It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BROB51
reply to post by FlesyhTwonk

We are born, thus, we deserve the basic essentials of living. Food and shelter. Utopia is something we can strive for (and personally I feel we should be born into but unfortunately thats not the chase)

That is more a statement of human society than a natural right. We are born with nothing. Compassion, empathy and love compel one to provide for others beyond immediate family what we have collectively deemed to be basic needs, but this is not by extension a right to entitlement. Not something you can demand, but something that is offered.
edit on 8-3-2013 by FlesyhTwonk because: Typo shmiso

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

We are born, thus, we deserve the basic essentials of living. Food and shelter. Utopia is something we can strive for (and personally I feel we should be born into but unfortunately thats not the chase)

That is more a statement of human society than a natural right. We are born with nothing. Compassion, empathy and love compel one to provide for others beyond immediate family what we have collectively deemed to be basic needs, but this is not by extension a right to entitlement. Not something you can demand, but something that is offered.

Please understand my reply is not to argue with you.

We are born onto this earth with nothing. You are right. We also are born into bondage. We do not have the right to plant a vegetable garden wherever we chose to. We can't take a few acres of land to raise animals and support ourselves. We can not freely own anything.

We are slaves to the corporate interests of world. The U.S.A. is a corporation and we must adhere to their laws or expect fines, persecution, jail, etc.

Entitlements is a dirty word nowadays. Even if you work for them or earn them through sacrifice.

How can we not expect people to feel entitled when we are denied from birth to live naturally as God intended. God can be replaced with nature. It seems we have nothing when we are born, nothing while we live. Maybe there is more to the other side. I hope so. Cause the world we live in today in nothing short of slavery/servitude at the behest of the few..

I feel entitled to live freely with some land to support myself. The system will not allow that.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker

Please understand my reply is not to argue with you.

We are born onto this earth with nothing. You are right. We also are born into bondage. We do not have the right to plant a vegetable garden wherever we chose to. We can't take a few acres of land to raise animals and support ourselves. We can not freely own anything.

We are slaves to the corporate interests of world. The U.S.A. is a corporation and we must adhere to their laws or expect fines, persecution, jail, etc.

Entitlements is a dirty word nowadays. Even if you work for them or earn them through sacrifice.

How can we not expect people to feel entitled when we are denied from birth to live naturally as God intended. God can be replaced with nature. It seems we have nothing when we are born, nothing while we live. Maybe there is more to the other side. I hope so. Cause the world we live in today in nothing short of slavery/servitude at the behest of the few..

I feel entitled to live freely with some land to support myself. The system will not allow that.

thank you

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Who is authority on giving those rights anyway? Why shouldn't we question things like that? Why should we accept "destiny" that some other mortal proclaimed?

For example if we are all born on this planet than we should have equal rights to it's resources. I'm not talking about private property here. But how come that in some country they pay 5 cents/gallon gas and in another it is 10$/gal? Some countries are extracting enormous wealth from the rest of the world because some natural resources are within their borders. So while the rest of the world is falling apart, they don't know what to do with all that money so they are building some new babylonian towers in the middle of the dessert? It cannot go forever like that. When the pressure is too high it's going to break somewhere.
edit on 8-3-2013 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
and the real kicker...

is that it remains this way, not because civilization is designed to inherently function this way, but that, on an individual-by-individual basis, the greater majority still supports and endorses the "dog-eat-dog" philosophy, due to generations of capitalistic conditioning/programming.

as long as the mentality and thought patterns of the majority are still oriented towards the conventional paradigm, then nothing will change. this paradigm will continue.

i'd say we still have a good 15-20 years until the hundredth monkey is reached and we finally take that collective step towards a more just, less corrupt, and more psycho-spiritually advanced paradigm.

or it will go another, less desirable, direction...

edit on 8-3-2013 by Qi Maker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

I agree absolutely with you. Why not be free to live in peace in the way you wish alongside your fellows.

I wish for every being to live in joy, harmony and understanding. Hopefully this is simply a phase we must go through at this point in our spiritual and material evolution before we can live a better way for all.

In some way we are slaves to the human condition. This is our bondage. We are limited in consciousness, limited in our awareness of our environment and our place within it, and limited in our knowledge of ourselves. Once we throw off these shackles we might then achieve the elusive Utopia.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Originally posted by alomaha

.....what does just that Bieber guy has to do with technological advancement and misery on this planet?
I was just using him as an example of what many people choose to prioritize.

The rise of Facebook and Twitter show it well. People care far too much about what other people think of them. The 'FollowMe' crap and the 'liking' bull*snip*, is what many think is important. In this current society of today, too many people place social networking at the top of their list of priorities.

The more that technology advances. = The less we have to use our brains.

The less time spent using our brains. = More time to spend changing ourselves into something that others will like.

It's a society of short attention spans who live in the moment, not in the future. They're too busy trying to keep up on what is currently trendy, and chasing after the '15 minutes of fame' that is available right now!

We dream of having fun so why cant we when we wake up?
Because when we wake up, we're still broke.

All of the money goes into the gas tank in order to get back and forth from work, and into rent and bills so that we have a comfortable place to sleep between shifts.

Bieber is ok right?
He should be. I've been sending him all of my love. Pray for him. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Good point. Unfortunately, I can't answer that. Other than to say that the elite have positioned themselves above and beyond the needs of the rest of humanity. We lack in our ability to communicate to those in power that what they are doing is wrong. We are afraid to rise up for fear of backlash. Time will tell, but I do believe the people are getting tired of eating cake.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by alomaha

Originally posted by alomaha

.....what does just that Bieber guy has to do with technological advancement and misery on this planet?
I was just using him as an example of what many people choose to prioritize.

The rise of Facebook and Twitter show it well. People care far too much about what other people think of them. The 'FollowMe' crap and the 'liking' bull*snip*, is what many think is important. In this current society of today, too many people place social networking at the top of their list of priorities.

The less time spent using our brains. = More time to spend changing ourselves into something that others will like.

It's a society of short attention spans who live in the moment, not in the future. They're too busy trying to keep up on what is currently trendy, and chasing after the '15 minutes of fame' that is available right now!

We dream of having fun so why cant we when we wake up?
Because when we wake up, we're still broke.

All of the money goes into the gas tank in order to get back and forth from work, and into rent and bills so that we have a comfortable place to sleep between shifts.

Bieber is ok right?
He should be. I've been sending him all of my love. Pray for him. lol

So thats my point. This is why we remain miserable, we wake up into this complex machine of routine and mundane operations. This life sucks, badly.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by alomaha

I agree with your sentiments regarding celebrity culture. Technology can be a good thing though. Communication has transformed our understanding of the wider world we live in. Coupled with the internet, it has also provided a world of knowledge at our fingertips.

Read somewhere that our brains may be changing due to the different ways we engage with technology. Food for thought.
edit on 8-3-2013 by FlesyhTwonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The way I see it: this planet is a prison with a voucher system (Money).

edit on 9-3-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

.....Technology can be a good thing though.
Lots of things 'can be' lots of things, but the fact that something 'can be' does not necessarily guarantee that it is or will be.

Communication has transformed our understanding of the wider world we live in. Coupled with the internet, it has also provided a world of knowledge at our fingertips.
Disinformation and misinformation spread just as quickly and easily as truly accurate information.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I understand what you are saying and I spent lot of time thinking if we as a race can keep pace with our technological advancement. The problem is that our brains cannot cope with this rapid change and our concisenesses isn't evolving fast enough (or at all) too keep up with our technological progress. Which already brought us to very difficult point where we could destroy ourselves. We already started doing that: destroying our environment, our future, each others... The future looks murky... The only way out is some collective quantum leap of consciousness, but I don't know if I can believe in that any more...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Well, more and more people are thinking along the same lines. Never before has there been the means to communicate so fast or freely (that we know of). The changing nature of the first world's economy might be a good thing in that more people are experiencing the lack of freedom poverty brings and are thus more inclined to move toward change for the better in our collective society.

More hopelessness and suffering might be a good thing in the big picture... and there's plenty of that.

Someday soon enough people will realize that being born here entitles you to the basic necessities of life and the word "entitle" will be seen an as anachronism.

The cast system we all agree to will change.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
As we have broken barriers and became so technologically advanced we are always in a constant Arms Race over Research.

You have to be taxed to death, more regulations than you could read with fines to assess you....to generate the Revenue necessary to Fund the Research projects.

Right now there are 3 massive Research Projects that could alter WHO controls Earth.

-Whoever has anti-matter first....wins the planet.
-Whovever solves why atoms are held together in cells first...wins the planet.
-Whovever evolves nuclear research into the next generation...able to control decay of atoms with energy beams....wins the planet.

Thus why the "Rich" countries are poor...homeless...teeth rotting out...can't have careers anymore.

Gotta put all the funds into those Research Projects.

There is no future for humanity. We're fast tracking our DNA to destruction and destroying our species.

We will not exist for much longer.

<< 1   >>

join