It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, I DO live in Montana!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As happens every now and then I just had a reminder that yes, I DO live in Montana.

As i look at the thermometer outside it is reading 43 F. Maybe not exactly a heat wave where you live, but my wife and two daughters just left the house in shorts and a t-shirt. My wife was all bundled up in jeans and a sleeveless top. To top it off, when they went out I asked them to leave the door open a bit because it was too warm and stuffy in the house.

Oh, and where were they going? They took my daughter's -20 deg sleeping bag to the big washing machine at the laundromat so it was ready to go camping tonight.

It takes a certain kind of person to live in the north year round- unfortunately I think that kind must be crazy!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
From one Montanan to another... were not crazy! Maybe some are a little rough around the edges but plenty of people cannot stand the cold. I personally cannot stand being too hot! It is a beautiful day today! Almost 55! I am so ready for Spring and it would be a good weekend to go camping. Have a good time!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I used to live on the east side of the Sierra Nevada mountains, below Sawtooth Ridge, on the east side of Yosemite Nat'l park. I recall overnight temps of -40F in the depths of winter. In the early spring, when the temps rose to about 35-40 deg, i'd be out in boots, shorts and a t-shirt, breaking ice off sidewalks, removing snow etc. I still remember the looks the tourists gave me as they drove through town, bundled up so much they practically rolled out of their cars. The contrast in dress between us was hilarious!!

It takes a special kind of fortitude to be able to live in an environment that extreme. While it is beautiful beyond belief, it is also unforgiving. One careless mistake and it's curtains.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Having been in the military, I'm not one prone to staying too long in one state or have at least two homes here and there.

I've lived as far north as Upstate NY and as far south as Florida. Yep, I was the guy in shorts at 30 to 40 degrees. But when I moved from Florida to a flyover state, I had to wear a sweat shirt when it got low as 70 degrees. LOL

We acclimate to the weather fairly easily as humans. I enjoyed your post, got a good giggle out of it. Thanx!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ah my new daughter in law works there......shes been telling me she was illegally parked in the ditch three times this winter already....

But she loves the place......commutes between Saskatchewan and Montana every other week.....
I say good on ya.....anyplace where open carry and manufacture laws are for the people.....
Ive drove through it, but never stayed long enough to be anything but in awe of the scenery.....
If i wasnt persona non grata, id be proud to hail from there.....
We camp a lot up here too.....beats the drive in or the disco all to hell...................

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My plans for the very near future are moving to Bozeman.

Every other year I take a vacation to Yellowstone and spend 2 or 3 nights at Howlers Inn on the outskirts of Bozeman. Howlers , for those that dont know it , is a bed and breakfast + wolf sanctuary basically right down the road from Casey Andersons Grizzly Adventure..

Here are a couple of the pics I took during a previous trip to Howlers

This pic was taken the 2 or 3 week of June from my trip there about 6 years ago.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I would love to live in Montana. I love snow and cold weather, and I love liberty. From what I can tell Montana is still one of the few states that values liberty.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Montana

I would love to live in Montana. I love snow and cold weather, and I love liberty. From what I can tell Montana is still one of the few states that values liberty.

You know its funny..I live in PA and I dont break the law and I have all the liberty I want in the world but lets not hijack the OP .

top topics

join