It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may have cured father-in-laws cancer naturally - symptoms are gone in three weeks!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Belittling someone is such an attack, anyways, look at the amounts this guy was using! MEGA MEGA Dose!

I look for no fights, sorry if I came across that way.

Ascorbic acid has many important functions. It is a powerful oxidizer and when given in massive amounts; that is, 50 grams to 150 grams, intravenously, for certain pathological conditions, and "run in" as fast as 20 Gauge needle will allow, it acts as a "Flash Oxidizer,"4 often correcting the pathology within minutes. Ascorbic acid is also a powerful reducing agent. Its neutralizing action on certain toxins, exotoxins, virus infections, endotoxins and histamine is in direct proportion to the amount of the lethal factor involved and the amount of ascorbic acid given. At times it is necessary to use ascorbic acid intramuscularly. It should always be used orally, when possible, along with the needle' www.nutri.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr
reply to post by NavyDoc

You make it sound like drugs came before plants as medicine, lol, too funny.

They scour the jungles for more ways to introduce new drugs from plants, synthetically, of course so it can be patented. Am I right? Partially at least?

No, you misunderstand. Plants can contain drugs and chemicals that can be used for medicines and before we could synthesize them in the lab all of our medicines were plant products. Digitalis was isolated as the active molecule in the foxglove plant that helped heart failure. Foxglove was used for centuries for this and science told us the how and why. Willow bark was used for pain for millennia and what we now know as aspirin was derived from it. It is not an either/or proposition. It is not plants or medicine--plants often ARE medicine.

Medical anthropology is devoted to seeking out new medicines--especially in the rainforest. They see what the natives use for particular ailments and then test and evaluate the plant in question. It is a fascinating and expanding field.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr
reply to post by NavyDoc

Belittling someone is such an attack, anyways, look at the amounts this guy was using! MEGA MEGA Dose!

I look for no fights, sorry if I came across that way.

Ascorbic acid has many important functions. It is a powerful oxidizer and when given in massive amounts; that is, 50 grams to 150 grams, intravenously, for certain pathological conditions, and "run in" as fast as 20 Gauge needle will allow, it acts as a "Flash Oxidizer,"4 often correcting the pathology within minutes. Ascorbic acid is also a powerful reducing agent. Its neutralizing action on certain toxins, exotoxins, virus infections, endotoxins and histamine is in direct proportion to the amount of the lethal factor involved and the amount of ascorbic acid given. At times it is necessary to use ascorbic acid intramuscularly. It should always be used orally, when possible, along with the needle' www.nutri.com...

I didn't think I was belittling the man, I honestly didn't understand why he thought I was attacking vitamin C.

With C's anti infection properties I can see using large doses to fight off infection. The patient in the ICU was under systemic collapse and had sepsis so the antibiotic/antiviral properties may have helped him. In addition, he was obviously acidotic and remember that C has strong anti occidental properties. Now anecdote =\= data and correlation =\= causation but that recovery was very encouraging. It would make a great study on using C to reduce acidosis in the ICU.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by toastyr

I think niacin also regulated it too in a randomised study?
You would have to do some digging if you don't already know.
I think google keywords : hoffer niacin cholesterol.

Statins kill q10 and this is essential for heart muscle so bit of controversy there.
Limbo

edit on 9-4-2013 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

Yes, you are correct. The niacin studied have been so good that even establishment type physicians are reccomending it. Many patients can't tolerate the flushing and itching but I've found that is attenuated by taking an aspirin with it. On a side note, ever have sex after taking niacin? The tingling and increased peripheral blood flow is...stimulating...to say the least.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

If, by recent history, are you talking about the 1950's? There have been ethical breeches in the past...let me direct you to the Tuskeegee experiments. Due to these situations, medicine in general and government agencies (including the military) in particular have very strict guidlines and oversite for research studies. This is a conspiracy website, so I'm certain super top secret allegations will come up, but the process is very heavily regulated based on past incidents as you describe. Again, the accusation that physicians intentionally keep people ill to profit off them is very unfounded and pretty inflammatory.

The study ended in 1972. Children of these men were born infected. Who knows if they still suffer effects today.

Unrelated, my friends father alleged that he was experimented on in the military in the early '60's .

It negatively impacted my friends relationship with his father.

Everyone thought he was a crackpot, but some recent evidence surfaced that backed his story.

How about Abu Ghraib?

A May 22 article on Abu Ghraib in the New York Times states that “much of the evidence of abuse at the prison came from medical documents” and that records and statements “showed doctors and medics reporting to the area of the prison where the abuse occurred several times to stitch wounds, tend to collapsed prisoners or see patients with bruised or reddened genitals.”1 According to the article, two doctors who gave a painkiller to a prisoner for a dislocated shoulder and sent him to an outside hospital recognized that the injury was caused by his arms being handcuffed and held over his head for “a long period,” but they did not report any suspicions of abuse

New England Journal of Medicine

This thread is going sideways because early on someone called Rezlooper a liar, for relating a personal experience.

That made him defensive.

Maybe Rezlooper and G have had bad experiences with doctors in the past.

I am going to ask you NavyDoc,

Please,

Can you just continue a dialogue explaining the science, and protocols behind a medical treatment of G's condition?

It might help a great many people on ATS to understand where you are coming from, and not to fear medical treatment, if they go that route.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I've read about stimulants doing this, but I must admit that the first testimonial I've read on the
use of a micronutrient for eroticism!
Limbo

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

G's prognosis is very positive right now. He's planning on seeing the second doctor from here on out and he's making a new appointment to get his PSA again and to find out why these two differing reports show that he may have enlarged despite now being smooth and soft. He wants to get to the bottom of it. I have also been talking to him about getting another biopsy done. He's been against it but to ease his own mind so that he's not wondering or having any doubts, he's considering it. He remains without any voiding problems and pain-free so all still looks well. On a positive note. He continues his diet plan but has added a few things like more whole grains and white meat like chicken and turkey so that he doesn't lose any more weight. Guilty pleasures have taken over on him a couple of times...he had pizza last night and a few days ago he couldn't resist a Burger King chicken sandwich. Oh well, still glad that he can maintain such a strict diet plan after living his whole life eating red meat, drinking a lot of beer and visiting fast food joints on a regular basis. It's got to be tough, but when facing life or death, the choice most likely becomes a lot simpler.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Interesting addendum to the vitamin C side disscusion. I had a 68 year old female patient with severe asthmatic reactions to NSAIDs and severe blood glucose spikes with steroids so both her arthritis and RA pain was not being helped very well. I had read this study in Journal of Arthritis and Rheumatism and noted this:

Those with high vitamin C intake also had a reduced risk of developing knee pain (adjusted OR = 0.3, 95% CI 0.1–0.8). A reduction in risk of OA progression was seen for beta carotene (adjusted OR = 0.4, 95% CI 0.2–0.9) and vitamin E intake (adjusted OR = 0.7, 95% CI 0.3–1.6), but was less consistent. No significant associations were observed for the nonantioxidant nutrients.

Given that everything I read puts vitamin C at low risk, I started her on 1000mg per day last month. She returned this morning reporting a 50% reduction in pain scores in her knees and hips. This was encouraging so I increased her to 200omg QD and added the Beta Carotene and Vit E. She was counseled to stop the extra vitamin E if she noted excessive bruising (it can be an anticoagulant if over 300-800 IU according to another paper I read.) Will be interested in seeing what she has to say next month.
edit on 10-4-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2013 by NavyDoc because: Multiple typos

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by NavyDoc

Observation study open to bias etc. I thought you would mention this.
(This study went big news as I recall as usually anti vitamin propaganda does.)
This contradicts several other studies showing no link.
Also I remind you that there is an almost identical study in women showing no link.
Why is this study so significant and the others not?
Limbo
The Swedish study has been well critiqued..
orthomolecular.org...

www.vitamincfoundation.org...

jasn.asnjournals.org...

Okay...since you sem to obsessing on one single point of the many points that are important, let me redirect for a moment before you go off into the weeds.The point I made is the fact that there is nothing in nature that is without risk or potential side effects and one of the most silly assumption people make is that if something is labled a vitamin or "natural" that it is complete risk free with no adverse effects ever possible and works every time for every ailment. This is not true in nature and this is not true in taking a wholistic approach to health.

Secondly, I find it funny that you discard University Studies as being "biased" but you direct me to two websites that are obviously biased and agenda driven. I know you are biased based on the verbage "anti vitamin propaganda." Considering I use 1000mg vitamin C myself and said so several posts back, I'm not anti-vitamin. However, a smart porponent of natropathic medicine is going to use reason, not emotion. Sometimes people are vested in a belief system that they think that any criticism or evaluation of their system is an "attack" or "propaganda." Sometimes it is like talking to a fundimentalist Bible thumper who get all upset and angry if you don't buy their interpretation of the word of god.

Anyhoo...

I find it amusing that people who reject double blinded placebo controlled studies when conventional medicine is concerned and insist that anecdotal evidence is great where non-conventional medicine is concerned is adequate suddenly want to insist on double blinded placebo controlled studies when a study differs than their belief system (see above.) If you reject one academic study as being "biased anti vitamin propaganda" and as being in the pocket of big pharma because we all know that univeristies are in the pocket of big pharma than how can you turn around and say that another university study with the same methodology is not biased simply because you agree with the conclusion? Either we are all in the pockets of big pharma or not.

The blog that "debunked" the Swedish study mentioned several guys selling books, Riodan, and Cathart. Mayo is biased but guys who are trying to sell books and and cures in their clinic are not? C'mon.

I don't know why the Brigham study had no increase in stone formation. It was teh same sort of questionair study as the Swedish study. Women do metabolize differently. THis is an interesting quote:"inverse association may be attributed to the discontinuation of vitamin C supplements by stone formers in response to medical advice."

Regardless, I use vitamin C because of proven coronary vasodilation and cholesterol reduction. Even if my relative risk of a kidney stone doubles from 1% to 2%, IMHO, the small risk is outweighed by the benefit and I will keep on with my 1000 to 2000 MG per day. My entire point, which you missed, is that nothing you put in your body is without risk or give and take or potential side effects. Nothing is perfect. Insteady of being blindly fanatical, people should still persue naturopathy with their eyes open and their feet on the ground and be ready to accept that anything and everything we put in our bodies have consequences, good and bad, and to evaluate ever choice you make with balancing that risk. Vitamin C is low risk, assuredly, and very beneficial but not without zero risk and people who use mega-doses increase their risk of various side effects without much added benefit. Keep yourself at less than 2000mg per day and you get the same benefit without as many problems as those people who obsessively scarf down 10 grams per day because "it is a vitamin and good for you and if a little is good for you then a ton must be even better." Nature and your body does not work that way.

Vitamin C actually doesn't increase the risk of Kidney stones, in fact it should decrease it.
Smokers will deplete 25mg of vitamin C per cigarette that they smoke, and are at greater risk for kidney stones.

well.blogs.nytimes.com...

orthomolecular.org...
edit on 10-4-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

www.doctoryourself.com...
edit on 10-4-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

G's prognosis is very positive right now. He's planning on seeing the second doctor from here on out and he's making a new appointment to get his PSA again and to find out why these two differing reports show that he may have enlarged despite now being smooth and soft. He wants to get to the bottom of it. I have also been talking to him about getting another biopsy done.

That's good to hear.

Another biopsy might not be a bad idea....

Take care.

I hope all goes well.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

G's prognosis is very positive right now. He's planning on seeing the second doctor from here on out and he's making a new appointment to get his PSA again and to find out why these two differing reports show that he may have enlarged despite now being smooth and soft. He wants to get to the bottom of it. I have also been talking to him about getting another biopsy done.

That's good to hear.
Another biopsy might not be a bad idea....
Take care.
I hope all goes well.
PSA velocity is a strong indicator at this point, more so than the 'smooth and soft'. Biopsies suck...it was the worst part of the treatment for me.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi
Any updates on this thread?
Limbo

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
A few points .
Decaf green tea,defeats the purpose unfortunately .
A good green tea from Japan ,loose leaf,brewed in a strainer ,is thevbest green tea you can use.
Teas in bags and decaf ,have none of the good stuff that real green tea has in it.
I suggest genmacha ,which has roasted rice in it . It's quite delicious .
For salt,you want to get pink Himalayan salt.
White salt ,of any kind ,even if it says sea salt on it ,is useless .
Look into the pink salt.
There is also black Hawaiian salt ,but the pink is more appealing to the eye .

You may want to research IP6 ,as taken in conjunction with green tea,has shown it to cure stage four liver cancers .
Studies were done in Japan ,but you wont ever see them published here .
IP6 however,is a chealtor ,so it cannot be taken with any other meds or food.
Timing can be tricky ,is he's on meds . I put a bottle next to my bed ,and I take it just as I wake up,and just before I go to sleep .
I drink the green tea during the day at my leisure .For a positive diagnosis of cancer ,he needs at least 4 gms a day .
I buy 500 mg pills ,and take two at a time ,for a total of 2 gms,but I take it as a preventative .
Since its a chealtor ,it also lowers cholesterol ,so its good for cardiac patients as well.
Studies have been done in the USA ,but again ,they won't tell you this .They make far too much money shoving stations down everyone throat .

I suggest he drink 8oz of kombucha tea ,daily . The best brand is SYNERGY.
It keeps cancer from metastasizing .

Research the Budwig diet. Its completely natural ,and the cure rate is quite high .

Also chaga mushroom . I make an elixer out of it ,and put a dropper full in my tea twice a day .
I do practice everything i preach btw . So if i recommend it,I take it myself .

I hope hes cured soon .
Keep doing what you're doing .

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hey all,

I just wanted to post a little update from Thursday. I was too busy to post sooner but my FIL, G, went back to the docs office the other day because of some more prostate troubles. He basically had some serious enlargement that caused him to get a bladder infection because he wasn't releasing all. He's been fine since beating the cancer until about a month ago. He had gone in a couple of weeks prior and had a catheter put in. He didn't want to go back to this same doctor that he has been seeing so he went to a new doctor in Wausau. . He was there all afternoon.

Anyways, so the Urologist examines him and then asks me and the wife to come in to discuss with him the history of the bladder infection because he was getting confused on what G was telling him.

After our discussion I am now thoroughly convinced that you just can't trust doctors anymore. Your best interest is not there own in this day and age.

Here's what happened.

So, after a few minutes hearing this doctor ask about the course of the past couple of weeks with the catheter and how Flowmax isn't working, I asked about his cancer. Of course, we were concerned his cancer was back.

The doctor looks at me with this crazy face, like why am I asking about cancer, and says "what cancer?" He then basically said to us that there was no indication of cancer from his exam. Meaning he was soft and would have no reason to suspect cancer. I then realized that G never told him about his being diagnosed back in January.

I said, "well, Gene had cancer but he beat it with a natural health diet," and he immediately rolled his eyes and looked away at his paperwork and then started to question why we would think that. There was some confusion between all of us until my wife took charge and said a biopsy was done and that he was diagnosed.

I said it once again that he went on a natural health food diet and beat it though, in just three weeks, then the A-hole rolls his eyes again. He didn't have the records from the other hospital where G had been going at this point, but I then told him that he did see a doctor from the same clinic we were currently at but in another town for an exam back in March, right after the three-week diet.

He then left the room to go and check on those records.

I left the room at this point and my wife told me what happened next. Keep in mind that this is the third consecutive doctor to give G a physical exam since beating the cancer that said he was soft and there was no indication of cancer...I take that back, his original doctor did say he was soft but he already knew of the cancer so of course, he couldn't say he had beaten it.

Anyways, A-hole comes back in and first thing he says to G and my wife as he looks G point blank in the face..."I just want to say that you did not beat cancer."

WTF?

First of all, where is the open mind? Do these doctors think they are God and only they can save someone? How can anyone look someone in the face and mess with their lives that way. Just imagine all the stress he has already been going through simply by being diagnosed with cancer, but then to try to have some hope and some uplifting spirit knowing you've been beating it only to have this idiot doctor try to bring him down by telling him there is no way he can beat cancer with alternative methods.

Of course, this new doctor who just several minutes prior had suggested there was no indication of cancer, proceeded to discuss surgical options. LOL! What a friggin joke.

By the original words out of this doctor's mouth, we know and G knows he remains cancer free and simply has an enlarged prostate at the moment. He will now treat that with another good old fashioned home remedy. Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 16 ounces of water drank throughout the day, along with a few other measures.

It's simply amazing that doctors can't acknowledge the possibility that other methods do work. At least a pat on the back for how well he's doing and say, "Yo, keep it up, it's working." Or, "Congrats, you're doing an outstanding job of extending your own life." Or even to simply say to G, "Oh yeah, an alternative diet plan, what did you actually do?"

Not one of these doctors has asked G what he took or what his diet plan consisted of. What a joke.

I'll say it...Congrats G, you're still cancer-free and you did it on your own. You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

edit on 28-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If he's still having the bladder infection he can try using a combination of D-Mannose with cranberry extract and probiotics. The company NOW makes one that I like and almost all the women that come to me that I've recommended this to have come back the next day saying that their infection is gone. Here's a link to Amazon that shows it: D-Mannose cranberry
edit on 28-9-2013 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Did you ever actually provide us with the cancer diagnosis?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Alchemst7

If he's still having the bladder infection he can try using a combination of D-Mannose with cranberry extract and probiotics. The company NOW makes one that I like and almost all the women that come to me that I've recommended this to have come back the next day saying that their infection is gone. Here's a link to vitacost that shows it: D-Mannose cranberry

Thank you. Will pass that one on.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Phage

Did you ever actually provide us with the cancer diagnosis?

Lol. Typical Phage. Just like the doctors, if you know what I mean. Yes, look back over the thread.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

When a mans testosterone level drops quickly, it causes problems that sometimes enlarge the prostate and then that can lead to worse things in the future. To raise the testosterone level you can eat things containing bromalain. Pineaple cores are high in it and the sweet part has some to. Grapefruit contains it also. So do bananas. Bromelain is not tollerant to heat though, it falls apart at around a hundred and ten degrees so fresh is better. Bromelain will break up the mucus that protects tumors also, that way the immune system can identify and kill the tumor. Papain from Papaya can also help cancer.

Another thing is either bromelain or papain are used to clarify beer and booze. There is some in beer and booze, it is part of it's taste. Just some ideas for you to kick around.
edit on 28-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Thank you.
I hope you are correct in your speculation that he is cancer free.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join