It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are NOT about your subconcious desires...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know that many psychologists have come to the conclusion that dreams are just a reflection of your subconscious thoughts and what your feeling about whats going on in your current state of reality. I dont feel this to be true.

I think that there are different degrees of dreams, I dont know how to exactly say this but im going to try my best.

They say everyone you see in dreams are people you have at least seen once in your real life. I know for a fact this is NOT TRUE.

I cant be the only one, havent you ever dreamed (or shared a dream) with a person you know but you dont know? In the dream you are so close with them and you can talk and have fun for hours. When you wake up, you have no idea who that person is in this current reality? I have had dreams like this even with groups of people that I dont know. I know they are part of my life though because they know me and they seem to care about me. Are they just visiting me from a different reality? Am I just seeing a glimpse of my life and my relationships in a different universe where different decisions and occurences have taken place?

They often say these are the people you knew in your past life but I dont see it that way! I am myself in these dreams, I am not somebody else like a WW2 helicopter pilot or something. Unless I lived before as the same person as I am now, that I can consider as a possibility but dont want to keep revisiting the same life after I die, but maybe thats the way things are?

This doesnt just stop at people, you can just dream of different rules of reality as well. Maybe colors are different, maybe there is no gravity, the way you communicate may be different. Does anyone have any insight about the true nature of dreams? The things you read when you search for the answer on google or something are just wrong. It is not your subconcious talking to you, I am starting to think they are more like video messages from different universes where different you's are currently experiencing. How can people wake up from these magnificent dreams and just go on with there daily routine without wondering what the heck does this all mean? I get a heart-felt feeling from these messages...

What about that sentimental feeling you get after you wake up, when you just finished spending time with one of these people you seemingly love but dont know who they are? Its almost like you miss them after you wake up... I need answers.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BROB51

Just because you can't remember a dream person when you wake up does not mean you have never seen them before.
Our conscious memories are not as good as we would like to believe. But our brains do remember everything. Everything you have ever seen, heard, felt, or thought of is still bouncing around in there somewhere. Most of it is just unnecessary for day to day operations, so it gets thrown in the junk drawer to be used later as filler and reference material.

Ask any detective, and they will tell you that eye witnesses are extremely unreliable.

I will agree with you that dreams are not our subconscious desires, definitely not all of them anyway. I'm pretty sure I have no desire to be eaten by giant spiders, which seems to be a habit of mine in dreams.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I used to think drinks were merely a "closed off" state of thinking. Ultimately, the simple act of your mind turning around to look into itself. However, after finding God again in my life, I realized something incredible: Dreams are our connection to the Universal Mind.

Think of it this way: The conscious mind is how we perceive the world as is. We can view the conscious mind as a kind of firewall, enforced by the ego, that filters out things that pass through our subconscious and God. In dreaming, our conscious mind shuts down (visualize the doors of perception opening, or the "veil of the temple" in the New Testament that was torn in two) and we plug ourselves directly into the Divine.

There may be many traces of subconscious desires, or "locked away memories", but these are all simply part of the grand totality of the Divine within us.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

No, the people I communicate with in these dreams are just not people I have seen I assure you. They are my friends and loved ones in different versions of reality where different decisions, circumstances, and occurrences have taken place. Just like you would miss one of your loved ones from this reality if you havent been able to spend alot of time with them in so long, I miss these spirits the same way.
edit on 8-3-2013 by BROB51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I appreciate both of your posts but so far nobody has really gotten the point of the thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i'll give it a go.different dreams=1problem solving
2 fun
3 scary fun
4 reflecting on posibilities

As for people you could say their simply different parts of your personality/ies

Not sure i've ever felt any kind of past life connection but alot of what you describe can be deciphered in different ways to please yourself really.
edit on 8-3-2013 by cjttatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Im not looking to please myself or like, hear what I want to hear. Im looking for insight and maybe to relate with people who know what im talking about. I agree with your four levels of dream types but there are many, many more than that. Infinite types, in fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BROB51

Are you talking about astral projecting? As only then would this thread make sense. So dreams are astral projections?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love the dream state, and I remember them quite frequently. I normally speak openly about them, enough that when I tell the people involved, it sorta freaks them out. I don't necessarily agree with your thesis of this post. I actually believe that my dreams are garbage of my subconscious, but I also feel that it also can be very powerful. I will give an example.

Here's one I just had last night. I dreamed that my Supervisor and two of my work peers were together. We were going to Denver to watch the Super Bowl. So, as I'm telling this dream to the people that were involved today. Here are the responses that I got.

Supervisor: "My son lives in Denver, so we would have a place to stay"
Peer 1: "I was born in Denver"
Peer 2: "My parents grew up in Denver"

As I don't believe I had any of this knowledge previously. Why would I include Denver and these 3 individuals? We are not at all in the same work clique, we hardly converse. I approached each one of them individually to discuss what I had remembered in my dream. I'm the extrovert, I'm the open one.

Do I believe that dreams are powerful? I sure do, but the meaning behind them, I feel it is only me to judge, and most of the time it is just garbage, a meaningless wandering mind.
edit on 8-3-2013 by sticky because: my grammar is horrid, # it

edit on 8-3-2013 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Maybe I was astral projecting, you could be correct. I cant really tell the difference, a dream is a dream.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Yes I forgot to mention the dreams that tell subtle things about the future. I wont go into details but I do have those as well. This is why basically my thesis of this thread is actually the different degrees of dreams that exist. I just so happen to have select ones that give me a feeling I never felt before, I cant explain it any better than just saying I miss these spirits I am lucky enough to interact with when I see them in my dreams. They are my friends my loved ones. I have friends and loved ones here that maybe in my next life I will dream about being with them again too...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The knowledge that there are different types of dreams, some being subconscious desires, versus the real ones with a story, has been known for a long time.

People really need to read older books....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

I also have the garbage ones too about meaningless things going on in my life right now so thats just another degree of dreams.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well i guess close to 99 percent of the population needs to read these older books you speak of because if you search it on any internet engine it will simply tell you that dreams are nothing more than subconcious desires which is at times true, but often times is not.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BROB51
reply to post by cjttatu

Im not looking to please myself or like, hear what I want to hear. Im looking for insight and maybe to relate with people who know what im talking about. I agree with your four levels of dream types but there are many, many more than that. Infinite types, in fact.

I possibly could have worded that better(i have that problem),didn't mean please yourself.
Maybe interpretation of a dream can be a very personal thing...would be a better way to say it.
I've often thought my dreams were too lucid to simply be just a dream

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by sticky

I also have the garbage ones too about meaningless things going on in my life right now so thats just another degree of dreams.

Only you can interpret your own dreams. Some do have meaning, some do tell you what path to take. But, only you can be the interpreter. The dreams that don't make any sense, well, those are for you to look deeper into them and try to find the answer.

Dream journals are supposed to help, I'm just too busy/lazy to take 20 minutes to write a dream journal each morning.

Well, to add, if you are dreaming about things going on in your life. I'd take those dreams as very meaningful. Your subconscious / your heart is trying to explain itself to you. When I dream of reality, which to me is very rare, I take a really hard look at those. Stuff like me and people at work going to the superbowl together in a van saying it would take 4 hours to get there from Southern California.. Now, that's just nonsense

edit on 8-3-2013 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

exactly, exactly my friend. Too lucid to be a dream is a great way to put it. It has to be some type of different reality, its not just something your mind makes up.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

im sorry and I appreciate your replies but your not the answer I seek because your just reciprocating the same old stuff you can read on any dream research project and im not reaching for that. Theres something so much deeper that extends beyond the lives we live. Maybe im talking about astral projection opposed to dreaming like the one guy mentioned...

After seeing your edit thank you for understanding this is more of something coming from my emotions and heart rather than just silly dreams that you refer to as garbage ones! As I said I do have those but I am certain that for the particular ones this is not the case!
edit on 8-3-2013 by BROB51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by sticky

im sorry and I appreciate your replies but your not the answer I seek because your just reciprocating the same old stuff you can read on any dream research project and im not reaching for that. Theres something so much deeper that extends beyond the lives we live. Maybe im talking about astral projection opposed to dreaming like the one guy mentioned...

Bro, if you're looking for answers in dream state, your going to drive yourself crazy. They can't be had there. If you're astral projecting, you're doing that in a subconscious state, not asleep. Do you meditate? Do you lucid dream frequently? Have you ever had a complete astral projection while awake?

REM sleep for the most part is garbage subconscious. This is near fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
try this one (may take some work my dreams are very lucid to an intense level)
But use your snooze button,i can have atleast 5 intense dreams per morning now if i want.

ETA on the other side of it, i think your asking a question only you can answer,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join