It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened When Humans Met An 'Alien' Intelligence? Sex Happened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What Happened When Humans Met An 'Alien' Intelligence? Sex Happened

www.npr.org

We have dreamed about it for so long. We've told stories, made movies, imagined what it would be like when we humans have our first "close encounter" with an intelligent alien, a creature about our size, who can gaze back, talk (even if we can't understand what's being said) who can scare us, thrill us, make us feel its mind. Who wouldn't want a moment like the one in E.T., when the little alien puts out his finger? But that's the movies.

We now know how big the universe is, how far the stars are from each other. Just as I was getting used to the idea that even if there's intelligen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Personally as an anthropologist. I find this story quite interesting. While inter species cross breeding was always a possibility, I have heard other explanations as well. That we homo sapiens killed them off was another story. Could be the combination of both. I certainly feel that if this evidence is true, there's no debate anymore.

Also note that these neanderthals buried their own dead before homo sapiens did. This is quite fascinating, and of course not news. Either way, this is a fascinating read and you may have to come to grips with the fact that you, yes you, have neanderthal dna inside of your body.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
isnt sex always the answer
kind of like choosing C on a multiple choice if you dont know the answer

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I figure entire empires and civilizations may have risen, reached technical peak and fallen into dust or hundreds of feet below our feet for layers ...in the 4 billion years our rock has made it's lonely circles around the sun. Who knows what life has actually flourished and fallen to the side over that time ..or what remnants of that past we can't even prove exists for it's antiquity, carry through the blood lines?

I don't know about Alien because I still suspect for many reasons, there is a very rich and deep history to our own species and perhaps...other species which had been native to Earth in our deeper history. I think the discoveries around the world have only just begun for what there is to find in recreating where we've come from.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You might want to watch this
It's long but worth the time and explains what you just posted in 1 way at least

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

As a so called anthropologist, you should be well aware of cultures,belief systems and practices. This principle you are citing here is nothing new, and is found in the book of genisis.The Nephilim, who took wives.

Anyway good to see you write a post for a change instead of trashing anything else that other's say. Hope they give you the same respect.

All the same, interesting concept indeed.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I find this story quite interesting.

It is interesting. Now, can you please explain how this is "Breaking" news?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

I find this story quite interesting.

It is interesting. Now, can you please explain how this is "Breaking" news?

It's an article from NPR dated today.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I grew up always assuming there were planets orbiting all or most of the stars.. I laughed when they didn't know if there were other planets out there... and when they found exoplanets, and acted so surprised, I was just laughing at them..

Thinking we are the only ones is a narrow minded vision.
You have no IDEA how many MILLIONS of other intelligent lifeforms there are just in our galaxy alone!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
I grew up always assuming there were planets orbiting all or most of the stars.. I laughed when they didn't know if there were other planets out there... and when they found exoplanets, and acted so surprised, I was just laughing at them..

Thinking we are the only ones is a narrow minded vision.
You have no IDEA how many MILLIONS of other intelligent lifeforms there are just in our galaxy alone!

Off topic, but nice avatar. Had to say something...

On topic theres that math equation that literally puts intelligent species in the billions right? The drake equation.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ok mildly interesting but this isnt breaking news, its a review of a book on a blog.

edit on 8-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'd hardly call this a book review. It is informative. And it sparks new debate and revelations to some. And the article was posted today. Im not here to debate what forum it belongs in. I leave that up to the mods. Wherever it ends up, the information in the article is worth dissecting by everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

this is just nostalgic fiction

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I like the idea of an interstellar booty call.
How do you know your partner doesn't have the space herps?
Or what happens when if you just put it in and it explodes?

Whenever there's an abduction do you insist on condoms?

edit on 8-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

What do you mean by that? Care to expound?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

What do you mean by that? Care to expound?

fabricated assumptions
the odds of which are too long to make it significant, or even relevant

ive seen storylines in star trek that are more believabe

peace

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Im curious how exactly you come to that conclusion. Any data? What about the dna evidence? What do you propose is the real story?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So are the spawn of the sexual interaction between human and E.T the powerful ones in our world?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"What Happened When Humans Met An 'Alien' Intelligence? Sex Happened"

..... Nice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join