Proof Smokers live longer than non smokers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In 2006 the 10 oldest people in the world were smokers that is a fact.

Here is a video of a smoker who smoked for years 70 years and tells in the video how smoking actually saved his life

www.youtube.com...
edit on Sat Mar 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes was that tobacco that they rolled themselves or the more modern cigarettes out now? Is there a difference in additives then from now? Was it organic tobacco that they grew themselves or purchased or the tobacco plants now? Not to mention the individuals propensity towards health problems..

There are too many variables to accurately state that they will live longer. You need a larger control group with the tobacco itself being kept the same for their entire lives.

Trust me, I want this to be true. I would buy a pack tomorrow.

Smoke free for 67 days now.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So what exactly is your endgame, that smoking is not unhealthy?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Going strong at 2 packs a day for 18 years.

Explicit language warning.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

The smoker you're talking about is Bertrand Russell, the philosopher.
He was also known to have really bad breath and a very bad yellow teeth.

Russell had such bad breath that Lady Ottoline Morrell refused to sleep with him for a while

Is it worth it to live a long life and having women refuse to kiss or sleep with you ?

edit on 8-3-2013 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
In 2006 the 10 oldest people in the world were smokers that is a fact.

Here is a video of a smoker who smoked for years 70 years and tells in the video how smoking actually saved his life

www.youtube.com...

What was he smoking?

Tobacco, or other types of plants?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I have 80 % blood flow in my right leg, i take aspirin and simvastatin every day.
I am 47........ I started smoking when i was 14, i stopped one year ago.

I thought nothing would happen to me either, I might have just dodged a bullet
i might not have.

Smoking maims and kills don't be stupid, Don't smoke.
edit on 8-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Yes was that tobacco that they rolled themselves or the more modern cigarettes out now? Is there a difference in additives then from now? Was it organic tobacco that they grew themselves or purchased or the tobacco plants now? Not to mention the individuals propensity towards health problems..

There are too many variables to accurately state that they will live longer. You need a larger control group with the tobacco itself being kept the same for their entire lives.

You should try vaping nicotine eliquid mate...smoke free for over 2 years using one...best move i ever made.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I smoked for 40 years. I have been smoke free now for almost 8 months. Smoking will kill you. I watched a friend of mine slowly die over 10 years as he hacked his lungs out. He finally quit smoking a couple of weeks before he died but it was too little too late.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by superman2012

You should try vaping nicotine eliquid mate...smoke free for over 2 years using one...best move i ever made.

I have one in my hand right now... 18mg strawberry out of a Riva 1100

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Lol...i'm on 24mg RY4 (HC's version) with a carto tank on a Provari.

Vape on!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Smoked for 20 odd years now, and drink like a fish. Latest physical for insurance purposes, Blood pressure a "little" high but other than that, no problems

Saying that, I still plan to quit smoking. I imagine a few days after I quit I'll get hit by a bus. One life, enjoy the sh*t out of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

He must have had something going for him, despite the bad breath and bad teeth.

He had more than his fair share of women, did our Bertie.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I ask all cigarette smokers to at least try an electronic cigarette.

My new years resolution this year was to quit smoking cigarettes. With the help of ecigs, I was able to.

My breath is fresher, I can smell better, and I no longer get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

Probably the best decision I've made for my health.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by pavmas

I have 80 % blood flow in my right leg, i take aspirin and simvastatin every day.
I am 47........ I started smoking when i was 14, i stopped one year ago.

I thought nothing would happen to me either, I might have just dodged a bullet
i might not have.

Smoking maims and kills don't be stupid, Don't smoke.
edit on 8-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Well Im 54 and a type1 Diabetic and have nerve damage that was the result of an industrial accident and i take morphine and insulin daily, but what make matters worse is Im blind in one eye and if i lost my sight i would be as well as dying.

If I knew smoking was bad and cause blindness in diabetics as they are claiming now I would have stopped instantly.

Im Scottish and stopped drinking as soon as I became diabetic as I had seen first hand how drink causes blindness in diabetics and have not touched a drink since.

But Consultants told me I must stop smoking and I could drink as much as I want, I told them they had it back to front.
I still smoke and they never even comment on it now because any report any study i can quote it and tell them the exact findings, they dont even know what Im talking about and offer no proof they are just repeating exactly what they were taught in medical school.

Listen if they government taxed pictures of blond woman, you would have been told that looking at to much pictures of blond woman caused you leg damage,

Here is a link proving they just make things up as they go along.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Of course they say smoking caused it' blame the paitent for self infliction and raise the tax (its a con)

One think I do not touch is animal products meat or by products as I knew a few cancer consultants who smoked and drank but if any of the nurses had meat in their lunch box and put it in the fridge with their lunch they went bananas and through everything out and made them clean out the fridge with disinfectant, thats how scared these consultants were of meat coming into contact with their packed lunch, i also worked on a farm.

When I joined ATS in DEc I said I was going to do a thread on smokings linking the facts the experiments and prove to people on here how it is all lies.

It will take me days to write it up and provide links, but by the end of it you will know all the truth with names of people that thought up the link with smoking and cancer the reasons etc.

Just think on this' in the UK they are doing all they can to kill off the disabled and the old, if smoking was that bad for you they would be giving cartons out to people on welfare for free,

Its just the medicine and the i flu jab you get for free.

I will get round to doing this thread, but meantime you should have a look at your diet make sure your water tank has a cover on it.

And here is one for those with time on their hands.
In 1970s people ate chicken perhaps once or twice a year and 50% of people smoked and cancer was unheard off, until I was 20 I just heard of 1 person that died from it.

now in 2013 20% smoke and everybody seems to be dying of cancer, My sister in law breast cancer, my sister in law liver cancer, my brother in law brain cancer, my brother died of cancer aged 50 and all none smokers.

Back to when I worked on the farm. the farmer raised free range chickens but would not eat it, he said and i quote (IF YOU MUST EAT CHICKEN EAT THE BREAST ONLY AND THROW THE REST AWAY, DO NOT PICK AT THE BONES AS A HENS BONES ARE RIDDLED WITH CANCER)

I have not eat meat since that day.

Since the 1970s intensive farming has seen chicken eaten by everyone more and more and some even 3 times a week which is a difference to once or twice a year, smoking down cancer up and chicken consumption up.

I would rather stick a smoke in my mouth than chicken and thats the truth.

Im not scared of smoking I have done my research and know its all lies but what baffles me about conspiracy sites is they know their governments lies non stop but they all seem to swallow the smoking lie without researching it.

I will do that thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
I smoked for 40 years. I have been smoke free now for almost 8 months. Smoking will kill you. I watched a friend of mine slowly die over 10 years as he hacked his lungs out. He finally quit smoking a couple of weeks before he died but it was too little too late.

And you know smoking caused this how.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just trying to figure out again, your claim is that smoking is not harmful for the human body?

"Why does smoking raise cancer risk?

Scientists say there are over 4,000 compounds in cigarette smoke. A sizeable number of them are toxic - they are bad for us and damage our cells. Some of them cause cancer - they are carcinogenic.

Tobacco smoke consists mainly of:

Nicotine - this is not carcinogenic. However, it is highly addictive. Smokers find it very hard to quit because they are hooked on the nicotine. Nicotine is an extremely fast-acting drug. It reaches the brain within 15 seconds of being inhaled. If cigarettes and other tobacco products had no nicotine, the number of people who smoke every day would drop drastically. Without nicotine, the tobacco industry would collapse.
Nicotine is used as a highly controlled insecticide. Exposure to sufficient amounts can lead to vomiting, seizures, depression of the CNS (central nervous system), and growth retardation. It can also undermine a fetus' proper development.

Carbon Monoxide - this is a poisonous gas. It has no smell or taste. The body finds it hard to differentiate carbon monoxide from oxygen and absorbs it into the bloodstream. Faulty boilers emit dangerous carbon monoxide, as do car exhausts.

If there is enough carbon monoxide around you and you inhale it, you can go into a coma and die. Carbon monoxide decreases muscle and heart function, it causes fatigue, weakness, and dizziness. It is especially toxic for babies still in the womb, infants and indifividuals with heart or lung disease.

Tar - consists of several cancer-causing chemicals. When a smoker inhales cigarette smoke, 70% of the tar remains in the lungs. Try the handkerchief test. Fill the mouth with smoke, don't inhale, and blow the smoke through the handkerchief. There will be a sticky, brown stain on the cloth. Do this again, but this time inhale and the blow the smoke through the cloth, there will only be a very faint light brown stain."

Full source article.

First article

From a different article

"The key finding is that both the hazards of smoking and, correspondingly, the benefits of stopping are bigger than previous studies have suggested; smokers who stopped around age 30 avoided 97% of their excess risk of premature death, and although serious excess hazards remained for decades among those who smoked until age 40 before stopping, the excess hazards among those who continued smoking after age 40 were ten times bigger."

2 article on why smoking is bad

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

I have not found any proof that it is unhealthy, what I have found is that every experiment and study done is doctored to give the results they want, it is ll lies, name any study any where and I will get the proof where they lied.

For instance everyone must be aware of the rise in diabetes, I said to my son watch they will say smoking causes diabetes, that was in 2008.

If you check cancer research site they say there are studies where a link is showing that smoking can lead to diabetes, i kid you not.
These people are peddling fear on lies.

One thing I do know about is diabetes and smoking, Im blind in one eye and searched over a year everything to do with diabetes and eye problems and know for a fact that no study anywhere in the world has taken place to see if smoking whilst being diabetic could lead to blindness,

Blindness is my only fear in the world, they are reporting on cancer research and diabetes sites that studies have shown that smoking can lead to blindness in diabetics.

That very week I had considered stopping smoking just in case it could affect my eyes, After reading that I continue to smoke as I now know they just make it up as they go along, they lie, sweetners with the aspritane is whats causing it I have no doubt about that but no proof, I have proof that smoking does not cause blindness in diabetics as no studies have been done on this diabetic complication so the claims are made up lies.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I feel for you smokers because addiction sucks but this post of yours is absurd.

I get that sometimes some people are just lucky, some people do everything else right and for some their body handles toxins differently. No two people are alike so sure some people can smoke up until there 90's and be a.okay but that is a very...very rare thing.

I use to smoke too but i quit almost six years ago right after I watched my mother who came to visit take a drag off her smoke then put her oxygen back in her nostrils. Something snapped in me and I thought that will never be me. I quit, it took a month of patches but I did it, not one drag since.

My mom got so tired of waking up choking, and not being able to walk more than two steps or have a simple conversation, plus pneumonia was almost always present in the end that she took her own life at just 48 years old. She smoked a pack a day plus since she was 16. She had COPD and Emphysema and would have lived according to her doctors no more than four more years.

How can you sit around your computer and willingly put out false information that some kid could see and think "if they can, so can I". You should be ashamed of yourself. Stop trying to make yourself feel better about your own habits by putting out false info. Grow up dude. Some people smoke, some dont, some will survive it for a long time and others won't but there is nothing good about it period.

this is what is in a cigarette, still think it's good for you?
www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com...

edit on 8-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

Originally posted by opethPA

I have not found any proof that it is unhealthy, what I have found is that every experiment and study done is doctored to give the results they want, it is ll lies, name any study any where and I will get the proof where they lied.

For instance everyone must be aware of the rise in diabetes, I said to my son watch they will say smoking causes diabetes, that was in 2008.

If you check cancer research site they say there are studies where a link is showing that smoking can lead to diabetes, i kid you not.
These people are peddling fear on lies.

One thing I do know about is diabetes and smoking, Im blind in one eye and searched over a year everything to do with diabetes and eye problems and know for a fact that no study anywhere in the world has taken place to see if smoking whilst being diabetic could lead to blindness,

Blindness is my only fear in the world, they are reporting on cancer research and diabetes sites that studies have shown that smoking can lead to blindness in diabetics.

That very week I had considered stopping smoking just in case it could affect my eyes, After reading that I continue to smoke as I now know they just make it up as they go along, they lie, sweetners with the aspritane is whats causing it I have no doubt about that but no proof, I have proof that smoking does not cause blindness in diabetics as no studies have been done on this diabetic complication so the claims are made up lies.

No amount of proof is going to make you believe this. No amount of stories from victims and survivors of smoking will change you mind so whatever makes you feel better..If you want to smoke , go for it.
I'm glad that I don't have to deal with smokers in many public places. I'm glad smokers are stuck huddling outside to continue polluting their bodies and the air around them.
I hope no one never takes the ability for smokers to smoke because if people want to do that to themselves then great.

Keep believing smoking is not unhealthy for you.

edit on 8-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join