It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing Pictures Of Afghanistan From Before The Wars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hijab is the age-old wisdom allows women to stay moral , young and tender skin those who want to disrupt the hijab not only want to make Arab women in the sex like western women but also to deprive the health and attractiveness
who want to disrupt the hijab bring down to Mexico roll about a week in the sun and die from melanoma

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KamaSutra
War? More like rape, genocide and colonization, one country after the next.

For right now, contracted American soldiers patrol the streets and still shoot kids dead and rape Afghan women whenever they feel like it.

Afhanistan's presidency and government, unlike Americans, was a democracy. So what happened to their president"

PRESIDENT MASSOUD WAS ASSASINATED BY CIA ON 9/9/01 LESS THAN 48 HRS BEFORE 9/11

What about the plight of the people? They are strong, but brutally, genetically crippled thanks to USA:

Onto Pakistan... where next?

edit on 8-3-2013 by KamaSutra because: (no reason given)

Massoud was killed by a Taliban bomb in a video camera during a staged interview.

Raping Afghan women... riiiiight.

Do you have evidence to support your completely unsupportable claims? Or you just repeating some nonsense someone told you?

I will give you this: America is not a democracy. Never has been, wasn't designed to be. It's a constitutional republic. I give you points for getting that much correct (most americans don't even know it) even if it was by accident.
edit on 10-3-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007

Just wow...

I truly feel for the people of Afghanistan. Their country has been absolutely obliterated..

A man in the 1960s left his job and home in Arizona and left to work in Kabul. He took his daughters and wife with him. Whilst he was there he took photos. And the contrast from then and now is astonishing.. But not in a good way.

Before the U.S. invasion, before the Russian war, before the Marxist revolution, Afghanistan used to be a pretty nice place.

Amateur photographer, and college professor, Dr. William Podlich took a leave of absence from his job at Arizona State to work with UNESCO in Kabul, bringing his wife and daughters with him.

On the left is a picture showing the photographer's daughter in a pleasant park. On the right is that same park 40 years later.

Girls and boys in western style universities and schools were encouraged to talk to each other freely.

Kids grew up in a safe environment, unafraid of extremist influence.

Elementary education, even out in the rural areas, was standard. Kids and citizens alike felt opportunity hinged on education.

Women weren't required to wear burqas, but some would still cover up by choice.

While urban Afghanistan became modern, rural Afghanistan contained these quaint scenes.

Afghanistan had a national identity, and national style, despite all the 'western' influence.

www.businessinsider.com...
please visit the link for the full read and photos its worth it

Maybe one day Afghanistan can return to the way it was.. But for whatever reason I cannot see that happening in the near future..

Enjoy the photos peeps

peace
fluffx

August 15, 2021

Maybe the Taliban will make Afghanistan stable once again. Unlike invaders America and Russia, this is their neck of the woods.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I sincerely hope so CWM!!! I have my fingers crossed, people the world over deserve better than what we have now.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Twix404

90% of the population supported action in afghanistan at the time so i'm quite sure Congress could have gotten a war declaration if they really had to and hardly anyone would've opposed it. and Congress did pass a resolution supporting military action even if it didn't declare war, so nothing about it was unconstitutional. people wanted revenge and didnt care who suffered for it, if it wasn't for certain people in the military the war would've included the whole region and most would've supported it.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: relocator

If anyone screws over America, it will probably be America. And a house divided cannot stand.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tangonine

American Sniper is basically official military training propaganda at this point. Of course the American military is raping Afghan women and shooting children who pose no threat. Americans are trained not to see Afghans as people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join