It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's cut the crap..the reason society is on a downfall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Exactly
Somewhere around the late 80's parent's started to not care.
I haven't pin pointed it exactly i think that's around when they started making law's about whooping your kid to hard.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I went to a school event at the Louisville Science Museum last night.
Watching those parent and elementary school aged kids ,I just sat and watch in amazement ,a witness to the downfall of our society.
My kids never acted like that,they respect their elders.They are polite and say thank you and please.
A spanked my kids,took things away and so on.
That is why they are respectable today at only ages 11 and 14.

There has become less parenting and more of being a buddy.
The lack instruction from parents and with all this extra-activity to fill in the voids is ridiculous.

I am one parent that is confident that my kids will be successful and have my back when they grow up.

Tough love,that's all I have to say about it.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kentucky75
Somewhere around the late 80's parent's started to not care.
I haven't pin pointed it exactly i think that's around when they started making law's about whooping your kid to hard.

This is just another part of the plan used by Lucifer's disciples, the Illuminati, to "change the world."

We are living in wicked times, where it is considered child abuse to spank a child...

The globalists indeed want to implement Marx's ideas on parenting, i.e., to destroy the family and parent rights. This is a worldwide effort. In Brazil, teachers are telling kids to denounce their parents in case they get a little spanking.

Illuminati Push "Children's Rights" & Pedophilia in Brazil

Spank children on plane, lose them forever

America has become a Police State! In January, 2009, a mother was arrested and charged with a felony under the Patriot Act for getting angry on an airplane. Little did she realize that by simply giving three spanking swats to each of her two children, that she would lose them FOREVER!!! This story is utterly insane . . .

Airlines Now Agents Of The Police State

Texas Mother Punished for Spanking Daughter

CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - Sentenced for spanking — a mother from Corpus Christi, Texas, gets 5 years probation and a fine. In December, police arrested Rosalina Gonzales for spanking her daughter. The child was almost two years old. Her daughter's grandmother noticed red marks on the child's rear end and took her to the hospital to be checked out.

Gonzales was in court Wednesday to plead guilty to the charge after reaching an agreement with prosecutors. She'll be on probation for five years and will have to take parenting classes, follow all CPS guidelines, and make a one-time $50 payment to the Children's Advocacy Center.

"You don't spank children today. In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children. You understand?" the judge told Gonzales. Gonzales does not have custody of the child or her other two children. She is working with CPS to get them back, but until the state feels that she is ready, the kids will remain with their paternal grandmother.

SOURCE: Texas Mother Punished for Spanking Daughter

Illuminati Aim to Discredit Traditional Parenthood

The Illuminati want to phase out parenthood and have the state breed and raise the new generation. The mass media plays its usual role: behavior modification.

Here's how the plan goes:

1. The "Rights of Offspring" will be emphasized.

2. The role of parents as decision-makers will be called into question.

3. The public will be treated to a continual news assault of the worst examples of parenting that can be found.

4. Religion will continue to be a central focus of parental disgrace.

5. Examples of the extreme in horrific "parenting" will be presented (whether true or not):

6. The ability of the State to provide better child guidance will be emphasized to no end.

7. THE FINAL STEP: Individuals as a whole tire of the idea of raising children. Reproduction is handed over to State management.

Illuminati Aim to Discredit Traditional Parenthood

edit on 8-3-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Here, Here..

I'll drink to that.

If anyone needs to be labeled a terrorist, it's kids.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I was about to mock manhater...

Now I can't ding dangit.

Police identify 200 children as potential terrorists

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Now that's funny.

Not to the parents of course.

G1

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I agree with most of the things your saying and I was only talking to a 50 yr bloke last week who brought this issue up with me at the pub. He said back in the day a clip around the ear was a punishment if kids stepped out of line and when it happened, you thought about when you tried to step out of line again... These days, kids are given to much, they expect and expect more.. I think we need to go back to the days of yester year and show these little turds what things were like back in the day and if they don't cut their bs that we will start implementing the punishments of our ancestors.. But thats just me. I understand there are some people who wouldn't agree but clearly the current bs isn't working abd these little b'stards are only getting worse

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
add 100 year's of nowadays thinking to the generation's.
It will only spiral more and more.

i am almost 40 year's old i have never seen a 60 70 or 80 year old person that didn't act like they had manner's and was knowledgeable.
Half of my generation basically gave up.
gave up on teaching moral's discipline and respect toward others in general.

Then our kids some are in there 20's depending on when we had them.
half of those now parent's do the same thing because that's how they was taught.

no matter how we play this scenario out it ends with a entire planet filled with ignorant people who are selfish and disrespect anyone and everyone.

Anyone else remember growing up and the neighbor or a stranger caught you doing something bad?
and they whooped ya arse right on the spot then told ya parents they did it....
i do

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kentucky75

It's a social issue for sure but hey people want to be left alone to raise their kids how they see fit...each generation slips further and further away...there is a side effect of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and it's what's happening today all around us...you can quote the constitution all you want and you can impress on people the need for others to leave you alone but with that same model of thinking also allows the unsavory part of society to grow and grow and grow.

That's why we have the music that we have today, violence is becoming more and more numbing to the young, sex is occurring at younger ages, being a heroin in attic in some circles is now consdered cool but this is all a biproduct of a free society...some can say that I'm being a bit dramatic but look around my friends..religion is crumbling before our eyes and some may say great but I would disagree...some people need that moral compass whether you believe in it or not..

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Look at what passes for comedy among the masses: laughing at someone else's misfortune or stupidity.

"America's Funniest Videos" - footage of people injuring themselves, set to a laugh-track.

"Honey Boo-boo."

"Real housewives of the Joisey Shore."

it just goes on and on.

This generation doesn't even know how to interact with others.
They are all too busy playing "angry birds with friends" on their eye phones.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There are good kids and there are bad kids. just like there are good people and there are bad people. It has always been this way and in hindsight it always seems that it wasn't so bad in the past but if you travel back in time you would find someone like you with the same rant.

The sky is not falling
edit on 10-3-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

And the reason for this failure of our children is directly because of economics.

Parents are working more and have less time to raise children. Our collective babysitters, government schools, are being underfunded, as are social band-aides designed to help single and/or poor parents.

We're literally working ourselves to death with mostly meaningless jobs (if lucky) and we have no time to be simply human anymore.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This post is beyond ignorant.

First you can not be taken seriously if you can not spell properly and do not know your own language.

Secondly, the solution you bring to the table is to beat your children when they do bad and society is going downhill because we don't "whoop" our children enough according to you.

I will stereotype here but the so called "asswhooping" among African Americans is at a higher percentage than any other on the planet, while people of color make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population, they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned. The prison population grew by 700 percent from 1970 to 2005, a rate that is outpacing crime and population rates.

Now there are many things lacking in society and the justice system but there is no lack of "whooping" going on anywhere.

So you make a point about how society is going downhill while using horrible grammar and the sollution you bring is to beat more children. Are you then not part of the same thing you complain about?

If you want a sollution start by looking in the mirror first.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I understand what the OP is saying I see this a lot.
I worked with kids in Soccer coaching.
Not all kids are raised this way,
My two daughters get 2/ hours of TV a day, then we do puzzles or drawing.
If they do wrong "ROOM" and they stay there till they know why they are there.
I live in Scotland, so its hard to go places.
Today, Sunshine and snow
Wish I was kidding.

But good post.
And very true.
We went from being well discipline ourselves as kids, to not caring
And I see it all the time, We can only pray these kids pick up morals themselves somewhere along the line

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

They have no respect for there parent's there elder's or there peer's.

Nobody is entitled to respect simply because they exist; respect must be earned.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

They have no respect for there parent's there elder's or there peer's.

Nobody is entitled to respect simply because they exist; respect must be earned.

Considering parents typically are the reason you survive your infancy because hmm I don't know they take care of you I think it was earned by the time those kids get of an age to talk smack. Do they really need to work to take care of you?? do they really need to stay up late and feed you as a baby???

Parents do not have to take care of you. There are many cases of child neglect and abortions.
edit on 10-3-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well that is what happens when you expect society to rise your children. You expect a child to learn respect, morals and common decency from the computer or a video game?

But hey, this is what the elite want - they want a society to become dependent on the government.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maarten

psst - before talking about grammar and spelling, make sure your post doesn't contain any errors (you might just look like an idiot)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's funny how most of the posts from people that cannot spell, or have trouble stringing a grammatically correct sentence together, adhere to the solution that, 'hitting your child' is the solution! Hitting a child is only a way of you releasing your aggression and anger out onto a child and all you teach them through this process is how to be a bully and that physically hitting someone is a way to control someone.

Like probably a number of you on this board, I was hit mercilessly when I was a child; even hit with a dog's chain at the age of 11 when I wouldn't let the dentist give me an injection in the mouth because I was frightened. Oh yes, I had respect for my parents but it was only through fear....fear of a beating.

I have two teenage children in their late teens and both are straight A students, never swear, are very respectful but they have a voice. I have always taught my children to have a voice. Not everyone likes this because many adults do not like children to have a voice and are frightened by this when they are in their company. I have taught my children to always see both sides of a story and to always think of others. Yes, they have been naughty in the past but my solution was always to take things away from them and allow them to re-earn the privileges that they had.

Bad parenting is easy because you just hit to assert yourself. Hard parenting takes time and energy and 'a lot' of patience. Whilst I empathise with the OP's post, I think most of the problem we see with the youths of today is media driven. Get rich quick through music and YouTube sensations detract youngsters away from the realities of life and leave them with very little emphasis on education.

Love your children, listen to them, hug them when they need it and always be their safe haven but never hit them. (of course, in my opinion)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Some great points here.

In some ways yes the old school parenting ways were good, but as a parent today I would like to think we're not doing too bad.

Disciplining and beating your child are completely two different things. They yield two different results in your child's developmental process.

Much like dogs pulling their pups into line when they overplay, disciplining is a short and sweet re alignment of expectation.

We are animals, and boundaries need to be established by parents. That's the easy bit.

When your child hangs out with less disciplined animals and starts questioning its own up bringing, alas the bogan is born.

So Kentucy75, I hear you, most of us try to fight the good fight, however it's the bogan parent that screws it up / makes it harder for us to keep our kids on the straight narrow.

The bogan parent comes from generations of poor parenting, believe it or not the bogan has been around for thousands of years.

Just to add, I'm not saying the cycle cannot be broken ie the post above and I have many friends with similar experiences that have broken that abuse and poor parenting practice.
edit on 10-3-2013 by one_small_step because: Had to be clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join