9-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
#1- if you are NOT armed dial 911, and set the phone down. You can be triangulated with an open phone line to within 3 yards (probably much closer). They will hear whatever sound you are making in the tussle. Yell FIRE! once into the phone if you have time.

#2- if I was armed I'd shoot first. I'm an ass, tho.

It takes less than 10lbs of pressure to displace a trachea.

Solid kick just below either knee.

If you film and walk away, most US states have a law of no interference where, you did nothing and someone died, not an accessory. Watch the last episode of Sienfeld.

I believe I'd jump on in and kick some ass. Hoping I was getting a bad guy, not some fool defending himself rightly against some random act.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would run the hell away, possibly call the police if no one else was. Why would I intervene for someone I don't know?

top topics

join