Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

E-paper that does not use electricity,is weather-proof, unbreakable and inexpensive

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
eng.spb-venchur.ru...

Also does not harm eyes
Works the same way as real paper. One A4 of it costs around 10 euros.

Just found that article, friend told me about it. I wonder how long it will take to take such displays into masses? The article was originally posted 2 years ago, yet after that the company just disappeared from media.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Probably purchased by a large corporation, a competitor...and sitting gathering dust on a back storage shelf....great ideas, and inventions do come along, that large companies see as hurting them financially.

They will purchase the small growing company with the new product, and shelve it. That has been the case, especially in the auto and energy industries for ages.

Out of sight...out of mind...

Des
edit on 8-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I think it's a really neat idea and I even see the logic behind it. I just wanna know how you end up "writing" on those things, would be interesting to see the product closer to its release.

But yeah, I am sure some corporation will buy it out and limit its potential, sell it as expensive, and then slowly improve the product to refresh its worth in the market.

Maybe a new product for apple?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Probably purchased by a large corporation, a competitor...and sitting gathering dust on a back storage shelf....great ideas, and inventions do come along, that large companies see as hurting them financially.

They will purchase the small growing company with the new product, and shelve it. That has been the case, especially in the auto and energy industries for ages.

Out of sight...out of mind...

It really makes me wonder...are we burning money to save the world, or are we burning the world to save money?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Everything cheep and useful disappears.

forecasts cost around 10 EUR meaning that the price of e-readers might fall drastically

www.baltic-course.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I did a search for it and from what I've seen online, they are seeking investors to carry it to the next level. Although they have the basic design down, there is still manufacturing and tailoring it to specific purposes. It seems it is technology that will soon be seen in the world around us, just still in the development stage as far as mass production.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I would really love to know precisely how this e-paper stuff works. How, for instance, can one transmit data to it, if it does not use electricity? How can it display anything without using some power source? I think it is amazing of course, but I really wish I understood it better.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It was bound to happen eventually, We are gradually moving away from paper. Obviously people rarely send letters nowadays, it's mostly all email.
Have you seen the size of the phone book compared to what it was say 10 years ago. Who still uses a street directory when you have a sat-nav.
Here in Melbourne, a newspaper that has existed for well over 150 years has now finally done away with its broadsheet format for the more compact tabloid size.
I run a Printing business and what was once common place, letterheads, Invoice books etc are now a rarity.
Most people invoice online and print their own Letterheads out.
So yeah its just a progression, although I cant see how the image gets on if there's no electrickery involved.
I

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Seems like a perfect application would be cell phones. Unscroll it to A4 paper size and suddenly the cellphone becomes serious, portable communication tech.

top topics

join