It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial killers. Pick your poison!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What serial killer in the last 50 years have you had interest in? What psychological disorders did he/she have or they claimed to have? What type of behaviors reinforced their disorder/diagnosis they had?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

What is your interest. Are you asking from the voice of experience.....

Des

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have been interested in Manson since I found out he once lived in my hometown of Charleston, West Virginia. There was a old shack beside my childhood elementary school that he supposedly lived in at one point, I have never been able to verify this.

www.cielodrive.com...

He has been labeled with many disorders among them, bi-polar, paranoid schizophrenic, conduct disorder, antisocial personality disorder, and delusions of grandeur.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

I have been pretty intested in Obama for the past... I don't know maybe 6 total years. I am not sure what exactly his disorder is called, but killing hundreds with drones I am sure merits some psychological disorder, no?

He may be schizophrenic. He keeps referring to this person named "Romney" yet everyone knows they are really the same person...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdGiggle

Manson never really killed anybody. Who was crazier Manson or the people who killed for him. But he's definitely bonkers.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

I used to read a bunch of True Crime books and out of all of them, for some reason Clifford Olson stood out for me. Maybe because he's Canadian, maybe because he targeted only children. A real psycho scum bag piece of feces. Jeffrey Dahmer was on other who stood out. A canibal...eeeesh!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

The ones who haven't been caught.
edit on 8-3-2013 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer and him can be bunk mates. No, I just want to konw what others think on the topic and there are a lot of great minds here and I like to learn and converse.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

I guess I would have have to say Edmond Kemper,he was supposed to be 'cured' after killing his grandmother,but yet when he went to his last psych session he had a dead girls head in the trunk of his car.Yikes! Went on to kill his mother and her friend after killing several college girls.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ted Bundy, because no one would have ever thought this attractive, well spoken and smart man (as he had a possible future in politics) would be capable of such monstrous acts .He didn't have any known mental illness aside from being "socially awkward" in school and extreme depression when he was left by a woman he was in love with.

I just find myself so curious as to what drives a man who has everything to give it all up in a perverse addiction to luring women and then raping and sodomizing them....
edit on 8-3-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I find the organised professional serial killers the most interesting. A fictional portrayal has been made of these characters in movies and even in computer games. This image is from on interesting movie exploring the psycology of a mechanic hitman.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
John Wayne Gacy.... I mean, how people couldn't be scared witless from his clown costume...is beyond me... You just had to know this guy had some bodies under the porch.... Really a strange case though...

To be sure, the actions of some of these killers are horrific, but also fascinating, that someone can be capable of them while trying to fit in to normal society. Of course, eventually they screw up or simply lose it altogether...and get what's coming to them.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twix404
reply to post by RobFox

I have been pretty intested in Obama for the past... I don't know maybe 6 total years. I am not sure what exactly his disorder is called, but killing hundreds with drones I am sure merits some psychological disorder, no?

Yes, but the drones usually kill other drones. Human drones. Alien hybrids running around killing people in the name of false religion.

Obama isn't responsible for those deaths.

The people running around the desert following a false religion are. If they simply followed their false religion quietly in the desert no one would care. They certainly wouldn't have any drones flying over their heads.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
extreme depression when he was left by a woman he was in love with.

You know that's the part about the Sandusky's, Dahmers I don't get. Depressed when left by a woman? Ridiculous.

Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam, Thailand, and Nevada..

There's no need to victimize people. Love?! It's a chemical reaction at first. Maybe some bonding occurs later, but with legalized prostitution they certainly don't need to be lacking in being able to satisfy their sexual desires.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've never been much interested in any serial killers myself. I did try to analyze how they have thought a little but can't comprehend how people can get that way.

I have killed a box of cheerios in a single day in the past. I don't think that makes me a cereal killer though.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I've never been much interested in any serial killers myself. I did try to analyze how they have thought a little but can't comprehend how people can get that way.

:

And yet you have taken the time to not only read the thread, but respond.

And state that to the contrary you are not interested.

A contradiction to be sure. Motivations for saying one thing that is not representative of your post? Who knows?

Perhaps you are trying to alleviate our fears. Or gain power by deceiving us

One of serial killers great abilities is the ability and desire to manipulate others and deceive.

I'd say not only is there an interest in your mind, but that you have at least two characteristics they possess.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by rickymouse

:

And yet you have taken the time to not only read the thread, but respond.

And state that to the contrary you are not interested.

A contradiction to be sure. Motivations for saying one thing that is not representative of your post? Who knows?

Perhaps you are trying to alleviate our fears. Or gain power by deceiving us

One of serial killers great abilities is the ability and desire to manipulate others and deceive.

I'd say not only is there an interest in your mind, but that you have at least two characteristics they possess.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

It is always important to know how others perceive things. I desire to know how others see these serial killers. I will only kill if I need to kill myself, if I feel that my safety or the safety of my family is in jeopardy. Does that make me a serial killer? Some in society will say that I should call 911 and wait for them to come. I don't like killing others but will if I have to. In the time it takes for the police to get here one of my family could be dead and I would be forced to live a life knowing that I could have done more to protect them. Does my ability to kill someone make me a serial killer? Does a soldiers ability to kill make them a serial killer. Does a policeman's ability to kill make them serial killers.

I see serial killers as people who have taken reality and twisted it to fit their desire to kill. I killed enough rats, chippies, squirrels, and birds when I was young and also deer later in life for food, creatures that never would have hurt me. I used to be a serial killer of animals but have reformed my ways. I don't even like to kill bugs anymore unless they are threatening me. I choose to be in harmony with nature instead of trying to dominating it. I even feel bad about killing a tree unless it has a good reason.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I know this thread is a bit older but I am new and have only tapped into so few of the interesting topics that this site has to offer by its members. For me it is Andrea Yates case. Short Bio

I followed this case closer than the O.J. trial
The reason why is because I deeply feel for the woman and think her husband is a dirt bag. That may sound sick, I know, but there is something to her that makes me think that what she did to her children was very genuine in her mind. Also her case has brought awareness to postpartum depression as well as clinically insane persons in the general prison system.

Andrea Yates murdered 5 of her children by drowning them in a bathtub one by one. It was a very high profile case and I am sure everyone knows about it.

Eight women and four men rejected her insanity plea and furthermore sentenced her to life with the eligibility for parole after a 40 years sentence. Only 40 years? To me that does show some sort of compassion and also screams that the jurors really did feel she was insane at the time. I mean who the hell takes 5 children one at a time and holds them under water for at least 3 minutes until death? That is a damned monster? And parole after 40 years? Come one, they knew the poor woman was cray to give her such an insignificant sentence compared to the crime that was committed!

Anyway, she was retried due to a lie by a witness on stand that claimed he wrote a piece for the Law & Order television series with the plot of a woman that suffered from postpartum depression that drowned her children. He claimed it aired right before Andrea killed her children. It turned out that the show aired after Andrea Yates committed filicide and thus a new trial ensued based on that. She was then found not guilty by insanity and put up in a mental facility.

Now besides the above, there is much more history to Andrea Yates. She was super religious, on and off drugs for depression, had attempted suicide and self mutilation multiple times, and had been treated for postpartum a few times prior. All in the presence of her then husband. What really fascinates me is why did this man not see a pattern here? He had them all living and piled in a freaking travel trailer in all different locations. It's not like she had a huge mansion to hide her craziness in. He witnessed her episodes many, many times. He has taken her to clinicians over and over. He also defended her in her actions by claiming she was insane. So tell me then, how in the HELL does he not have any responsibility in this at all? How is he so innocent knowing full well this woman was freaking mad? Those were his children too. To this day her now ex-husband still blames her disease for the murders. That same disease he lived with for 5-8 years straight. Bull #. He knew his wife was bat # crazy and did not do anything to protect his children except to make more with her. He made more!!!

Anyway that is my top killer. She wasn't a serial killer but hey, 5 is serial enough for me. That's more than Manson killed

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another real intriguing one....Aileen Wuornos

She (yes, she) was a prostitute who preyed on truckers. She killed seven men, and was executed by my lovely state back in 2002.

www.trutv.com...

Serial killer Aileen "Lee" Wuornos, who confessed to fatally shooting seven men along the Florida highways, received lethal injection in October 2002. In an odd twist to the story, despite her six death sentences, it was Lee's choice to end her life that day.

She was the basis for the movie "Monster"

top topics

join