It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are NOT about your subconcious desires...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by supernova56
reply to post by BROB51

I saw a documentary not too long ago where scientists were doing all types of tests on animals, and humans to determine what exactly dreams are. They came to the conclusion that dreams are actually our brain preparing for events so that when an event like that happens we'll be sort of familiar with the situation since it was already in our dream.

i would like to see that, do you recall the name or where you saw it?
i would be interested in how they came to that coclusion, do they have some kind of device which allows them to view/hear the dream?
im not saying you didnt see it or that thier conclusions were wrong, it just seems like a hypothetical "schrodingers" dream. Ihope you see what im getting at...
How could they come to that conclusion with out experiencing each dream themselves?
And that is assuming that dreams are "objevtive" and not "subjective"

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Funny you should say that. That's actually exactly how my skepticism works. The reason I have the topic "Skeptics and believers need not be at odds" in my signature is because to me skepticism means open-mindedness. Not rejecting a thing that lacks proof, but merely refraining from accepting it as fact. That way I can also "sample" belief, in order to experience what it has to offer. If that makes sense.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BROB51

I think our dreams are a guide. These people you don't know, you will know.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BROB51
reply to post by DazDaKing

Yes! I say to myself that if I can imagine it then it surely exists in one form of reality or another, because if it didnt then why would I even be able to picture it in my mind? So yes its silly but if I can imagine a world where lollipops grow out of the ground then surely that place does exist. This becomes especially true when you have a strange dream and you wake up and say "well thats not even possible" but oh it is! Your imagination is the greatest indicator that ANYTHING is possible.

I love that you said that. This is exactly how I feel and believe. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Sometimes I wonder if anything truly is possibly in that realm via sheer thought and will. Perhaps biological life is a growth or trial phase. Having the ability to conjure most anything with thought -- infinite possibility -- that's a lot of power for sentient beings to wield. If that realm were to accept people who wanted to control or bully others, or people who are as selfish as many of us here on Earth, it would be a mess...

Maybe this is where the old saying comes in (don't really know how it goes in English, but something like: "If you have a wish and your heart is pure, magical things can happen". I think it is all about the pureness of a wish. If it is troubled with doubt or harmful intentions, it won't come true. I also think doubt is a main factor in magical things not appearing/happening as they are in our dreams in our wake-life. I mean, there must be hardly one single person in this world who has for instance not been told human's can't fly (other than in their dreams) maybe if no one ever said that to anyone ... ;-.)

There is this very old book from James M. Barrie, "Little white bird", in which there is a little boy who was able to fly until someone told him, he were human and not a bird. This book has first been published in 1902 and it always amazes me to think people back then were wondering about the same things we are today.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

I know what you mean I presented a very vague description. It was actually a pbs episode of nova if i recall correctly. you can probably find it pretty easily on the pbs website. I think its titled 'What are dreams?' or something similar to that. It was a very interesting documentary, I plan on watching it again soon.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BROB51

Apparently you've read something that you are arguing with.. Maybe an article.. Someone's idea that you happen to hear..

As far as seeing other people in the real world appearing in dreams, I think not. You don't have to see them. We're all a collective species. We don't have to see anyone to know they exist or could exist. It could be someone from the past, present, or even the future. We are collective, remember that.

The meaning of dreams? I believe they are what you believe they are. Dreams are funny sometimes, they work in so many different ways. I've have lucid dreams, premonitions, precognitive.. and just plain old dreams. Look within yourself. Only know what your dreams mean, hence.. they are yours.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Dreams are just another reality, and as you said they're are various levels.
Id go as far to say as they are real places.
Ive had countless dreams of going to the same areas, i have even drawn maps of these places as i know them that well.

I know for a fact that those people you know, that care about you, you do actually know.
They are either your guides, or people you know in the spirit world.

Guides frequently enter your dreams, for what ever reason.

Dreams are not just recollections of what you experience, they are problems your are facing, or things that are on your mind.

Dreams are their to guide you.

The more conscious you are the more you can use this to your advantage to communicate with guides to get answers etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Lately I've been reading some channeled material from an entity called 'Joshiah' that has been resonating very strongly with me. He speaks with a depth and level of clarity that most are unable to. I believe it him to be a fairly accurate channel, and so I'll share with you something I was reading earlier today in relation to the subject of dreams.

Questioner: Could you elaborate on the role and significance that dreams have?

Joshiah: (Inaudible). The entities existing in your vibrational level enter into what we refer to as the dream state. The dream state, in a so-called deep dream state, is one level if you wish to look at levels of consciousness, or one step away from being involved in the consciousness that we refer to as the between-incarnational state. In the dream state you are indeed are interacting with other entities that are in your so-called vibrational level in this incarnational period, but also in other incarnational periods as well. And you in your so-called dream state interact with that multi-dimensional personality that you are in other so-called incarnational periods.

In your dream state, you exist without the limitations of your so-called human consciousness belief systems in time and space and the various other human consciousness belief systems. And in your dream state, indeed, you can make choices and do make choices to be involved in certain realities to allow you to experience certain emotions and feelings. And in your dream state, you many times put in place, if you wish, the belief systems or alter the belief systems or alter certain beliefs within belief systems that allow you to influence the reality that you experience in your awake and consciousness state.

In your so-called past, in your history, the dream state could have a much more direct impact on your reality than it does in this so-called transference state that you’re in as you enter into this new age and new energy. Now, it’s not that you can’t still be involved in that process and many individuals choose to remain involved in that process, but in your new age and new energy, what you accomplished in your dream state will be much easier for you to accomplish in your so-called awake and consciousness state, to get an understanding of the process that’s necessary for you to alter a belief in order to alter the reality.

And so the dream state which you enter into on a regular basis, every individual enters into the dream state, you can’t sustain your reality without entering into the dream state. It’s like, you can’t exist forever; at some level you will die and enter into the between incarnational state. But in the dream state you definitely make choices that influence the reality that you experience in your awake and consciousness state.

The dream state is much more real than this state. The dream state gives you the capacity to, once again, interact with other incarnational periods that you’re involved in, to have a better understanding of the multi-dimensional personality that you are. And when you come back from the dream state it’s distorted, it’s always, doesn’t make sense. Because you choose, once again, to put in place that electro-magnetic type of energy, that veil that limits your capacity to understand not only who and what you truly are but of the essential elements that are necessary to create and sustain this reality that you experience.

You put in place that limitation. Absolutely. But in that dream state, you definitely make choices and decisions that influence the reality that you experience in your day-to-day activities. Some individuals make a huge effort to be involved in what we refer to as lucid dreaming, to take their consciousness and to be aware of what it is that they’re experiencing in their dream state and to influence it, to consciously, consciously make choices that influence the reality that they experience. And, once again, your New Agers or your scientists or many individuals refer to that as lucid dreaming.

It’s possible for an entity to enter into a meditative state, and we have many times suggested that the meditative state is a step away, if you wish, from the dream state which is a step away from the so-called in-between incarnation state. But many individuals in that meditative state have learned to take their consciousness, to be aware of what it is that they’re experiencing and utilize a type of creation process similar to the dream state and become quite efficient at utilizing meditation as a method or technique in order to influence and to create their reality.

The primary element for that to be successful is you must believe. If you don’t believe it’ll work, it won’t work. We’ve used an analogy many times and we’ll briefly go through it. It’s like you’re going on a journey across some type of a body of water, and you come down upon a shore and lined up along this shore are a multitude of vessels and you can choose a vessel to make your journey. And just off the shore there’s this fog bank, makes it very difficult for you to know how far the journey is or what you’re about to experience.

So, many individuals walking up and down the shore trying to choose the vessel that will give them the best chance of succeeding on their voyage and they never ever make the voyage. They’re too busy looking to make sure that the vessel is fully equipped and will handle and do all of the necessary chores, if you wish, that are necessary for them to achieve and to accomplish their journey. And so they never take the journey. They never ever choose what they believe.

Other individuals come down. First vessel they come to, this looks like it’ll do, begin on their journey, and have all types of success in experiencing because they believe. And once again, the irony of it is that it doesn’t matter what vessel you choose as long as you believe. The irony of it is that you can walk across the water if you wish. You don’t really need any type of vessel at all. All you need is a belief that you can accomplish. And so, if you wish to believe that through meditation it’s possible for you to achieve and to influence your reality, you can have that, as it is for individuals who believe that they can take their consciousness into their dream state, that they can influence their reality there as well through lucid dreaming and can be very successful at it.

You create your reality. You cannot alter that. You can alter the method and the technique that you utilize to do it from a conscious state but you can’t alter the fact that you create it. If you choose to believe you don’t create it, that’s a choice. That’s a choice and you’ll create all types of realities to validate that you’re not in control, but it’s still your choice. It’s still your validation of your belief system, always. Without exception. You create the reality and if you choose to believe that you don’t create it from a conscious state, if you choose to ignore all of the methods or techniques that might be available to you, and once again, it doesn’t matter which one you choose, it’s your belief that’s important. If you choose to ignore the fact that you can influence your reality from whatever state, then you will nonetheless influence it and you’ll do it from a level of consciousness that you have when you entered into this vibrational level, agreed to participate in, which is to create your reality from a level of consciousness where you in your so-called awake and consciousness state, through the sustainance of a veil, has absolutely no idea how you do it. You limit the capacity to understand. It’s a choice. You’re here by choice. You stay here by choice and you will leave by choice.

And so, when you choose, once again, to create from a position of being not in control, then you will do so from a level of your consciousness that you’re not aware of, in the dream state or many times what we refer to as the between incarnational state.

We’ve spoken before of individuals who are your so-called scientists, who are discovering, through a belief system, that you have a DNA and in that DNA is indeed the basis for your physical being and the physical attributes that you experience in this incarnational period. Your scientists have also discovered that in the DNA there’s a huge portion that doesn’t seem to have a function, that it just seems to be stuff that’s there. For many years your scientists refer to it as the junk part of the DNA, it doesn’t have a purpose. The irony of it is that it has a purpose. You see, it’s portions of the DNA that got put in place when you make choices in your so-called between incarnational states of a possibility of having certain experiences in this particular incarnational period. Based upon the choices and decisions that you make; based upon the facts and feelings that you experience in this particular incarnational period, you can influence the energy that surrounds the DNA and as a result of the influence of that energy, you can activate or deactivate this so-called junk area of the DNA to have an experience for a certain type of physical ailment, if you wish, that you put in place the possibility for in your so-called between incarnational state. You made the choice. “Oh, it might be nice to have this experience if I in this incarnational period decide to do so. If in this incarnational period I hold certain facts and feelings and I make the choices then I can activate that part of the DNA and I can have that experience. And I can experience the emotions and feelings that are indeed come with that type creation process. I can experience the emotions and feelings that are associated with that type of experience.”

And so, individuals in their so-called between incarnational state make choices, put in place the possibility to have certain experiences in your incarnational awake consciousness state. And in the dream state you as well make choices and decisions that influence the thoughts and feelings and the choices and decisions that you make in your so-called awake and consciousness state that can indeed influence the energy and alter the energy that surrounds the DNA that activates the particular portion of that DNA that allows you to have that experience.

As an example, an individual can put in place the possibility to experience an illness, and a very common one in your particular society is the experience of cancer. And so, you put in place that possibility, in your so-called between incarnational state, and then you make the choices and decisions that surround the energy, that influence the energy that surrounds the DNA. And you hold the various belief systems and the attitudes that as well activate the energy that surrounds the DNA, that activate that part of the DNA that perpetuates and brings into the experience and turns what was once simply a possibility into a probability that you will experience cancer in this particular incarnational period.

And so you create it. It’s in the DNA. It was there all along. The possibility was there through the choices and decisions and the thoughts and feelings and through holding certain attitudes and beliefs you activated the energy that made it possible for that particular element of the DNA, that particular portion to go from being a possibility into a probability and you experience the reality and it comes into frutation and you can have the cancer. You create it all. It’s not an accident.

And then you have the individuals who believe as well that they can handle that type of experience and they can cure it, and once again, they hold the belief systems, and once again, they make the necessary choices and decisions. Once again, they hold the thoughts and feelings, the proper attitudes and they change as well that energy that surrounds the DNA and they deactivate that particular element of the DNA. And they take what was once a possibility and turn it back into a probability and they experience what you refer to as a cure, a choice, a validation of a belief system influenced through the dream state in many times. And as you enter into this new age and new energy has much more opportunity to be involved and influenced from the conscious state.

So yes, the dream state and the interactions that you have with others in the dream state, have a profound effect upon the reality that you experience in your awake and consciousness state. Absolutely.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
(reply to OP)
total agreement there, or at least in some dreams anyway.

I had dreamed of a beautiful woman I later met... led me to ponder how I could have seen her before I even knew her.

She was my mom's caregiver and she looked at my face everyday since my photo was mounted on the wall ... 1300 miles away.

Could it be that dreams can be projected upon us from external sources?

Yes

But that isn't why I am replying. I am replying because I was just devastated in real life by the loss of a friend I met once and only spoke to for about ten minutes. I wouldn't have even recognized him in the dream so when I saw the death of a friend in a dream I awoke Sunday checking the obits ... it was that realistic.

The old friend I had dreamed of wasn't the person who died and I didn't find out until the next afternoon that.he died the night of my dream.

Many would wonder how I can care that much about someone I barely knew and hadn't spoken to in several months and had only spoken to once

... some just don't have that empathy towards others. They are consumed with themselves. I grieve for roadkill.

I feel that universal connect and have an affinity with animals.... and know just how precious life is... the manifestation of the soul in the flesh.

But a lot of people don't believe we even have a soul... like economics anything in abundance becomes dirt cheap ... life as well if you are cold/dead at heart. Why we shouldn't kill is because we are all connected... skin color, ethnicity, none of it matters in the spirit realm ... no such thing as reincarnation, merely a message from that stream of consciousness that some tap into feeling it so strongly they mistakenly think it is their own past life they are seeing.

When my wife told me someone at her church died in a wreck I knew inside it was him... first thing I asked was where he lived as I tried to rule him out... but inside I knew it was him even though I struggled to remember his name.

Yesterday I dug the card he gave me out of my wallet and at the time he gave it to me he didn't have one with his name on it so he gave me his friends (head of a local chapter of Christian riders) card instead.

They are both from a small town in Alabama ... hoping it was a coincidence but knowing it wasn't I got my wife to pull up her pastors facebook page ... seeing his photo brought back the memories.

The dream is easier to interpret now that I understand it yet there is still an element of confusion... how?

In the dream it seemed like alcohol was involved but having just awoken from another dream I also see gravel being involved. ... if the dream is connected which I think it was... I was telling three policeman about the dream of a wreck but before I could get into the details one cop asked what the marks were on my neck.

A car did a brake-stand and sprayed me with gravel as I was on a balcony about a quarter mile away..

The first dream I had was an old friend (who seemed not to recognize me) whom I was asking for a ride.

He said no, threw up twice (why I assume alcohol was involved - toxicology tests being done) and got in his car and sped into a snow-bank, flipped, landed in a lake and the last I saw was his arm waving at me as it sunk ( Sea of humanity element).

The dream felt so real after my wife left for church I checked the obits in my home town (1300 miles away) and began to feel relief that his name wasn't there.

The relief didn't last long but I think it all prepared me ... doesn't lesson the sting any and up until I read this thread having just awoken I was undecided as to whether I would go to the funeral tomorrow / today.

I wanted to go to assure his 4 kids that he was still with us but didn't think I could handle it.

Having read this thread I see the hope that can be imparted so I am going.

There is another instance and I mentioned it here long ago... stepson shot himself and I became a pillar of strength for others who had also lost loved ones.

One woman who would go to the flower shop everyday on her way to her sons grave told me another friend of hers told her about another woman (whom she didn't know and also recently lost her son) was buried in the same cemetery.
One day my friend said she got an urge to go to the grave first instead of stopping for flowers first and while there she saw a woman in the area her friend told her was the woman's sons grave..

She went to talk to the woman and yes it was that same woman. As they walked back to her(my friend) sons grave the other woman stopped and said "oh my God" and my friend asked what was the matter.
The woman said she had a dream about a month prior and her son said "its alright, I'm with ******* ****** ... the name on her sons headstone.

Yes, I believe in the spirit and God, and the universal connection we all share.
No space left to get into my stepson,.. left no choice but to believe.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by supernova56
reply to post by BROB51

I saw a documentary not too long ago where scientists were doing all types of tests on animals, and humans to determine what exactly dreams are. They came to the conclusion that dreams are actually our brain preparing for events so that when an event like that happens we'll be sort of familiar with the situation since it was already in our dream.

I use this technique to get my body ready to ignore any physical pain. I go to a place in my mind and imagine the pain that I will go through as my brain has already gone through it there is no pain.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BROB51

"What about that sentimental feeling you get after you wake up, when you just finished spending time with one of these people you seemingly love but dont know who they are? Its almost like you miss them after you wake up... I need answers."

Wet Dreams and Nightmares

I had wanted to start a thread called that but never seemed to get around to do it. So it was great to see your post.

I have lived with ghost for the last 10 years, and also for 3 years when I was young. And I go thru this thing of yours now and then. I am as certain as I can be that what you are experiencing is ghost.

Not all ghosts are bad. I do not know if I am premature psychic or what, but the way the good ones communicate with me most of the time is thru my mind when my body is asleep. They have a need and longing for love. Love comes from your emotional body ~ which is your soul.

Their soul needs this love too, and the way they can access this is thru you while you are not conscious in your “waking” world. They are basically sharing their feelings with YOU. Sometimes if you are lucky, they will even make love to you spiritually, at their behest, though I find these times to be very rare. By that I mean that you are having sex with them in your dream and it is as real as can be. This is probably where the wet dream comes from. Your spirit sex has crossed the line and shown up in the physical world with the release of semen.

Have you ever known anyone who claims to have sex with Demons? I believe this to be the same exact thing, just viewed from a different viewpoint. The first time I had a ghost attempt to have sex with me was one hell of a wakeup call. The next day at work was a dozy. It would have been better if I had known about ATS then and could have shared my experience. I wound up sharing it in a paranormal romance forum where women wanted to read about having sex with vampires and crap but did not want to hear about the real thing.

But I digress.

In summation, through experience, I believe that these people you are dreaming about are REAL and they are ALIVE, but just in a non-bodily form, and somehow they are able to share themselves with you thru your sleep state.

The nightmares of course ~ real, true nightmares ~ are when your spirit slips thru into the dark side of the spirit world. The side where these dead people are not so happy.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BROB51

To an extent, I think dreams do reflect on subconscious things. However, there's a limit. To explain this, I will say that in some of my dreams I will do things that I'd never do in real life. There seems to be a few switches in our mind that are disabled when we dream. We're not 100% ourselves.

Dreams can throw curve balls that you'd never get in real life. So sometimes you'll be presented with a set of circumstances that make you do something unexpected. Technically, there's nothing to fear from this because dreams do things that real life doesn't. But it makes you wonder.

There's also the issue that many times I will be dream that I'm somewhere familiar but things are not the same as they're in real life. Yet, in the dream I do not notice this discrepancy. So some area of my brain that identifies something discretely must be disabled to allow this. It's awkward that our mind can think we're somewhere specific and yet not notice large differences between them.

I will say that many times people we've known in RL will appear in dreams, but not always. For example, this morning I was trying to find my way back to a mall when two guys appeared that I had seen earlier. They said to me "Oh, you again!" They walked away without comment. I did not know them. However, just some moments before I had met someone I did know in the same place I had met those two. That guy said "Thanks for the advice Jon." I'm not sure what he meant. All I remember is that preceding those moments I had been with him and a few others doing something else.

I also think we learn from them. I've had some intense dreams where I experience setbacks and whatnot and when I woke up I was still reeling from it. I often can produce some meaning from them that applies in reality. One of the strange things about dreams is when you experience them you think it's real. I think dreams are our mind's attempt at simulating reality (to learn from it).

I woke up this morning with a strong feel of adventure. I had been all over in my dreams. One common trait in my dreams is knowing where I want to go but always getting lost because things either change or take the wrong turn. I experienced that this morning, but I was in so many places and hearing different things from others that it made the dream interesting to me. The feeling is exhilarating because of the stimulation and the freedom to experience it.

An interesting dream is very valuable to me. It's entertaining.

Life is about experience. It's about experiencing as many wild things as we can. It's about the feeling of freedom and achieving impossible things. But on the way the road can be bumpy. The universe we live in has lots of rules. Our body has lots of rules. All these rules are like bumps in the road. Some people view these bumps as a challenge. It drives them forward and sweetens their accomplishments. Others see them as a hindrance at first, but over time can also feel the sweetness of victory. But ultimately, without things to see and achieve, the bumps would hold no meaning to us. They would just be uninteresting bulk. I think it's like a candy bar. The fudge is the stimulation and the crust is there to add texture and solidness. To really enjoy the candy bar, you need both.

Am I saying life is a candy bar? No. But in some ways it's like one.
edit on 23-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Listen I feel the same way right now that the original poster felt. But I am not sure this is something everyone goes through or experiences. For me there are two different types of dreams the one where I am me and they are just simple fabrications where I am flying or something but then there is something else that I feel is too much for my imagination to comprehend or process. My message is to the original poster is that I do not believe that we are supposed to remember them. Scientist still to this day cannot understand the need for us to get tired and sleep. I believe this is part of the reason. Almost like something we are tethered to like a universal conscioussness. But I would be very interested to speak with the original poster if you still are active I will try to get a hold of you.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BROB51

Hey...I dont know if you still come on here but email me if you do [email protected] I would like to talk to you about dreams if you are still interested. Thanks my name is jesse btw.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denske
For me there are two different types of dreams the one where I am me and they are just simple fabrications where I am flying or something but then there is something else that I feel is too much for my imagination to comprehend or process.

How do you know it is 'you' in the dream?
Does anyone ever go to a mirror and see what body is being looked out of in a dream?

And how can it be proved that this so called 'waking state' is not also just dreaming?

Maybe there is just dreaming with no separate dreamer?

edit on 18-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BROB51

It astonishes me that this post has so many stars.

He is blabbering nonsense. How do you know for a "Fact" for instance, that dream-experiences do not trace back to something you've interfaced with? If you don't actually read into the literature - you wouldn't have any internalized references with which to criticize, and hence, the claim you have made is nothing but meaningless, incoherent bluster.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join