It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean tunnels under South Korea and the possibility of nukes being placed in them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You don't seem to care about the topless russian sunbathers on the 40th parallel (equivalent to Vancouver B.C.- they have palm trees there,north of NK!) obviously I'm not getting my point across

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

Thus is the problem no one knows what Un is doing or thinking he has been warned about the test's the sanctions and yet he has done them. Does he have the right to have Nukes by his actions alone should tell the answer.
Looking for Intel on the tunnels i found this www.f-106deltadart.com... from the link

North Korean Infiltration Tunnels Under the DMZ

North Korea began digging tunnels under the DMZ at the same time that the South and the North first launched peace talks in 1974. According to intelligence analysis it is believed that North Korea began digging the tunnels after Kim Il-sung (North Korea's President) issued the September 25 Combat Readiness Order in 1971. In this order, he stressed the need to dig tunnels under the Demilitarized Zone, saying that one tunnel would be more effective than 10 atomic bombs and would thus be the best means to overwhelm the heavily fortified front.
Do they have any now? Well what would you think?... Yes

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nobody cares anymore about the hundreds perhaps thousands of miles of tunnels throughout the country anymore? Along with the nukes? Or the cute russians to the north?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
When I was stationed in South Korea, Camp Casey, we were always briefed on what the north was doing, during a 1 year period during 1992-1993 there were 5 tunnels that were found leading into south korea, big enough to drive a tractor trailer through.

Standard operating procedure was to flood the tunnels and eventual have them cave in on themselfs.

The dectection of these tunnels is an on going project for south korea all the time. With the newer technoligy I don't believe that ther really are any that are left.

Yeah this was a much bigger threat in the past. Now it would be very hard to pull off. Over the last 50 years the South has developed the tech and training to make this hard to pull off now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join