It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The calm before the solar storm? NASA warns 'something unexpected is happening to the Sun'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would not even concider what Nasa has to say since they hide almost everything. It's not like I could stop the sun from doing what it does, just gratefull it still rises everyday! Do feel a different kinda energy though only thats me.
It's the idea of theirs no other life out there, Really? We are here.
Or say one of the Gas planets will turn into a star, possible! Was not our sun a gas planet to start with? Still agree on one thing though, sometimes the Truth can hurt so might as well keep it quite and not cause a mass panic! If you do not see the Sun one day, hope it is cloud cover and not the 3 days of darkness since what would we do then? Or have two Suns in the sky, boy would it get warm!
Either way the Powers that be work on their own plan so I accept and adapt the best I can.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

it seems the Sun has reduced the number of its sun spots since 2011. It seems kind of odd, considering they were claiming this to be the "solar maximum" the peak of an 11 year cycle.
Oh you mean like here?...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this something we know for long time now.

It will be very interesting to see what spot will be freezed facing Earth....and especially when!

Because of the helicity of the surface of the sun.

The quasilinear mean-field theory for driven MHD turbulence leads to the result that the observed cross helicity may directly yield the magnetic eddy diffusivity \eta_[T] of the quiet Sun. In order to model the cross helicity at the solar surface, magnetoconvection under the presence of a vertical large-scale magnetic field is simulated with the nonlinear MHD code NIRVANA. The very robust result of the calculations is that < u_z b_z >\simeq 2 < u\cdot b> independent of the applied magnetic field amplitude. The correlation coefficient for the cross helicity is about 10%. Of similar robustness is the finding that the rms value of the magnetic perturbations exceeds the mean-field amplitude (only) by a factor of five. The characteristic helicity speed u_[\eta] as the ratio of the eddy diffusivity and the density scale height for an isothermal sound velocity of 6.6 km/s proves to be 1 km/s for weak fields. This value well coincides with empirical results obtained from the data of the HINODE satellite and the Swedish 1-m Solar Telescope (SST) providing the cross helicity component < u_z b_z >. Both simulations and observations thus lead to a numerical value of \eta_[T] \simeq 10^12 cm^2 /s as characteristic for the surface of the quiet Sun.

arxiv.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
My point was

Everybody is using the Sun for a purpose it was not meant to be used for.

That being Solar Weather prediction.

D'you not mean the Daily Mail?

oh that's funny.

But in all seriousness signs are not predictions and the sun was never said to be for predictions, solar weather forecasts or future events.

We do know lots of solar spots warmer earth temps, fewer solar spots cooler earth temps.

edit on 10-3-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hah... Yeah... 'something unexpeceted is happening in the Sun'

what's happening is: (drum roll) Nothing.

What an alarmist, on noes! article title (not to the OP the to the original article).

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks to all who contributed a lot of info to study and learn more about the sun.

Despite the sensational article title, I'm glad we generated some discussion, and now I have some more reading material.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Eat, drink, and be Merry. and F the sun.

Wow ! Why so much anger with the sun ? I've never seen such hate for a symbol of happiness and cheer. This has to be some kind of solar psychosis, that has yet to be discovered ?

No more sun threads everyone.

SnF OP
edit on 10-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens that fly about the sun nicking sun bursts got the henry hoover out and sucked them all up for us

lovely people those aliens (are aliens people?)
edit on 10-3-2013 by ballymoney50 because: i forgot an s opps!!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FCKmainSTREAM
Text RedText
BEFORE YOU READ THIS I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGISE FOR MY TERRIBLE SPELLING AND OR GRIMMER IM NOT THE SHARPEST KNIFE IN THE KITCHEN DRAWER SO TO SPEAK WHEN IT COMES TO WRITING.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME I'VE SENT A REPLY ON ABOVE TOP SECRET I LOVE THE FORUM AND I JUST WANT TO SAY EVERYONE IS DOING A GRATE JOB ON HERE,I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS WEBSITE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND I LOVE IT, SO I'M GONNA CUT TO THE CHASE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD , MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION ON THE MATTER IS I BELIEVE ASTRONOMERS DON'T KNOW THE SUN 100% OR MAYBE THEY DO AND THEY JUST DON'T WANNA TELL US EVERYTHING BUT I'M TOO GETTING THIS WEIRD FEELING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF 2012 THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT , A DUNNO IF I'M THE ONLY ONE BUT IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING THIS WEIRD VIBE ? IN A WAY WHERE YOU LOOK OUT AT THE NIGHT SKY AND YOUR'E INSTINCTS TELL YOU SOMETHING BAD IS GONNA HAPPEN WELL I THINK ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SUN AND ITS GIVING ME A CONSTANT FEEL OF ANXIETY MAYBE THE MAIN STREAM SCIENTIST ARE LYING TO US ALL AND THE SUN IS BURNING OUT AND IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN SOME 5 BILLION YEARS TIME OR SO , BUT IN FACT COULD BE SLOWLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW , THINK ABOUT IT , ALL THE WEIRD ANOMALIES IN THE SUN IF THE SUN WAS GONNA BURN OUT AND THEY NEW ABOUT IT LOGIC DICTATES THAT NASA AIN'T GONNA TELL YOU SO YOU COULD SAY ITS A POSSIBILITY I'M NOT SAYING IT'S A FACT REMEMBER AND SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS LAUGH OUT LOUD IT'S A BAD HABIT THANKS FOR READING AND PLESE EVERYONE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

YOU ARE CORRECT . IN LATE SUMMER 8-31-2013 IT IS LIKELY A LARGE ELECTRO MAGNETC PULSE OR EMP COMING FROM THE SUN WILL KNOCK OUT POWER GRIDS ACROSS THE WORLD AND BASICALLY SEND US ALL BACK TO LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE DAYS. THANKS FOR POSTING.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kimsie

The sun does not produce EMPs.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kimsie

The sun does not produce EMPs.

What? Yes it does.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kimsie

No.
The Sun produces solar flares, which are not an electromagnetic pulse. The Sun produces CMEs which are not an electromagnetic pulse. The Sun has coronal holes which produce a fast solar wind which is not an electromagnetic pulse.

These are the things that the Sun produces which have much of any effect on Earth and/or the near space surrounding it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A Solar flares effect, depending on the strength of the flare and if strong enough, the solar impact can effect everything including earths magnetic field, power grids, triggering natural disasters and even possibly impacting individual brian activity.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kimsie

No.
Solar flares can have strong effects satellites but the atmosphere absorbs the electromagnetic radiation before it can have any effects on the surface.

CMEs can cause electromagnetic storms which can potentially cause severe problems with power grids.

There is no evidence that solar activity can trigger natural disasters.

I know of no studies on solar activity and brain wave activity but there are some somewhat ambiguous studies on various effects on humans.

The Sun does not produce EMPs.

edit on 3/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The sun's magnetic field can collide and explode, this creates a chain reaction of explosions.

When the blast of particles hits the earth, it compresses the earth's magnetosphere. When earth's magnetic field bounces back into shape, it releases trillion of watts of electricity back towards the earth. In 1859 a huge solar flare hit the earth it set telegraph offices on fire.
An EMP is a burst of electromagnetic radiation from an explosion or a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting electric and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges. The sun is known for creating these pulses in solar flares.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

When earth's magnetic field bounces back into shape, it releases trillion of watts of electricity back towards the earth.
No it doesn't. But the fluctuations of the magnetic field can induce low frequency currents in long conductors like power lines.

In 1859 a huge solar flare hit the earth it set telegraph offices on fire.
No. There were failures of telegraph systems, and some sparks, maybe a fire on a desk or two but it wasn't as if the entire office was set on fire. Those problems were a result of those low frequency currents induced in long conductors.

An EMP is a burst of electromagnetic radiation from an explosion or a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field.
It is more complex than that but a geomagnetic storm is similar to the E3 phase of an EMP, which only affects long conductors.

The sun is known for creating these pulses in solar flares.
No. Solar flares do not produce the effect. It occurs when a CME arrives at Earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is something I like to keep an eye on, I find is so interesting just how much the sun effects Earth in all the ways it does. NASA are worried abut the lack of sun spots because every time they develop, they just burn out without creating anything while the Earth's magnetic shield gets weaker. But although it is worrying, it is a cycle that happens, we just have to wait it out and hope the sun sorts itself out so to speak.
If not, the Earth's shield will continue to get weaker and when the sun flares, if it's a big one, would the Earth be able to protect us from it?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
David Wilcock, says that the energy of our planetary system is rising. I encourage you to visit his site divingcosmos.com. This is information that nasa has released but it isn't getting headlines attention.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimsie
reply to post by Phage

A Solar flares effect, depending on the strength of the flare and if strong enough, the solar impact can effect everything including earths magnetic field, power grids, triggering natural disasters and even possibly impacting individual brian activity.

I hate to disagree with Phage on his response to this, but .....
My friend, Brian, freaks out every time he hears about solar flares. Rendering Kimsie's statement a little more accurate when it comes to "possibly impacting individual "brian" activity".

edit on 11-3-2013 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I know that science understands the sunspot cycle that occurs a bit over every decade, but we have no idea as to the long term patterns of behavior of the sun. And we all know that something that happens in nature that is cyclical can be subject to small changes in patterns, and usually the longer the cycle, the larger the potential change. I think it is much too early to say that the cycle has been incorrect. This is because, as I said, the cycles are not set in stone. They are averages. Give it another year or so.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I would not even concider what Nasa has to say since they hide almost everything

Examples please...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join