It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! What In The World Is Wrong With People? Am I The Only One Surprised on The Fillibuster React

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

not surprised at all.
it's only a few people they interview, make it seem like a large amount, then people blindly follow, ignorant.

i have not watched television in a few years now. when i do, i can't stare at it for more than a minute or two.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well Democrats have to support their master, and Republicans have to support what they paid for(the drones themselves) and the weapons they are dying to use.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Too many people are still asleep with a false sense of security thinking
that old guards still really stand watch over liberty.

No man is infallable, yet many infallable men together wrote
The Constitution and The Bill of Rights to put in place what has
stood for over 200 years to serve this country and its people.

Take notes on who would do a disservice to liberty, and vote them out,
boycott the others.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I posted the following in another thread. But I think this thread is a more appropriate venue for this comment.

I might not agree with much of Rand Paul's politics, but I give him extremely high marks for Intestinal Fortitude.

While the American public hears the word filibuster on nearly a daily basis, Rand Paul showed us what a real filibuster is all about. One dictionary definition of filibuster: The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.

A real filibuster is a continuous speech, or series of speeches, delivered by one or more legislators who refuse to yield the floor in order to block a full vote by the legislative body. That's the way I learned it in school way back when.

Unfortunately, the old-school "talking filibuster" is a thing of the past. These days, when the Democrats and Republicans are doing their obscene political dances, they use some bizarre rule twists to hide their mutual obstructionism from the public. With a real filibuster, even the dumbed-down American public can understand the extraordinary waste of time involved with their daily BS.

12 hours and 52 minutes. That's pain. That's skin in the game. That's a politician willing to "put his money where his mouth is," so to speak. And it appears that the senator generated enough publicity to get a straight answer out of Holder. Forcing Eric Holder to provide a straight answer to any question is nothing short of superhuman.

To Senator Rand Paul, I say: "Good show, sir! We need more politicians with your audacity."

ATS Thread Post

For those who are familiar with Star Trek metaphors, I picture this brave act like a room full of Tribbles being growled at by a Klingon for nearly 13 hours. Sadly, the US Senators are not quite as brave as the Tribbles!

Dex

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
O'Donnell is the worst offender.

listen to him go out of his way to tell his idiot listeners that rand is full of it

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

I've seen many republicans attack rand as well. Lindsey Grahm came out and took a sweeping shot at everyone who sided with him, and even played the "where were you under bush" card, John McCain is blabbering about it as well. Both parties have their reasons to try to paint Rand as a crazy on this issue.

As far as John McCain and Lindsey Graham, it looks like their big beef with Rand Paul's speech was because he made it sound like the government could target anyone they wanted to for any reason, when they claim that's just not the case. McCain chided him for calling out people like Jane Fonda and making statements about cafes being targeted, which he thought was way over the line.

But I think John McCain and Lindsey Graham have a bigger agenda for why they've gone public with their opinions to the degree that they have.

It looks to me like Obama may be replacing private meetings with John Boehner and Mitch McConnell with people like John McCain and Lindsey Graham regarding immigration and budget factors. Both McCain and Graham had a meeting with the President on Tuesday and were invited to a private dinner with the President (and only a handful of other Republicans) Wednesday night. Apparently, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell were not invited.

I think this is McCain and Graham's way of trying to make nice with the President in order to make headway with their own agendas and the President.

ETA: Well, that and the fact that both McCain and Graham were 2 out of the 14 Republicans that helped to vote John Brennan in as the new CIA Director.

Here's the final vote details...

www.senate.gov...

edit on 9-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

As a libertarian, living in Crook County Illinois, I simply cannot fathom that the people are so hoodwinked they consistently allow the denigration of people like Rand and his father.

The government and its controlled media break people down into groups. Any time the government wants to acquire a new power they try to make group(s) of citizens feel threatened. In 2001 they convinced us that the entire Arab world was about to swim over here and take away freedoms, baseball, and apple pie. In answer, we the people agreed that we needed to use our superpower might to beat a few middle eastern countries into submission so that the innocents living there could have the opportunity to enjoy our freedoms, baseball, and apple pie. Well, that was not the reason we went, but that is why we are still there. We sent our superpower might to begin a perpetual war of attrition on the Bill of Rights.

The founding fathers of the United States, after being the victims of a tyrannical government drew from their vast wisdom, experience, and disagreement to hammer out a document that had the sole purpose of protecting the people from a rampaging government. This document is a tribute to libertarianism, as that is the theme throughout. The founders were crafty in their words and tried to ensure that the shackles that they were placing on all future governments would ensure that their descendents would not have to repeat the misery of living under bad government.

Why do the government and media talking heads show polls that show people think this document is outdated, ancient, and should be ignored? Why is a reminder of this document so distasteful to the government and the media it controls?

In parting, after reading the reactions of McCain and Graham to Rand Paul's filibuster, I was reminded that Washington changed John McCain. And John, it shows in the first 46 seconds:

edit on 9-3-2013 by Guesseyder because: I knew a Sam McCain, meh.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ron Paul is the Idiot along with ALL the other Republicans.
Idiots: Presidents IKE, Nixon, Ford, Regen, Bush Sr and Jr.
Democrat Idiot as he was from Texas LBJ.
Anyone from Texas is an Idiot.

One of the 25% Good Guys.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Perhaps "we" peruse different sites? I thought the reaction to Rand's filibuster was very positive. My God, Code Pink and the ACLU were on his side! The Young Turks tried to have a pizza delivered to him. #StandWithRand was trending worldwide. Let me repeat that: Worldwide!!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
We all know Rand only filibustered because Obama is black.

Second line to explain the above is sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
O'Donnell is the worst offender.

listen to him go out of his way to tell his idiot listeners that rand is full of it

O'Donnell is the worst offender for everything...

the guy is like O'Reilly 2.0 ..a rude, arrogant, popmus, ignorant, blowhard piece of crap.... i understand WHY he has an audience, what i don't understand is what makes people so blind/ignorant/stupid that they watch and believe his rude idiocy...

no respect for the man....he COMPLETELY took everything out of context, just so he could slam the man...total bulls**t....

i watched most of the filibuster...i thought it was necessary...and i understand why, because unlike Dummy McBlowhard over there, i actually pay attention..

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sadly most people are sheep or lemmings, who are to lazy to look things up for themselves. It requires to much brainpower, oh and the headaches that are caused when thinking...can't be having that now.

Watching politics is like watching wrestling. You know it's fake and you just can't help but to pick a side to win, even if you don't like either person.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

well now that depends:

we already know he droped his father and ran with the enemy, he very well could have been bought off to be the poster child congressman everyone wants and when he has everyones trust BAM!

so if that being the case, he could be holding the floor up so other bills might not get heard before its to late to vote on them? and or bringing attention to drones when we know they are just gonna fly them anyway,,, what other bills are they trying to pass with out us noticing?

just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join