It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chop Shop: 8 / Chicago Schools : 0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Okay, this is all just getting silly. They stole eight school buses. EIGHT....6, 7, 8. Yup. I said 8.

The 40-foot-long buses, capable of seating 75 people, were stolen sometime overnight from the bus company's yard in the 10000 block of South Torrence Avenue and were not discovered missing until this morning, police said.

The buses were all equipped with GPS tracking devices, and police were able to track "their entire movement" to the scrap yard on the West Side, police said.

You know, I couldn't help but think for just a moment. If Sharia Law favors that eye for an eye thing and chopping the hands off thieves and such. How would shredding 8 school buses in one night like giant beer cans be handled?

Bonnett estimated his loss at a quarter of a million dollars. Four of the buses were equipped for special education students, including wheelchair lifts, he said. Four 2009 models, three were 2004 and one was a 2003.

As scrap, the buses would have been worth anywhere from $1,500 to $3,500 each.
Source

Okay, even among criminals there really needs to be some general understanding of where bottom is. Wherever that point may exist, this is a few sub-levels below it. C'mon... Special Needs adapted buses, no less? What kind of 2 legged animal does such a thing? It's not even running off with them to recycle into Mexican School buses or something. (A large flow of stolen vehicles run south). This just turned very valuable buses into ... scrap piles? Oh.. Doom on these people.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Do they even have a clue of the identity of these education haters? I understand the level of incompetence of the typical government employee, But the scrapyard should have data or images of these morons to track. Of course if there is a religious factor a hate crime must surface.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Oh yes, they did get several.

When officers arrived, several people who apparently worked in the scrap yard ran into a building, police said. Officers initially apprehended one person and later took two others into custody. The owner was arrested in the afternoon.
(Op Link)

I forget at times that some can't click the link for whatever reason (I assume you couldn't load the story at the moment). The scrap pile of metal panels and pieces of school bus was two stories high as described. They chopped all 8 into nothing overnight. Quite a feat and such a waste.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Took me 5 minutes to figure out who did it.

It was Arkansas !!

top topics

join