It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Elementary School Confiscates “Insensitive” Cupcakes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah! Let's take those army toys away and give boys Barbie dolls to play with. Oh wait, allowing boys to take off Barbie's clothes is teaching them how to molest girls. Okay, NO toys for boys! lol

Anything can be bad if we want to over-think everything. Jeez!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"The times they are a changing"

It's really not a laughing matter.
Those we leave in-charge of the care,education,dicipline and protection our children while we work
have been forced to take these kinds of actions.
If they don't it's all on them when the hammer comes down no matter how silly
it's “Insensitive” side may appear to some.

The L'Anse Creuse HS situation below ended up being a poor decision made by the man
but you never know what iin the minds of others.

L'Anse Creuse HS evacuation triggered by Selfridge airman wearing camouflage

Posted: Mar 05, 2013 7:40 AM ESTUpdated: Mar 05, 2013 11:51 AM EST

By myFOXDetroit.com Staff

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJBK) -
Students at L'Anse Creuse High School were evacuated Tuesday morning after reports of a suspicious person roaming the halls in military gear.

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

The School system in our County does not even allow homemade baked goods sent to School for Birthdays or such, nor do they allow the Schools to put on bake sales any more. ??
edit on 9-3-2013 by azureskys because: changed lots of stuff

edit on 9-3-2013 by azureskys because: ditto

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
That's ok.

You can obey all the rules that keep changing on a daily basis. Good luck with that because your freedom arena is shrinking daily as well.

Me?

I'll put whatever the hell my child wants on a cupcake for their birthday if I decide it's ok. Me...the parent.

And to all the people falling in line...Shame on you.
You played with 2 inch plastic toys when you were young...did you turn out to be a mass murderer?

No. You turned out to be afraid of your own shadows which has happened only recently so guess who helped you along? Not the toy.

Peace

-_- Schools are places of learning, you sign a contract as a parent or pupil to follow the schools rules. So don't cry foul when they enforce them. You can give your kid whatever you want OUTSIDE of school as long as they aren't being harmed. I don't care, lol. But if you are going to give something to something someone else's child you need to be cognizant of their parents belief and parenting style. Also, I didn't play with toys I had video games, lol. But good job dismantling and argument I didn't make and adding an incorrect ad hominem. Stick to your guns, maybe your good with those.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

That's ok.

You can obey all the rules that keep changing on a daily basis. Good luck with that because your freedom arena is shrinking daily as well.

Me?

I'll put whatever the hell my child wants on a cupcake for their birthday if I decide it's ok. Me...the parent.

You played with 2 inch plastic toys when you were young...did you turn out to be a mass murderer?

No. You turned out to be afraid of your own shadows which has happened only recently so guess who helped you along? Not the toy.

Peace

-_- Also, I didn't play with toys I had video games,

hhahahahah what a loser liberal homo

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Also, I didn't play with toys I had video games

And by this admission...

You have absolutely no idea what the adults are talking about.

Peace

edit on 9-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And parents wonder why there kids all have mental disorders or are weak of mind and body. I call them the everybody wins generation and it really is anyone under 25.

And "NO" not everyone fits into this box but many younger people do fit inside. The boys act like girls and they tend to be very lazy with poor common sense. We are raising limp noodles.

This is what happens when the progressive mindset is taught to children. It makes them into weak,lazy,depressed young people.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Did any one read the reasoning behind the concern of "men with guns" being brought into an
Elementary School.
Has everyone forgotten "Sandy Hook" allready

You better believe most all the children in our schools were informed about it and are aware
what the presence of persons with guns can mean.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lol, you're just mad that your argument holds no water, my age is of no consequence.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamili27

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

That's ok.

Me?

Peace

-_- Also, I didn't play with toys I had video games,

hhahahahah what a loser liberal homo

Lol, i'm a loser for because my parents could buy me nice things? Okay.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

“Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,” she stated.

Democracy, last I checked, was a majority rule system. In other words, if the opposing opinion is only shared by the minority then hell no it doesn't need to be respected. This "educator" gets an "F" in political science and deserves a swift kick to the ass towards the open door of the school.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

WHAT HE SAID

There is nothing like a double think to piss me off....and these liberal idiots are going far to far with their touchy feely bull#.
I was born in 46....kids didnt have to play all these twisted head games in our schools then....
The emphasis was on the three Rs first, and the niceties and all the rest came later...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yes and we didn't have armed people comming in to our class-rooms
and slaying all of our classmates and teachers either.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Kids birthday cakes? Are they serious. A few years ago in Melbourne my daughters High school banned any Xmas celebrations out of respect for a few Muslim kids.
And yet the Muslim kids get to do all their religious things with no thought how it can affect our kids.
In fact my kid was asked if she wanted to support the Muslim kids by fasting during Ramadan.
I told them categorically what I thought of that, and was warned about my racist comments.
The world has gone bananas because everyone is worried about litigation and how a minority might react.
Common sense is needed people. Time to get thicker skins and not overreact.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Kids birthday cakes? Are they serious. A few years ago in Melbourne my daughters High school banned any Xmas celebrations out of respect for a few Muslim kids.
And yet the Muslim kids get to do all their religious things with no thought how it can affect our kids.
In fact my kid was asked if she wanted to support the Muslim kids by fasting during Ramadan.
I told them categorically what I thought of that, and was warned about my racist comments.
The world has gone bananas because everyone is worried about litigation and how a minority might react.
Common sense is needed people. Time to get thicker skins and not overreact.

Yep, once I was almost Booked for "showing aggression in public" here in Australia Sh*t I didn't know scratching the top of your head because it was itchy was showing aggression in public!

Is it just me or has the world gone completely Batsh*t insane?!?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
What I love the most is the hypocrisy.

When we do something, it's a crime or BULLYING.

When they do it, It's justice.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
SO i'm teaching a Martial arts lesson to a student in the public park last weekend, when out of nowhere a cop car pulls up and two cops come out with their hands on their holstered guns. Approaching me carefully.

I'm in a park that is several acre wide with trees, basketball courts, soccer fields, tennis matches, bbq's, rowdy kids and young adults. People playing their guitars etc...

SO I'm wondering WTF. it's obvious I'm teaching a lesson. The student is mimicking my movements, there is no sparring going on or anything that can be misconstrued as two guys having a go at it in the park. Nothing. Teaching a Kung Fu form. Thats it.

Apparently some mother at the park called the cops because she thought we were being too violent. I look around the nearest kid is at a birthday party some 200 feet away. The cops came expecting to see two guys going at it in a full MMA style brawl, possibly drunk and disorderly in public. Instead they came across me. The cops and I had a good talk. Mostly about similar passions for martial arts in general. I even showed them a move I was teaching the student. The cops laughed shook my hand and told me to have a good day. One of them commenting that it was BS that they got called out here for that. SO apparently martial arts is too offensive for society these days??

We are turning into a weak pathetic society. We need to teach people to think again, and for themselves. We need to stop letting the people with hystrionic disorders rule our lives by making everything offensive to them so they can live happy terrified of their own shadows lives while the majority suffer and have to dumb down to placate the insecure.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

edit on 9-3-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Please remove this...........thank you

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by stirling

Yes and we didn't have armed people comming in to our class-rooms
and slaying all of our classmates and teachers either.

Perhaps that is because people nowadays leave the upbringing, the moral fiber of their children to the state.

Also, it appears that the liberal agenda has all intent in milking the Sandy event to the max. Anything is fair game in accomplishing their agenda.
edit on 9-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I didn't read the article but some of the quotes indicate that the teacher didn't punish the kid or tell him not to share the cupcakes, just switch out the plastic army guys.

What I think could have worked better is to start a class discussion about historic wars or how we should solve our problems without violence, etc. It probably worked out as a learning experience for the kid with the birthday though.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is why I ended up dropping out of high school.

It's not because I was stupid, or was being bullied or anything to that nature. It was simply because the public school system is ridiculous. It's basically just a prison you can throw your kids into, being cramped in a desk all day, while their parents can work their ass off to pay taxes, which keep increasing, and to make companies even richer than they already are.

People may view me as irresponsible, maybe even foolish for doing it. But in my opinion, it was not stupid at all. Going to school doesn't dictate how smart you can become. I can go buy books, or even surf the web and learn about various topics at the snap of a finger. Or even watch documentaries on T.V. about any topic I please. Yet, that's not good enough. You have to sit in a class room for at least 13 years of your life. And be given a piece of paper in the end to show your worth basically.

It all comes down to having obedient workers to go out and work crappy jobs, for crappy pay. In order to gain pieces of paper that have virtually no worth. And it's getting worse and worse. Rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. The system is so screwed up, and I hated the fact that I was going along with it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join