It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replies are being read before I access them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Each time I check my "replies" box, I see records of replies I've not yet read, but they don't appear in the typical bold font. Instead, they appear in the plain font we all see when seeing a reply we've already read. Although a handful of replies appear in bold once in a while, it's almost as if these replies are being read before I have the chance to get to them.

Is it common for messages in the "replies" box to be read by staff before we have the chance? I'm just trying to understand whether I've got a hacking issue.

Thank you kindly!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Staff never read PMs and can't even if they wanted to. Only the Admins and owners can get access.

What happens is someone PMs you and then they click on their 'sent' message to double-check what they wrote. As soon as this happens, the U2U alert button thinks the PM has been read.

It happens to me all the time so I check my inbox just in case.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not referring to PM's which appear in a member's "inbox". I'm referring to the items which appear in the "replies" box, containing a link to another user's response to one of your posts. I believe they're automatically generated. When "unread" they appear in a bold font, changing to a plain font upon reading. My concern pertains to unread "replies" which are not bold, as if I've read them already. I'm curious about who would be accessing that record (other than me, of course!).

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That happens when you've clicked on the thread where the reply was posted.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

That happens when you've clicked on the thread where the reply was posted.

AHA! Thank you so much!

Love the name btw. I always call things I can't look at "kandinskys". I'm blessed by the visual resolution skills of a pirate on ritalin.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Glad to help out

Love the name btw. I always call things I can't look at "kandinskys". I'm blessed by the visual resolution skills of a pirate on ritalin.

^^^^ That made me laugh out loud (lol for the tldr guys).

new topics

top topics

join