It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No mind without faith.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A mind is retrieved as effect of faith. Faith is mind. Grow mind.

aaaaanh

Short opening post but it can be of use.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I disagree.

What exactly on this planet is there that we should have faith in?
Mankind? Ha
Some invisible man in the sky?
Aliens to come save us from our self created absurdity?

Faith is a crutch, a coping mechanism. It will fail you when you need it most.

If anything have faith in yourself, just be sure not to let yourself down.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I kind of disagree I think mind is ego and faith through and through whole body knowledge because it's the knowledge of the Reality which is consciousness itself something not localized to the mind or the "I" self.

Faith is communion with God, not belief in God as an external deity or entity apart from the body.

To have faith is to eat of the substance of God which is true life.

Faith is the only reasonable position to take even in the face of adverse circumstance and the vicissitudes of life.

As an "untouchability" it also possesses a certain humor in the awareness of a non-local (eternal) experience.

A person of faith is a happy person with absolute liberation capable of retaining their humor even when the physical body crumbles or in the face of mortal fear.

To have real faith is to be filled with gnosis, and love.

Faith is also optimistic and has no truck with a limiting, narrow-minded cynicism leading to the degeneration of personal joy and happiness at the expense of everything that's worthwhile in life.

People lacking in this quality, due to a lack of understanding (ignorance) are really screwed.

Best Regards,

NAM

With faith - no mind.

edit on 8-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

A mind is retrieved as effect of faith. Faith is mind. Grow mind.

And...just like that, you expect us to just nod along and say, "Yep, sure is."

No thanks. I hope I'm not the only one when I say that you need to flesh that theory out a little more.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

“Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence.”

Robert Anton Wilson

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

Aleister Crowley

Christian lie:
If you don't "believe" in something then you will fall for anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have a mind. I have no faith.

Your argument just failed.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The individual controls their own thoughts, and socialization only occurs if you let it. The individual controls their government, and our government reflects the morality of each of us. When the founding fathers formed the Constitution they understood the natural lottery. The fact that individual life is random, and the individual has no choice over the life they inherent. So they established a government that would be defined by faith. Not faith in the sense of any religious affiliation, but the fact that faith alone upholds any system. Faith is what the US Dollar is backed by faith, and by faith alone. By eliminating the Gold Standard System, we eliminated the accountability of the Federal Government to act on our behalf. Our money isn't backed by gold anymore,
I do not agree that Democracy can only exist within an established free-market as noted by Nietzsche who argues that, free will is logically impossible because we are not self-created and thus we are always historically situated in terms of our perspectives and influences. Nietzsche is the first individual to recognize the subconscious as a scientific truth, stating any relationship between consciousness and actions are so weak that individuals cannot truly be labeled or assigned a motive based upon assumptions. Nietzsche believes that any pact which limits the absolute freedom of an individual, results in a pact of slavery. This pact of slavery is self-imposed, as individuals are the sovereigns, legislators and enforcers simultaneously. Thus he argues that all conscious beings are driven by their individual “will to power”. Nietzsche’s “will to power”, exemplifies the fact that a structure like the free market, is subjective based upon biased interpretations of values. However, the true will of an individual to act or exert energy is based on the conscious drive of self-fulfillment/realization.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Faith is a perception, specifically it is what we perceive to exist without evidence or proof. The "mind" is just the generalization under which our thoughts, dreams, desires, and consciousness are grouped. Having faith in something can certainly add to the head-space which is known as mind, but it is not necessary.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Faith in the reality of our existence, that is!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

We're on a discussion board.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Angle

Faith is a perception, specifically it is what we perceive to exist without evidence or proof. The "mind" is just the generalization under which our thoughts, dreams, desires, and consciousness are grouped. Having faith in something can certainly add to the head-space which is known as mind, but it is not necessary.

~ Wandering Scribe

Faith is a perception, just like the mind holds a type of perception towards all incoming signals. Can one have three perceptions at a time? Faith above matter!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

We're on a discussion board.

I didn't say you couldn't post, I said it would be helpful if you fleshed it out a little and made it sound more reasonable instead of plopping an opinion down and starting a woo-woo contest.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I actually can hold more than one visual perception, and even audible perception, in my mind at any given time, yes. It was something I spent my childhood teaching myself to do. I can have two internal-monologues simultaneously, or completely clear my head in a meditative style at will. Having faith has nothing to do with that, though. To have faith in something means you believe, or accept it, without evidence of proof.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

It's not necessary to accept something without having proof of it for it to be Faith.

It was more profound to have Faith in something without having seen it, like miracles for example. Like having faith you'll retrieve your arm after it being chopped of by agressors. It is possible. I don't say it will, but it is possible. Faith.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Everything you've just described, is exactly what I defined faith as.

Faith is believing in something, because you want it, rather than accepting something based on evidence, or proof. Faith and belief are not fact and scientific theory, specifically because they cannot be tested through the scientific method, or attached to a set of empirical data.

You can argue all you want for the profound wisdom of having faith in something miraculous; but it doesn't change the fact that all you're doing is attaching an emotionally uplifting feeling to an unverifiable cause. You accept it, not because it is so, but because you want it to be so, regardless of what reality says.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Now that's not really true wandering scribe. Faith is or believing because of having experienced what can be or believing it without having seen it. Believing it without having seen it is a simple thing. It's also the most profound of faith.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Believing in something without having seen it, is the same as accepting something without evidence or proof.

Show me evidence, or proof, of amputated limbs growing back on a human being.
Show me evidence, or proof, that the dead can be resurrected after three days.
Show me evidence, or proof, that any force in existence can stop the sun's movement across the sky.
Show me evidence, or proof, that things which cannot be witnessed, actually occur.

You cannot, which is why you need to have faith that they exist, happen, or can happen.
Faith is believing in something which cannot be proven, or supported by evidence.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Faith is just another word for "I have a very good reason to lie to myself."

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Do you believe faith can exist? What purpose would faith have? I ask you sincerely. What are your thoughts about that Wandering Scribe.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Faith gives us the strength to go on when there's more reason to fail than there is to succeed.
edit on 10-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join