It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the original Hebrews..The 12 Tribes of Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I recently read this interesting article which discusses two new studies concerning Europe's Jewish population:

"Two new studies, both out of Israel, have the world spinning. One, released by the Holocaust Memorial Museum, places Europe’s Jewish population in 1939 at between 40 and 50 million, with up to 20 million holocaust dead.

The other, released by Johns Hopkins, finds the following, as reported by Israel’s Haaretz:

“The various groups of Jews in the world today do not share a common genetic origin. We are talking here about groups that are very heterogeneous and which are connected solely by religion…[the] genome of European Jews is a mosaic of ancient peoples and its origin is largely Khazar.”

Later in the article the following information is given:
"As studies show, as few as 2% of Jews in Palestine have any Semitic blood, the term “anti-Semite” can only be applied toward those who align themselves against the Palestinian people."

www.presstv.ir...

If the Jews of the Jewish Diaspora, or if the Jews who currently live in Israel have less than 2% Semitic blood, then what happened to the original Hebrews, the 12 Tribes of Israel..??

edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

I don't normally complain about sources, but is an Iranian website really the one you want to pick to give accurate information concerning Jews?

Do you have any other sources to back up this same claim?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

What they revealed was that Arabs and Jews are essentially a single population, and that Palestinians are slap bang in the middle of the different Jewish populations (as shown in this figure).

Another team, lead by Almut Nebel at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, took a closer look in 2001. They found that Jewish lineages essentially bracket Muslim Kurds, but they were also very closely related to Palestinians. In fact, what their analysis suggested was that Palestinians were identical to Jews, but with a small mix of Arab genes - what you would expect if they were originally from the same stock, but that Palestinians had mixed a little with Arab immigrants. They conclude:

We propose that the Y chromosomes in Palestinian Arabs and Bedouin represent, to a large extent, early lineages derived from the Neolithic inhabitants of the area and additional lineages from more-recent population movements. The early lineages are part of the common chromosome pool shared with Jews (Nebel et al. 2000). According to our working model, the more-recent migrations were mostly from the Arabian Peninsula...

So, as far as male lineage goes, the genetic story is very clear. Palestinians and Jews are virtually indistinguishable.

epiphenom.fieldofscience.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If the Jews of the Jewish Diaspora, or if the Jews who currently live in Israel have less than 2% Semitic blood, then what happened to the original Hebrews, the 12 Tribes of Israel..??

My guess is that they have been absorbed into the middle eastern population or are a large part of the 30 million strong Pashtun tribesmen of Afghanistan and N.W.Pakistan.... still using their clan names.
As in, Ephraim = Afridi , Reuben = Rabbani, Asher = Ashuri, Levi = Levani, Naftali = Daftani, Gad = Gadoon etc
Then there are several other cultural similarities between the Pashtuns and the Hebrews, which this video describes quite well....

The idea that Pashtuns are descended from the 12 tribes happens to be a very strong theory. This idea is further expanded by Second Israeli president Itzhak Ben-Zvi. He writes in his book "The Exiled and the Redeemed

"The Afghan tribes, among whom the Jews have lived for generations, are Moslems who retain to this day their amazing tradition about their descent from the Ten Tribes. It is an ancient tradition, and one not without some historical plausibility... if the Afghan tribes persistently adhere to the tradition that they were once Hebrews and in course of time embraced Islam, and there is not an alternative tradition also existent among them, they are certainly Jewish."

This is a subject that I have covered previously...

Prophecy watchers....keep your eyes on Afghanistan

Old Testament names in Afghanistan and Pakistan and the case of the Muslim Israelites.

edit on 8-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have often wondered this myself.
The main cause for my curiosity was a few verses in Revelations, Chapter 3.

7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

The term 'semite' denotes a descendant of Shem, Noah's son, and 'Jew' is a descendant of Judah, a descendant of Abraham, who was a descendant of Shem. To say a Semite is a Jew is more than likely incorrect, but one who is Jewish by birth is always a Semite.

After Israel and Judah were conquered by Assyria and Babylon, all but the poorest were relocated and the population replaced by peoples of their respective empires. Assyrians in Israel, Babylonians in Judah.
The 10 tribes that lived in Israel are said to have been scattered to the four winds, but a lot of the residents of Judah returned after Babylon fell to the Persian/Median empire.

I realize that this is rather condensed, and in no way really answers your question of where are the true hebrews at today, it is a start.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
“The God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river of Gozan, to this day.
-1 Chronicles 5:26”

1. Habor = Pesh-Habor = Peshawar (Pesh means pass... city of the pass)

2. Hara = Herat

3. Gozan = The ancient name of the River Amu Darya wiki

Also watch the documentary that I posted.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I don't normally complain about sources, but is an Iranian website really the one you want to pick to give accurate information concerning Jews?

Do you have any other sources to back up this same claim?

Hi and thanks for your response, yes I thought about the source also, and to be honest I haven't had a chance to do more research and find other sources, but I thought that since the studies had been conducted by well known entities (Smithsonian Institute,) I thought it seemed pretty good. I can certainly look into though,
Thanks!

Also, I am sincere with the post, since I am actually trying to determine if perhaps those tribes actually somehow wound up in spain; I had read that a very long time ago, but I lost that source.. I have to keep searching though..

edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

This sounds a bit amusing, but to keep up with the myth of promised land, shouldn't we then ask the Israeli jews to kindly move to Afghanistan?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I don't know who they are. Heck, they might not know who they are.... But God knows. They will have some kind of seal in the last days, during the reign of the antichrist.

4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
Revelation 7:4-8 NKJV

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

I don't know who they are. Heck, they might not know who they are.... But God knows. They will have some kind of seal in the last days, during the reign of the antichrist.

4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
Revelation 7:4-8 NKJV

Well, the way that I'm starting to figure, I'm going to say that to be a Hebrew you should at least speak the Hebrew language.. those folks at least would feel the most authentic to me, since they are the ones who have
been willing to preserve the heritage and tradition of their language. Food would be important also;
I think actually that's sort of one of the quips I have with the jewish community, is that they seem to have few to no roots or rootedness with things Near Eastern. Bagels are East European and Polish.?
But that's a great post, with revelations;

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

This sounds a bit amusing, but to keep up with the myth of promised land, shouldn't we then ask the Israeli jews to kindly move to Afghanistan?

The real question is .... when do the Pashtun Israelites start moving to Israel.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by deckdel

The real question is .... when do the Pashtun Israelites start moving to Israel.

I'm about to watch some of the video footage and it should be interesting.. in the meantime I was also maybe thinking that one could trace the Hebrews by tracing the Aramaic language as well, and it is true that Aramaic is found spoken in say for example the area where the Kurds are, Southern Eastern Turkey, and I believe there are likewise areas in Iraq and Syria where it is still spoken as well; Aramaic actually was also spoken in quite a bit of Persia/Iran, so the idea that some kind of migration could have occurred as far east as Afghanistan holds up pretty well..

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

My guess is that they have been absorbed into the middle eastern population or are a large part of the 30 million strong Pashtun tribesmen of Afghanistan and N.W.Pakistan.... still using their clan names.
As in, Ephraim = Afridi , Reuben = Rabbani, Asher = Ashuri, Levi = Levani, Naftali = Daftani, Gad = Gadoon etc
Then there are several other cultural similarities between the Pashtuns and the Hebrews, which this video describes quite well....

The idea that Pashtuns are descended from the 12 tribes happens to be a very strong theory. This idea is further expanded by Second Israeli president Itzhak Ben-Zvi. He writes in his book "The Exiled and the Redeemed

"The Afghan tribes, among whom the Jews have lived for generations, are Moslems who retain to this day their amazing tradition about their descent from the Ten Tribes. It is an ancient tradition, and one not without some historical plausibility... if the Afghan tribes persistently adhere to the tradition that they were once Hebrews and in course of time embraced Islam, and there is not an alternative tradition also existent among them, they are certainly Jewish."

This is a subject that I have covered previously...

Prophecy watchers....keep your eyes on Afghanistan

Old Testament names in Afghanistan and Pakistan and the case of the Muslim Israelites.

edit on 8-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Actually this is a really good video..I thought the finding of the cemeteries with the Hebrew/Aramaic writings and symbols was particularly revealing and also simply the idea that someone out there is making movies concerning the return of the lost tribes during messianic times, well, that was kind of flabberghasting: apparently others also those in the Jewish/Judaic communities are doing these types of research and heavily so..

I will have to look up the part 2 or follow up videos for that; -- so somewhere is Scripture it is stated that the lost tribes would be returning or would be re-united before during anticipation of the Messiah?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
moderators... please delete. Thank you.
edit on 11/3/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
nevermind.... wrong thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the original hebrews are in second exodus right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, you have a lot of people whose ancestors were forced to convert from Judaism to Christianity or face an early death from the Church authorities of their time.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Something to consider here is what Genesis 48 and Genesis 49 have to say on the subject.

Summarized it states that the Jews and Israelites would scatter to the world and become a multitude of nations. And they started on that as far back as Moses and the Exodus. You don't think all the Israelites left with Moses do you? Not to mention the thousand or so years that Israel was a nation and the 2000 years that followed with the Diaspora?

Most likely after that much time 60 to 90% plus of the worlds population could probably claim to be an Israelite.

top topics

join