It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez Body Embalmed To Be Permanently on Display

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well .. to each their own ... The Chavez fans will be able to go visit his shrine in Venezuela if they like. So will the history buffs and tourists. I wonder if the Venezuelan ex-pats in Florida will make a pilgrimage or not? Anyways .. for those interested in current events ..

Chavez Body Embalmed To Be Permanently on Display

Hugo Chavez's body will be preserved and forever displayed inside a glass tomb at a military museum not far from the presidential palace from which he ruled for 14 years, his successor announced Thursday in a Caribbean version of the treatment given Communist revolutionary leaders like Lenin, Mao and Ho Chi Minh. ..

"We have decided to prepare the body of our 'Comandante President,' to embalm it so that it remains open for all time for the people. Just like Ho Chi Minh. Just like Lenin. Just like Mao Zedong," Maduro said. He said the body would be held in a "crystal urn" at the Museum of the Revolution, a stone's throw from Miraflores presidential palace.

The announcement followed two emotional days in which Chavez's supporters compared him to Jesus Christ, and accused his national and international critics of subversion.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow. Just like Snow White. isn't that special?

Maybe they can buy the spot next to Lenin's perpetual carcass display.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
To me this is pretty disturbing. Is he really that special to them that they would want to see a dead body just hanging around. If he was that great he deserves a proper burial or at least a mausoleum where people can visit. Even a statue with an urn in it would suffice...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well it is their nation they can do as they please. But seeing how so many people believed the propaganda about him there will be many that scream about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Well it is their nation they can do as they please.

Like I said .. to each their own.

But seeing how so many people believed the propaganda about him there will be many that scream about it.

... so many people who believed both the positive and the negative propaganda.
Truth is hard to find sometimes ...
And the truth is hard for some to accept sometimes ...

Either way, the guy is being prepp'd and put on display for pilgrims to go and venerate.
FYI for whoever is interested.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Look in my eyes .... what do you see?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe they want it to be visible when he rises again in three days? A glass coffin has to be easier to get out of than a blocked cave.

Houdini used glass boxes for his tricks, too!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Turning a person's cadaver into a tourist trap.

Will there be rides and stuff? Sounds like a pretty crap theme park if there is no rides.

-Venezuelan's have strange ideas on entertainment...gorgeous looking people..but they need an xbox or something
-

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe a web cam so we can all enjoy worshiping him. And while their at it maybe an all Kim channel too

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wonder if there are any sites in the U?s like this? Somehow, I think there may be one day.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
Maybe a web cam so we can all enjoy worshiping him. And while their at it maybe an all Kim channel too

Still better than watching American Idol imo.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Those who forget history are condemned to relive it...

SINCE the Soviet Union folded in 1991, Russia has been tippy-toeing around the dead mouse on the national living room floor, namely Lenin’s embalmed corpse.

Every few years, someone suggests doing something about it. Some weeks ago, Vladimir Medinsky, Russia’s minister of culture, said in a radio interview that he thought it was time Lenin was put to use pushing up the daisies. Not his exact words, but you get the drift.

When the subject came up in 2009, the Community Party leader, Gennadi A. Zyuganov, went predictably ballistic.

These periodic suggestions send Russia’s Communists into a spluttering rage. Yes, Russia still has a Communist Party; some myths really do die hard. (Source)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't think anyones body should be on public display i wonder if thats what the people of Venezuela really want or if this is just a propaganda tool..
I wonder if you will have to pay for admission to see him on display the whole thing gives me the creeps..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think we should put together an ATS Pilgrimage Tour, head on down and pay our respects. Maybe make a day of it - you know, picnic lunch on the glass coffin and all that.

Bring the kids! Maybe we can have balloon animals and stuff!

edit on 2013/3/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That is just plain sick !

There was a time when you died, you were being paid the last respects and then ciao...now...

Embalmed like a bird or a bear on display...what next? Cut their heads off and put their displays on the walls as trophies ?? Or what about a Madame Tussaud Horror museum?? Foget the wax...outta style...have the real thing...the Ayatollah...Chavez...Ahmadinejad...Little Fat Un...hey why not Obama or Harper or the next pope if he dies before resigning???

This world has gone mad.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
That is just plain sick !

There was a time when you died, you were being paid the last respects and then ciao...now...

Embalmed like a bird or a bear on display...what next? Cut their heads off and put their displays on the walls as trophies ?? Or what about a Madame Tussaud Horror museum?? Foget the wax...outta style...have the real thing...the Ayatollah...Chavez...Ahmadinejad...Little Fat Un...hey why not Obama or Harper or the next pope if he dies before resigning???

This world has gone mad.

Dude, why all this hysteria? Embalming has been practiced for a long time. If you count Egypt, for millenia. In modern age, there are numerous members of the embalming profession in the West, and schools where you can learn the trade, such as the Embalmer Training School in the UK.

Why does it take someone like Chavez to die, to get everybody scream in horror at the mention of embalming? Why is it such a big deal?

Meh.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Why does it take someone like Chavez to die, to get everybody scream in horror at the mention of embalming? Why is it such a big deal?

It has nothing to do with embalming, rather with the circus-like atmosphere of putting his corpse on display for something other than a reasonable period of mourning. As I noted in my post, the Russians are now trying to figure out what to do with Lenin's body, on display since the 1920s and no longer of any interest to anyone but fanatics that the government doesn't want to tick off. The body of Josef Stalin was in a similar situation, but they unceremoniously dumped him off when no one was looking.

See also : Cult of Personality

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Embalming is not a big deal. Displaying a corpse as a popular attraction is.

I find it disrespectful to him and to his family, not because it's Chavez, could be anyone really, it still doesn't sit well with me. As an example, here in Montreal, at the St-Joseph Oratory, they display Brother Andre's heart as a sacred heart. They pulled his heart out of his corpse and they display it for everyone to look at. What good does that do and to who?

I find it immoral, unrespectful and lacking good taste. But maybe it's just me.

edit on 8-3-2013 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
As an example, here in Montreal, at the St-Joseph Oratory, they display Brother Andre's heart as a sacred heart. They pulled his heart out of his corpse and they display it for everyone to look at.

Blech.

Even as a Roman Catholic, that's just blech.

Saints are saints for their actions, message and strength of character, not for some body part.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

and there will not even be a foot note for anyone to read when you pass away.

Plenty of people loved him, and those that hated him are the ones who were no longer allowed to exploit the ones that now love chavez. The poor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join