It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy..My electric is out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
And I'm still going to have to pay for it.

Okay, not all the electric is out. Just half of it.

And, here I thought I would finally clean the house. And as soon as I started to run the vacuum. Everything went dark. Now, how am I going to clean the house in the dark.

Knew I should of bought all those solar lamps at the store today.

Hopefully it will come back on before I go to work. So I don't have to worry.

Just my luck.

Good thing I still got the internet.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm sure you knew this was coming, did you only pay half of your bill?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You sure its not a thrown circuit? Dont hear about power outages that only affect half a house very often.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah, I already did the circuit thingy on the phone with my dad. Nothing worked. And nothing was popped.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I haven't even paid the whole bill yet.

I was going to this week.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Manhater looks like you might need a man . Now go flip that breaker !

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Thing is, for half your electricity to be out, like actually out, you would have to have to seperate transformers leading power to each half of your house. They just dont really do that too often.

Is there possibly a second circuit box that you dont know about?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

I did flip the breaker. I even did the On and Off. And flipped every switch. Nothing worked. And I even pressed yellow button to test. Nada.

The good thing is. Is that the roof is not on fire yet.

So, I must not be partying hard enough.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I don't know. Last time it took, I think 5 hours to come back on. I'm in a single family home though, I'm not attached to another house.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Do you have any plugs in the house that has a gfci (ground fault circuit interrupt) on it? The ones that are usually in the kitchen or bathroom that you can push a button on them and reset them. If you have those then it can cut your power off from that point on. That may be the problem.
The problem is at your house if you only have half your power. I don't think it's even possible for the power company to only make half your house work. It's a local issue I'm afraid.
Some breakers are hard to tell that they have tripped so I would cut everyone of them off and then back on again. That's the best way to be sure it's not a tripped breaker.
edit on 8-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Your niece has finally snapped and has cut the power, hiding out the back wielding a butchers knife !!

Or just the grid having a fit...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

They asked me that the last time. I checked every plug, and I don't see one. Unless I'm blind. Last time, I went to work and by the time I came back it was on. So, cross your fingers.
I'll have to find another outlet for my powerful vacuum.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 8-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Yeah. I did that.

Dang it. Now I'm going to freeze to death. I just realized, I got no heat.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That's not cool.
I wish you the best.
If anything else springs to mind I'll shout back but right now I'm stumped.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I do have a space heater if I get desperate, just have to unplug the computer.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You might have a GFCI outlet that has been tripped.

A GFCI is an outlet that has a built in circuit breaker. They are often used in kitchens and bathrooms. You need to go and look at every outlet in your house and find the ones that have a button on them.

Often times the wiring to other plugs will be connected to these outlets and if they are tripped then none of those outlets will work. If you don't find an outlet like this look behind the fridge and under the kitchen sink also.

Push the test button and then the reset button on the GFCI outlet.

The second possibility is that you have more than one fuse/breaker box. First check the main breaker box outside the house. Turn each switch off and on one at a time.

Next look inside the garage and in each closet for a secondary breaker box. In older model homes there can be a fuse box. These can sometimes be located in the crawl spaces under the house or in the attic. They are sometimes even hidden inside of the kitchen cabinets.

If all this fails then you will have to call an electrician or handyman. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sometimes one leg of the main can kick out. Did you try flipping the main? Sometimes there can be a problem with one leg of the power coming in also. Sometimes one side of the transformer on the pole can blow a fuse and only 110 comes in. Try the main breaker first. How many circuits seem to be out? Sounds like your heat, some outlets, and maybe some lights. Try the dryer to see if it works and heats and also the oven on the electric stove. Upper burners sometimes are one ten

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It may be a bad one that needs replacement , good luck and party on lol . Side note ,, I have seen some homes with more than one breaker box or if you have a gentrans panel it could be tripped as well . That one has bitten me before .

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Guess you're in the Kings borough too
Half of my service is out as well. ConEd said it should be on by 6am

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join