It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Elementary School Confiscates “Insensitive” Cupcakes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think this might belong in this forum but it would be a great idea to have a new forum entitled "Are You Insane?"

Seen this floating around out there and read it twice because I couldn't believe what I was actually reading:

radio.foxnews.com...

A Michigan elementary school is defending its decision to confiscate a third-graders batch of homemade cupcakes because the birthday treats were decorated with plastic green Army soldiers.

And here:
www.theorganicprepper.ca...

Schools are no longer about learning math, reading and history. Schools have become nothing more than indoctrination centers. They aren’t teaching children HOW to think. They’re teaching them WHAT to think. They’re teaching them to blindly accept authority and to allow themselves to be protected.

Principal Susan Wright released a statement to local media defending the decision. “These are toys that were commonplace in the past,” she wrote. “However, some parents prohibit all guns as toys. In light of that difference, the school offered to replace the soldiers with another item and the soldiers were returned home with the student.” “Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,” she stated. “In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere.”

And of course www.activistpost.com... carries the story as well. A little more outspoken here tho.

In a terrifying brush with violence, the administrators of Schall Elementary School in Caro, Michigan have boldly done what was necessary in order to protect a classroom of vulnerable 3rd graders. They have taken a little boy’s birthday cupcakes and confiscated those frosted harbingers of evil.

The culprits?

So...my opinion? "WTH"????

This is getting to be insane and people are running around scared of speaking for fear of hurting someone's precious feelings. When did this happen and how far is it going to go before people just start standing still, not moving, speaking or looking someone in the eye?

I'm waiting for the headline "Man charged with assault after farting in elevator."

Just look at some of these reports (Follow link below)

School Wants to Limit Parental Access to Children
Mom Says School Punished Girls for Pro-Military Shirts
School Backs Off Religious Song Ban
School: Fall Holidays are Insensitive
School Considers Banning Homemade Treats

School: Opposition to Gay Adoption is “Bullying”
School Apologizes for Operation Christmas Child Message
Fort Worth Bans Santa From Classrooms
School Defends “Occupy” Song For 8-year-olds
School Fears “Cougars” Mascot Will Offend Women

radio.foxnews.com...

So the real question for what's happening in the schools should be why the parents are not fighting this type of control over their children? How about this one...?

School Wants to Limit Parental Access to Children

radio.foxnews.com...

Carol Birdsong, a spokesperson for Williamson County Schools, told Fox News the principal came up with the voucher system as a result of the school massacre in Newtown, Conn. “Based on that, she thought it might be good to implement a voucher-type system,” she said. “Please remember the primary purpose for this process is to ensure that we are able to account for all the adults in the cafeteria enjoying lunch with their children,” Principal Laura LaChance wrote in an email to parents. Under the new rules, parents would have to register online and obtain an “event ticket” to eat lunch with their children.

FEAR EVERYTHING!

And now they want to restrict access to the kids? IMO, just another way of controlling what you can and cannot do, to show who's REALLY in charge of your kids. Kinda gives the system even more time to indoctrinate right?

Anyways, I think I've painted it pretty clear here. And I was also thinking of a recent thread about California trying to ban homeschooling? Searched but couldn't find it but I know it's here somewhere.

When you hear of the first person to be charged for unruly flatulence in a public space because 1 person was 'offended'...please report back.

Peace

edit on 8-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Schools in America are nothing more than Hitler youth camps. The answer is to pull all of our kids out, teach them the real history of our country and what freedom means and refuse to pay property tax because the public school indoctrination system is no longer needed.

For Gods sake, enough is enough, leave our kids alone you sick fascists.

Edit: Jesus, sometimes I sound like Alex Jones............ Maybe he isn't as big of a windbag as I thought.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
To me the sad thing about it is that the kids see a army man as a hero which they should, and to get punished for bringing in a * cupcake is just way up and beyond......

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I love the reasoning here: Because we live in a "democratic" society, we need to be sensitive to how others feel, so I am going to take away how you feel and put into place what I think is right....

Did I get that right? Does anyone else find the above......as the OP said......insane?

The saddest part about this, and any parent will tell you, is this child did this deliberately. This was his (or her) thing. Children don't whimsically go about placing objects on things unless they mean something to them. This administrator just shattered that and began the process of indoctrination into her world view of "democratic" societal thinking.

What a sad, sad person this administrator is.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddog5595
To me the sad thing about it is that the kids see a army man as a hero which they should, and to get punished for bringing in a * cupcake is just way up and beyond......

Not only that but as I just said, this child did this or wanted it for a reason. This was their moment and this old cranky administrator is nothing but the worst bully there is. "For others' opinions, your must be stifled".....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ima make sure my nephew goes to school in fatigues on monday.

Ill make him a set out of my old marine uniforms. Has the name already on it everything.

Ooh Rah
edit on 8-3-2013 by Common Good because: already

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Now a days we steal the pure youth from our children to promote political agenda. What a down turn we have taken in just 20-30 years.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Ima make sure my nephew goes to school in fatigues on monday.

Ill make him a set out of my old marine uniforms. Has the name already on it everything.

Ooh Rah
edit on 8-3-2013 by Common Good because: already

I am no Marine so don't be offended but Semper Fi!

link   
reply to post by jude11

What would they have done if the cake had a Rainbow on it...flog the child..?

F'ing idiots. First dodge-ball and now this...G.I. Generation, where are you..?!

And Jude...take me off your Rival list - I'm a Fan damnit..!

link   

Especially when war is glorified on a daily basis. From movies to CNN 'Heroes'.

And let's not forget...It's a plastic toy...2 inches tall!

Peace

link   
So as a child in Elementary School you can't have any green Army men but as a teen in High School you can dress up like one for Army ROTC?

edit on 8-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Especially when war is glorified on a daily basis. From movies to CNN 'Heroes'.

And let's not forget...It's a plastic toy...2 inches tall!

Peace

and that is all that it is!

edit on 8-3-2013 by Maddog5595 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by jude11

And Jude...take me off your Rival list - I'm a Fan damnit..!

I think I did that one night when I was 3 sheets to the wind on JD shots and we had a little 'Tiff'

Consider it done!

And apologies of course.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I find your use of "indoctrination" funny here, isn't it scarier to "indoctrinate" elementary school kids with army men ?

think about it. the bank cabal uses the worlds armies to kill poor young people as a means of financing the worlds governments central banks and make enormous fortunes

is this to be celebrated ?

war isn't a john wayne movie
edit on 8-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Semper Fi
Saying that can never be offensive.

These stories really make me weep for the direction our country is headed.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would be way more mad if some other kid brought cupcakes into my kids school with a toy politician or a banker standing on it.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Maddog5595 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I find your use of "indoctrination" funny here, isn't it scarier to "indoctrinate" elementary school kids with army men ?

think about it. the bank cabal uses the worlds armies to kill poor young people as a means of sell financing to the worls governments central banks and made enormous fortunes

is this to be celebrated ?

war isn't a john wayne movie

I don't think anyone here is celebrating war; they are defending what was obviously something a child thought was important to them. Maybe their father or mother is in the military and they wanted to put those figurines upon the cupcakes. Or maybe it is their favorite toy?

The real issue here is an administrator who is using the line of "democracy" to push her view (as if she knows all the views of the other children) and silenced this child's view. That isn't democratic. That isn't respecting free-speech, that isn't respecting the child who did this. That is flat out "I know better than you" attitude.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And a 5 year old was banned from kindergarden in New Jersey for having a bubble gun....
Boggles the mind. I can only shake my head.
Good thing your very vocal Jude !

running with the wolves

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Looking solely at her statements:

“Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,” she stated. “In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere.”

First, how can you respect opinions when you just stifled one? Second, what violence does green army-men actually portray? She is a feel-good person with probably a big-heart and only good intentions but those intentions just ruined a child's day.

Good job you smart adult. You have it all figured out.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
One segment of society has come to push for something that's been desired since the 60's. The marginalization if not shaming and elimination of the military. The fact the military segments of societies world wide are doing quite well while we're apparently supposed to feel bad and belittle ours isn't supposed to matter. Nawww... Military is bad and so it needs suppressed in all ways....even with little kids.

Personally, I believe adults who bring politics directly into the lives of kids below the teen level (at the earliest) are obscene toads and deserve no respect. They certainly shouldn't hold positions of authority with our children.

If a kid wants little army men on his cupcake, then little army men it ought to be. This warm and fuzzy P.C. nonsense gone mad....while actually doing harm to the rights of others at this point ...has gone too damn far.

Kids and Cupcakes?! Are these schools so academically superior and safe in all measurable ways that kids and their cupcake decorations rate such action and impact in their young lives? How pathetic.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join