Proof Smokers live longer than non smokers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Yes was that tobacco that they rolled themselves or the more modern cigarettes out now? Is there a difference in additives then from now? Was it organic tobacco that they grew themselves or purchased or the tobacco plants now? Not to mention the individuals propensity towards health problems..

There are too many variables to accurately state that they will live longer. You need a larger control group with the tobacco itself being kept the same for their entire lives.

Trust me, I want this to be true. I would buy a pack tomorrow.

Smoke free for 67 days now.

your exactly right. i use to smoke 2 packs of camel filters a day, before they started all these new crazy taxes on cigarettes.

i called them lung busters, i would fire one up and cough most of the way through it.

the new taxes were eating me alive, so i started buying the cheap brands but most of them sucked.

then one day i found a brand called native.
here is a write up about them.

Made by Native Trading Associates in the Mohawk Nation Territory.

Length: 3 5/16 inch, 84 mm; filter 13/16 inch, 21 mm. The tobacco is a blend of mostly medium brown flakes and crumbs, with a few light and dark ribbons throughout. No foreign matter was found in the sample, and it compressed about 1/16 inch in the tamp-down test. The pack also touts the words "All Natural" and "100% Additive Free". The Old Guy rated this one about a "7" on a scale to 10. He was pleased with the smooth draw and the bold flavor, which had a surprising "kick" and just a hint of vanilla. He didn't think it burned too quickly, either. The biggest problem, he felt, was the extremely unpleasant aftertaste it left behink. It definitely called for a big gulp of one's favorite beverage to get past. It didn't seem to dissipate after the third or fourth "test", either. Aside from that, he would recommend this brand to those looking for a good, solid economical smoke. And the average cost of about $11.00 per carton certainly doesn't hurt.

the write up seems to fairly accurate, of course i don't get them for 11 bucks. i pay a $3.42 a pack.

but now i only smoke about a pack every two days and don't cough at all, i think that's becauce they are additive free and don't have all that bs that the big tobacco companies put in theirs.

here is what the pack looks like.

edit on 8-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This thread should not be allowed to advertise or promote cigarettes or smoking

ALERT ALERT ALERT

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
What is in a cigarette? ALA

Acetone – found in nail polish remover
Acetic Acid – an ingredient in hair dye
Ammonia – a common household cleaner
Arsenic – used in rat poison
Benzene – found in rubber cement
Butane – used in lighter fluid
Cadmium – active component in battery acid
Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes
Formaldehyde – embalming fluid
Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid
Lead – used in batteries
Napthalene – an ingredient in moth balls
Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel
Nicotine – used as insecticide
Tar – material for paving roads
Toluene - used to manufacture paint

Quit in August, though I do enjoy a cig once in a bluemoon. Nasty little buggers, but as a prior smoker it does have its comfort value.
edit on 8-3-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

I am sorry to offend you but please tell me your not that stupid to believe that tar is the same as the stuff they build roads with? If so you are very lacking in your info to say the least. Smh....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

This isn't a representative sample, it's ten people. That's just an anecdote, not how you arrive at truth. Here's an actual study, with a representative sample that is sourced and verified.

Effect of Smoking of Life Span: Canada

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Yes was that tobacco that they rolled themselves or the more modern cigarettes out now? Is there a difference in additives then from now? Was it organic tobacco that they grew themselves or purchased or the tobacco plants now? Not to mention the individuals propensity towards health problems..

There are too many variables to accurately state that they will live longer. You need a larger control group with the tobacco itself being kept the same for their entire lives.

Trust me, I want this to be true. I would buy a pack tomorrow.

Smoke free for 67 days now.

Yeah, most of the problem does come from the additives and chemicals used in agriculture. So why didn't they target these additives and bad growing practices instead of cigarettes themselves. Something doesn't seem right. I think they are trying to shift our focus from something that is really bad. I think Eugenics is still in force..

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Maybe the smokes we are sold are the bigest problem.

I wonder if i plant a tobacco seed and let it grow, cut it and dry it, choppe it to bits to smoke.

If there would be those 4000 additives they say regular store cigarettes have.

Of course not! what plant could you feed all that sht to.
Plants take what they need to survive, they pretty much all need the same thing.

If tobacco plants have 4000 additives it would mean that all the plants we use have the same 4000 additives
so that we are consuming all of them in our food also

if so burning the additive before consumption might just not be so bad.

Do the tobacco cies ADD those 4000 ADDitives

If they do then its the same as all the other additives like fluoride, asparthame and all tha sht

Things that make me go ummmm

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

You pussy! I quit cold turkey 13 years ago after 27 years of smoking. You never really quit if you're still leaning on a crutch. I don't even remember having smoked at this point. It's like I never did.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

You pussy! I quit cold turkey 13 years ago after 27 years of smoking. You never really quit if you're still leaning on a crutch. I don't even remember having smoked at this point. It's like I never did.

Doesn't mean you wont catch cancer though... My uncle never smoked, worked as a farmer all his life and died at 55 with cancer all through his body. Smoking isn't the only habit that causes cancer and as for you insult, not everyone can quit cold turkey...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I ask all cigarette smokers to at least try an electronic cigarette.

My new years resolution this year was to quit smoking cigarettes. With the help of ecigs, I was able to.

My breath is fresher, I can smell better, and I no longer get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

Probably the best decision I've made for my health.

Deal, you buy me one i´ll try it....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

If you live in a city your carcinogenic intake is the equivalent of smoking fourty unfiltered ciggys a day.If you sear a steak on a barbeque its the equivalent of five hundred ciggys. Im not for or against smoking im for the freedom of informed choice.That a two edged sword, manufactured cigs and there poisons,should be well known.But also the other side of the coin as well..the fact that its an appetite suppresant, you ve got to admit we are a load of fatties now, a few years back they would be having a smoke,instead of a pizza, because of the fast fat food, they now take other drugs prescribed by their doctor. Because of host of non tobacco related health problems. Nicotine being the only stopper of alztheimers, Probably because nicotine is converted into nicotinimide? ...shizophrenia and mental health problems on the increase, pheraps the food is so processed only smokers are getting B3
All i know is that, people have smoked something or other ever since they became human. Then every generation or two a group of idiots get together and try to stop, them with religious vigour. Because they think they have discovered that not smoking, is the holy grail to good health.It might help but not if the present alternatives are used instead.
With regards to all the mass shootings that have happened lately, i bet not one of the guys that did the deed was a smoker.What !!?? you might ask i suggest smokers are a more reflective breed. Anyway what do you want a long miserable life or shorter one with a few buzzes if thats your turn on?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Smoking is really not that bad for you. There is no doubt that it can cause cancer but the whole making smokers unable to smoke anywhere is BS. There is no proof that second hand smoke causes anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This thread is obviously in the correct forum. Because a smoker vs. non-smoker pissing match = survivalism, right? Right?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
This thread is obviously in the correct forum. Because a smoker vs. non-smoker pissing match = survivalism, right? Right?

Yup, i don't see the problem

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well the gentleman in the clip, is Not a Smoker, in the modern sense.

He Smoked a Pipe!!! Most young people havent seen a pipe smoker, but if you did, you would know they use raw tobacco, and generally wave it around in their hands and only Occasionally have a few puffs. They do NOT draw back pipe smoking (also like cigar smoking), but simply puff the smoke out. It is much like people who suck pens and pencils, its the feeling of having something in your hands/mouth. You will also find that pipe smokers, constantly have to relight their tobacco, as it is forever going out.

Pipe/Cigar smoking is NOTHING like cigarette smoking and is a poor example to use to defend "Smokers".

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!! (a well known saying from the old days).....
edit on 9-3-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I do not know the voracity of the claims being made in the OP? However, tell me something that does not cause cancer, and can kill you? It seems everything is deadly now-a-days, and smoking is just another knife in our back. Although, I still believe it ought to be a person's choice to drink, smoke, or do whatever they wish as long as it is legal. I do not look kindly upon those whom stick their noses up at people that smoke, berate and ridicule, and down right discriminate against another portion of society. That is just plain wrong!

Those "Smoke Nazis," ought to be giving the smokers a big wet kiss on the cheek, because their foolhearty choice is funding the schools for their brats, maintaining the roads, supplying the medical establishment and pharmeceutical companies with billions in revenue, putting bread on the table for millions of ambulance chasers, and so on and so forth. If the cigarettes are the bane to our existance, and death dealers? Then why are they not made illegal, because our dear benevolent government is so fit and willing to ban other things? I will tell you why it is not? Too many people are getting rich off it. The gravy train with biscuit wheels!

So they say one thing, but are padding their pockets at the expense of others. Beware of those that speak with forked-tongues. I am of the opinion that cigarrettes are harmful to your health, but there are plenty of other things out there that are harmful as well. I don't recall anyone discovering an elixir for immortality?
edit on 9-3-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Bertrand Russell was a pipe smoker, and pipe smokers do statistically live longer than non smokers. But then consider the stereotypical pipe smoker personality, laid back, not stressed. They also generally only smoke a few bowls per day and it is usually not inhaled.
Compare to the stereotypical cigarette smoker, stressed, needs a fag to calm down, inhales deeply...
Of course pipe smoking can kill also, but the statistics do show that pipe smokers live longer than no smokers.
Cigarettes? Gonna kill ya early.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Congratulations, Pavmas, for cheering me up on what is a miserable, wet, cold day. I quote:

In 1970s people ate chicken perhaps once or twice a year and 50% of people smoked and cancer was unheard of

but no matter how much research I do I cant find that much danger in smoking

smoking kills NO.

You know, you may be onto something here. In fact, every time I have walked past the huddles of people having a quick fag outside pubs, I have been astounded by how healthy they have all looked. Now, thanks to you, it all makes perfect sense.

So you just keep right on smoking. You just keep living in your dreamworld. Because you could be on your death-bed, dying of lung cancer, and you'd deny smoking could have had anything to do with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My uncle just had a lung transplant. He's been smoking all his life. Yeh smoking is great for you T.T

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've just quit this week, and although I'd like to think the OP has it right, lets get serious he's just coming up with the only excuses he has left to justify his smoking.

Does smoking cause cancer? pretty sure it does.Would smoking pure tobacco cigarettes be a better choice if you inisist on smoking? pretty sure it would be. Would not smoking altogether be better for your health? yes. Will it make you live longer if you quit? well how long is a piece of string?, when your number is up, your number is up, but I sure dont want to tempt fate by smoking until the day I die.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I have not found any proof that it is unhealthy, what I have found is that every experiment and study done is doctored to give the results they want, it is ll lies, name any study any where and I will get the proof where they lied.

Inhaling nearly any smoke is unhealthy. Nearly all burning matter releases carcinogens. Cigarette smoke has many more due to the additives.

Not to mention all the other diseases inhaling smoke on a regular basis causes.

This thread is so dumb.

edit on 9-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join