It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The International Monetary System & The Future Of Money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+86 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Please , pardon me and lend me an attentive time for you to watch a thought-provoking lecture. I like listening to other people's opinions on various subjects, Regardless he's or her ethnicity & religious backgrounds, I came across with this interesting 1:16:02 hour long video and it's Mind blowing. I regret i would not add any comments further, i leave it to your discretion. Thank you and Godbless.

edit on 8-3-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, i like this guy!
He sounds like an Islamic Ron Paul.....
(at least about the fed rip off part)
I hope there are a whole bunch of other Islamic dudes who think the same because i think we could work with them quite easily.....
have heard many western speakers say the same things without the korans guidance, and the whole talk is spot on in that regard!
Thanks for the link i "enjoyed "the lecture very much: "mad:"
If you watch this youll gather some new respect for Islam....

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's Shiekh Imran and yes he's a brilliant man.

I made a thread about him which only got a few responses and about 4 flags not to long ago.

Israel & Saudi Arabia are Sisters!

And I've watched the video you linked, like you said "mind blowing"

edit on 9-3-2013 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

You couldn't at least tell us where to skip to? I don't want to watch all the religious rubbish.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You couldn't at least tell us where to skip to? I don't want to watch all the religious rubbish.

dont bother watching any of it then if you cant respect other people and their beliefs.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You couldn't at least ask politely ?
Then again probably not...

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't see much religious talk, it is well worth the watch as I learned much from this man!
edit on 9-3-2013 by jiggysmb because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Start at 11:00 minutes in the speech. Although you may actually find the first part interesting as well.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow... 46 flags at this point, with only 7 replies (8 now)!

This must be a pretty cut and dry issue that most everyone agrees with... nice thread, thanks!

reply to post by stirling

I have a feeling that most countries' citizens around the globe would easily get along with each other. Humans don't change so much that we can't understand each other. We all have the capability of emotions and desires. These are universally motivating factors and it's not hard to be friends, even business partners, with mutual respect when 2 people have the same ideas, interests, and goals, no matter their cultural/religious background.

I believe the outlook many people have is based on propaganda driven lies, used to control a country's citizens. It's unfortunate that so many people believe the lies, as this is the catalyst for some of the very real conflicts.

I wouldn't wish for world peace, but for people of different cultures to be open minded enough to give people from different regions and backgrounds a fair chance to show who they really are and how they really feel.

I guess I can wish in one hand and....

edit on 9-3-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Wow... 44flags at this point, with only 7 replies (8 now)!

This must be a pretty cut and dry issue that most everyone agrees with... nice thread, thanks!

Don't let the all the excitement of a handful of members sway your opinion about how true or accurate any information may or may not be. ALWAYS MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND BASED ON WHAT YOU GET FROM THE INFORMATION!!!!

All the flags might be because the information is true and honest and amazing. But it could also be just a small group of people enjoying their own little circle jerk of BS and patting each other on the back out of loyalty to each other, their cause or out of just plain ignorance. I'm not in any way claiming this is the case. Just trying to remind you and others to ALWAYS use your own head NEVER judge a book by it's cover without reading the words inside.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I didn't realize I came across as if I had taken the information at face-value, based solely on the thread's flags and comments. I didn't mean to come across as if I am being swayed by anything but the facts... my observation was meant as an indicator of how ATS members have responded to the thread topic, not neccassarily the information within the video alone.

I meant to point out generically that a thread with a high ratio of flags:posts usually means the majority of members agree with the content and quality of the Opening Post and the topic of the OP - not neccassarily the specific information in the thread.

In my past experience on ATS, threads that garner a large number of flags and a small number of replies in a short period of time usually indicate the general concensus about the thread and content quality.

The opposite would be a thread that gains a number of replies with little to no flagging. It's not always an accurate way to guage a thread or it's topic, but seems to work the majority of times.

edit on 9-3-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Naw, you're cool....I wasn't meaning anything too personal or anything with my post either.....Just a kinda fyi and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

What is the title of the video/documentary?

I live in China and can't get Youtube. But, I like to look things up on China's "Youku"...sometimes I get lucky.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by univac500

What is the title of the video/documentary?

I live in China and can't get Youtube. But, I like to look things up on China's "Youku"...sometimes I get lucky.

Thanks.

The title is "The International Monetary System & The Future Of Money By Sheikh Imran Hosein"

Good luck to find it on youku, it's worth a watch.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just HAD to post this for all those who still hold some prejudices in one form or another towards Muslims. He points out that Muslims are not even close to a threat to America and that Christian 'Jihad' is more of a threat. He gives examples and delivers his words in a perfect, collected fashion.

At 0:17 seconds, the storm hits.

link   
Interesting. I will have look later. It's an interesting subject because the world really seem to need a new monetary system.

Cheers

link   
Islamists impugning Jews and Christians under the guise of advice about the monetary system...

Well, I guess they've finally resigned themselves to the fact that Arabs won't ever win a military war with the West, so that might as well try a different tact.

Also:
- currency has "fiat" value, based on the economies and nations it represents (i.e., how well their economies are performing, how stable their governments are, how trustworthy they are to commerce with etc) and has no "linkage" to gold
- gold is not valued to the US$ but to its prevalence- less gold = high price per ounce; hence why the price of gold always goes up in the long term- the planet's supply is dwindling
- other countries' currencies are, again, independent of the US$ with respect to their own worth- if the US dollar collapsed, the Vietnamese Dong will still be worth the same; comparative worth =/= dependence
- entreating Muslims to eschew befriending Jews who befriend Christians (and visa-versa) is blatant intolerance and hate monerging- typical Islamist subterfuge

Moral:
Do not trust godtards, irrespective of subject matter, for they're always on an agenda.
edit on 9-3-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I crossed paths with Chris Hedges briefly when I went to visit my son. If you have the presence of mind and patience to listen to this man carefully, you will come away enlightened.

edit on 9-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
101 flags eh....the Islamic propaganda machine is really working hard on this one

reply to post by CristobalColonic

Well said and to the point.
edit on 9-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Returning to a gold/silver standard for just international commerce, let alone domestic commerce world over, can be accomplished only by deflating the prices of these metals several fold. Exactly who that will benefit is anybody's guess. It is possible that those who are in control of the current monetary system are themselves sitting on huge stock piles of these metals and a return to that standard would be again as a conspiracy engineered by the same people. When the US left the gold standard under Nixon everyone would have thought that was the end of the US$ as the world's reserve currency. Very few would have guessed that the exact people who imposed the oil embargo against the US would prop up the US$ as the reserve currency, by pricing oil in US$.

It is silly to assume that the international monetary system until now has been manipulated, but somehow will be controlled by the market in future. The manipulators know everything that can be discussed here.

Quite likely the US$ will be retired for international commerce, but will not be replaced by gold. It will be replaced by an international trading currency that is not the domestic currency of any state and whose volume will be controlled by an international agency.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join